PDA

View Full Version : 2k VC Combat list

Malorian
04-02-2009, 19:33
Well after having people whine and generally get bored with my magic heavy VC list I thought I would try a combat one.

Vampire lord w/ dark acolyte, infinite hatred, summon ghouls, axe of krell, flayed hal, blood gem
Vampire w/ infinite hatred, dread knight, book of arkhan
Vampire w/ dark acolyte, avatar of death
Bsb wight king w/ sword of kings, nightshroud, barded steed or vampire w/ dreadknight, balefire spike, hand of dust

16 crypt ghouls w/ ghast or 34 zombies
15 crypt ghouls w/ ghast
15 crypt ghouls w/ ghast
Corpse cart w/ balefire
Corpse cart w/ balefire

20 graveguard w/ FC, warbanner
7 Black knights w/ barding, banner, banner of undead legion

Total: 1996 8PD+3 bound 6DD

So this is what I have so far. The dread knight goes with the black knights and takes one flank, then the rest of the force does a refused flank and runs up mainly on the one side while a unit of ghouls guards their flank. I'm thinking about changing the flank guard to a big unit of zombies (34) but that's something I can play with.

The list still has a decent amount of magic that I should get something off but doesn't go as far as leaving them in a glazed over state.

I know some people don't like the axe of krell but to me it's just a better ogre tenderiser (same thing with the extra toughness test thing) meaing he's great in a challenge so if they try 'neutralizing' him with a unit champ I'm looking at still getting +6CR between the kill and the overkill.

Personally I think it will be much better at 3K but you have to start somewhere.

Thoughts?

blackjack
04-02-2009, 20:18
;)You think every army is better at 3k... ;)

This looks alot more fun to play against. 6DD and -2 to enemy casting should be plenty of anti magic. 8pd spaming nehek will still give you several raises a turn.

Glad to see there is no regen banner as well.

I'll run my new lizards against it and we can see how it goes.

What goes into your grave gaurd unit?

7 black knights is an odd number given that you will add a character to them for a total of 8. I would remove 1 of them.

Malorian
04-02-2009, 20:52
Since I already have my blocks in place, all I would need to do is add one more troop (most likely a bunker) and then all the rest can go into combat units (bloodknights, spirit hosts, wraiths, more black knights). Although an other lord on a zombie dragon sounds fun too ;)

The models in the grave guard unit really depend. If I see a tough fight then I may add both the bsb and the lord to it to make a mini-deathstar, but if I'm against several weaker units they would opperate on their own and I would spred out the characters.

Usually I just go with seven, but I want to make sure to protect the character and keep the unit strength up so I can auto break units on the charge. Being that I'm US32 when at full strength it's possible I could even multicharge a couple of units and autobreak them both (hehe...)

nagash66
04-02-2009, 21:15
I am not 100% as i am not at home but i belive the axe of krell can only be taken by a wight lord, might wanna check that out

Malorian
04-02-2009, 21:40
I am not 100% as i am not at home but i belive the axe of krell can only be taken by a wight lord, might wanna check that out

Hmmm that would suck...

Can anyone confirm/deny this?

(Book is at home)

nagash66
04-02-2009, 21:49
I will as soon as i also return home

dooombot
04-02-2009, 22:08
yes its Wight King only, sry

Malorian
04-02-2009, 23:51
*sniff*... well back to the drawing board...

EvC
05-02-2009, 00:16
Sword of Might is best VC magic weapon ;)

Stick with 7 Black Knights. It's a good number- small-base armies tend to have artillery to kill a couple, big-base armies means you get more attacks on the charge.

I would drop one Corpse Cart, add Black Periapt to the avatar vamp and a few bats too...

Gharof von Carstein
05-02-2009, 05:57
does it matter? the axe of krell is nice but blooddrinker is 10 points cheaper and potentially way more dangerous. especially since your lord is using infinite hatred. remember do, blooddrinker and summon ghouls is not a combo, so that doesnt work :S