PDA

View Full Version : How big is a Valkyrie?

Necros
04-02-2009, 22:18
Does anyone happen to have a forge world Valkyrie? I'm thinking of adding a "helipad" looking thing on the back of the leviathan I'm building so could someone give me the measurements? Like wing tip to tip and nose to tail? I'm assuming the rumored plastic GW one will be at least close to the same size so I'd like to plan for that now :)

zealot!
04-02-2009, 23:30
<------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>

about that wide

tomgore
05-02-2009, 00:26
it would be easier to go with a generic size and not customed to a valkerie. allows others to land in its absense. and you'd only need the landing pad to be able to fit its landing gears with some emporer damned yellow stripes around it for safety. which i think would fit on a 12"x12". hope this helps,
happy gaming

starlight
05-02-2009, 00:31
Is your search-fu *that* bad? :eek:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/QUATERMASTERS_STORE_IMPERIAL_NAVY_45.html

Bunnahabhain
05-02-2009, 00:32
You'll need about an 8"x 8 space for a landing pad.

IIRC, its about 13-14" long, and 15-16" wide. FW had the dimensions on their website (probably still do), and I used that and the plans in the book ( IA 1) to scratch build one a year ago....

Sidstyler
05-02-2009, 00:36
Is your search-fu *that* bad? :eek:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/QUATERMASTERS_STORE_IMPERIAL_NAVY_45.html

...that's all well and good, but do any of those pics show off the model's scale?

I'm pretty sure the OP knows where to go for pretty valkyrie pictures, but that's not what he's after.

starlight
05-02-2009, 00:44
He specifically asked for the dimensions which are explicitly listed in the first couple of lines of the model's description. :p

Necros
05-02-2009, 00:55
OK, yeah I missed that... but who goes to the FW site to read? it's just for pretty pictures of stuff I'll never be rich enough to own :)

9.5x12" .... thats a little to big for my leviathan. I guess it's not gonna be very leviathanny :( it's 8x15. Oh well, plan B was to add Hydra platform on the back instead, so that's prolly what I'll end up going with :)

Though I guess I could get one of those Arvus lighter ships, if I'm gonna spend the extra cash I think the hydra turret would look a lot cooler

Sidstyler
05-02-2009, 01:11
He specifically asked for the dimensions which are explicitly listed in the first couple of lines of the model's description. :p

...wait, what?

Okay, so the valkyrie must be the ONLY FW MODEL with dimensions listed, since I haven't seen them for any other model on the website. I don't often browse Imperial crap, so I had no idea...

starlight
05-02-2009, 01:13
Most larger FW models (Titans, monsters that I can recall off hand) have at least the height and most flyers (again, that I recall) have the length and width. :p

The regular *GW scale* (Krieg, Elysians, etc) don't because they're the same size as regular models. :)

grissom2006
05-02-2009, 01:16
look at the forgeworld landing pad thats about 12 inches remember that part of the landing gear it the tips of the wings