PDA

View Full Version : warriors of chao on cold ones

dennisg
04-02-2009, 18:47
I want to build a warriors of chaos army and want the mounts to be cold ones and a steagasouras what would the rules say to this or would it just be visual with no added rules.. ??

Dennis

www.Epicterrain.com

Neckutter
04-02-2009, 20:37
it would be visual only
although a chaos steed and a cold one have very similar properties, and are indistinguishable per rules, save for the fear. good thing chaos knights cause fear.

Cambion Daystar
04-02-2009, 21:18
Cold ones are not a problem. Rules won't be changed though, it is purely a visual thing.

Stegadon is going to be harder. Using it as a dragon will be hard unless you model wings. maybe you can use is as a warshrine. just put a chaos altar on top of it

Gorbad Ironclaw
05-02-2009, 06:43
it would be visual only
although a chaos steed and a cold one have very similar properties, and are indistinguishable per rules, save for the fear. good thing chaos knights cause fear.

And the stupidity! So really it's a good thing it would only be cosmetic as using the actual Cold One rules would only make the unit worse.

Neckutter
05-02-2009, 07:32
Cold ones are not a problem. Rules won't be changed though, it is purely a visual thing.

Stegadon is going to be harder. Using it as a dragon will be hard unless you model wings. maybe you can use is as a warshrine. just put a chaos altar on top of it

that is one big ole warshrine!

grhino
05-02-2009, 08:25
I actually intent to use the new Steggie for the warshrine (one big warshrine indeed), and I've got two chaos chariots modeled out of the old steggie, by adding a custom made howdah on top. You can check them out in my log if you like.

Neckutter
05-02-2009, 08:33
i dont mind if i do!

holy jesus your HE army is pretty. :)

nosferatu1001
05-02-2009, 09:48
Holy jeebus ALL of your armies are pretty!

I thought the same when i looked at the new steggie - the EotG is already shrine line, just add some more chaos elements and it will be done really....and its about right for the shrine

EldarBishop
05-02-2009, 15:03
Very nice indeed... wish I had that kind of time :D

Griefbringer
05-02-2009, 18:53
This is the first time I hear anybody suggesting the stegadon for a warshrine - but that sounds like a splendid idea! Having seen the list of parts in WD, it seems to provide plenty of modelling opportunities, and you can always pass the skink crew for some local lizardmen player for use as ordinary skinks.

Then a bit of conversion work (trophies, chaos icons, skulls, spiky bits, a few marauders and a chaos warrior for crew etc.) and a suitable paint job and Khorne is your daddy! Perhaps you could even try to make the steggie itself to look like a gigantic juggernaut or chaos spawn!

Bac5665
05-02-2009, 19:51
I'll be working on a similar project soon. I'll be working on chaos lizardmen; (the ones from the dragon isles who've lost their slaan and gone ferel.) When I do that, I'll be using Stegs without any howdah weapons as chariots and and EOTG one for a warshine.