Additional hand weapon, Rune of Khaine, Manbane

5 Harpies

Bolt Thrower

Bolt Thrower

Total points 1500

your thoughts on the army lists?

Mooglemen
04-02-2009, 15:47
I don't want to sound insulting, but this is just ridiculous. How many turns do you think it will take for your 10 strong xbow bodyguards to turn tail and flee? I'm guessing turn 2 due to shooting or anything fast.
My suggestion, try an army that actually has some models in it.

Chain
04-02-2009, 17:48
I don't want to sound insulting, but this is just ridiculous. How many turns do you think it will take for your 10 strong xbow bodyguards to turn tail and flee? I'm guessing turn 2 due to shooting or anything fast.
My suggestion, try an army that actually has some models in it.

The point is avoiding Close combat with the harpies preventing marches and the bolt Throwers, magicians and crossbowmen firing anything they got at whatever gets near and eventually if they get close enough to do a charge within 2 turns reveal the assassin and shoot em down with potential S7 Stars.
It's an atypical list with good reason(the enemy will hate you for it if you succeed, but laugh of you if he win)
Well unless I think my stand and shoot + ASF assassin can kill most of the chargers I'd likely turn tail from a charge declaration.
But it's true not many direct hits are needed to vanquish the entire army.
Magic should be ok having 5 Dispel Dices in a 1000 point battle and 7-16 power dices, Warmachines and flyers would likely make short work of this list.

Dragon Prince of Caledor
04-02-2009, 19:50
Just one miscast and thats the end of your entire list. One unit of Phoenix guard would literally walk across the table, utter nothing, and silently laugh as you run off the board.

I dont think it would be very fun nor very effective to be honest. But thats just my opinion. One dragon mage would chew your list up and spit it out ;) Literally. You can take it but dont forget that we were all thinking / saying told you so when you either have no fun or get squished.
Good luck anyways :)