PDA

View Full Version : Question about general of one's army...

Engra Deathsword
04-02-2009, 06:48
Hello,

I was thinking about creating a Cult of Slaanesh armylist for fun and noticed something about the lists made by other people.

In many of the 2k lists, a Druchii Anointed (Lord choice) and a couple Sorceresses (Heroes) are taken.

As I understand it, the BRB states whichever character that has the highest leadership is the General of the army. According to the Cult of Slaanesh rules, a Druchii Anointed can never be the army's general, however the Anointed has a higher LD than the sorceresses....

So would 2k lists containing the Anointed be against the official rules? BTW, I know that it's cool if my opponent is cool with it....I'm just curious.

Thanks!

Lexy
04-02-2009, 07:07
No, because the rules for CoS say, that a sorceress should be general.
See the druchii annointed more as a BSB (in rules for generals).

TheDarkDaff
04-02-2009, 07:08
Armybook specifics overrule BRB generalities. You should also notice that the Cult must be led by a Soceress.

Neckutter
04-02-2009, 07:12
i dont think The Cult is tournament legal, although you might get some people to play fun games against you. that being said, you can totally make a witch elf army outta the new DE book, with nothing but witch elves, if you wish.

but yeah, as a rule of thumb, armybook overrides rulebook.

Engra Deathsword
04-02-2009, 17:08
Ah, sweet! I didn't see the part about the sorceress being the general....and yea, it's just for friendly games with my buddies! Thanks guys!

theunwantedbeing
04-02-2009, 17:13
If something is stated not to be allowed to be the army genral, it cannot be the army general even if it has the highest leadership.

eg.
Bretonnian lord with the virtue of the ideal. While he's ld9 he can't be the general.
WE alter kindred lord, ld10 can't be the general.

Both legal to use in a 2k game if you wish to take them.
So long as you have another non BsB character to lead the army of course!