PDA

View Full Version : Gretting rid of a crap load of sprues with only some parts missing.

magnificent*
04-02-2009, 07:27
If I like more than 30% of the parts in a plastic kit I will buy it in put the parts in one of my 2 filing cabinets of bits. I end I up with a lot a sprues with the coolest looking bits taken out and I wondering how I should get rid off these. Perhaps advertise them on ebay for people wanting to make chaos spawn?

ehlijen
04-02-2009, 08:13
The sprues? Or the bits? I don't think anyway will want the empty sprues, but you can always trade bits, keep them for conversions or just give them to people you like and you know play those armies.

Bigbot
04-02-2009, 08:23
take them off the sprues and put them into small tupperware boxes filed by army. It saves a ton of space and you never know when it'll come in useful

shabbadoo
04-02-2009, 08:58
I guess I'm the only one so far who understood the point of the original post. Sell the sprues on e-bay. Either sort the sprues by set and sell them that way, or sort the sprues by army type and sell them in larger batches.

Chaoschrist
04-02-2009, 11:45
Perhaps you could see if any of the leftover bits are needed bij bwbits.com they have a regularly updated list around and give you storecredit for it.

magnificent*
04-02-2009, 12:02
take them off the sprues and put them into small tupperware boxes filed by army. It saves a ton of space and you never know when it'll come in useful

There are some bits that I am absolutely sure I will never use.

Bunnahabhain
04-02-2009, 14:30
The sprues? Or the bits? I don't think anyway will want the empty sprues, but you can always trade bits, keep them for conversions or just give them to people you like and you know play those armies.

Actually, there is a really good use for old sprue.

Find 5-6 identical sprues, and clip all the bits out, including the internal frame, to just leave the thick outer rectangle. Do this neatly, with side cutters, so you have fairly smooth sides.

Now, just line them up, so all the mould pegs are one above the other, and glue them together. Paint up.

You now have a solid, Sc-i fi looking fence or wall. Squares corners, or L shapes( ie a simple wall, with a short spur to make them stand up The sprue is the beams, and the mould pegs provide the posts.

on topic, yes Ebay, probably bundelled by army, is your best bet...

Mega Nutz
04-02-2009, 14:45
Ebay by army........have done this a few times with some great results!

heroc
04-02-2009, 15:39
Two words.

Sprue Rubble

Clip out all of the bits for sale or future use and then use the sprues for mountains of rubble. It can be quite a workout but if you use one of the hand crank meat grinders you get much better looking rubble than you do with clippers.

pookie
04-02-2009, 17:09
There are some bits that I am absolutely sure I will never use.

ive found its best never to say that, in years to come you will kick yourself! oh and to answer your question, pop it all in a padded envelope and post them all to me :D