PDA

View Full Version : The Triumvirate

vinny t
04-02-2009, 23:50
This is first draft of a 2250 point list for WoC

Sorceror- Mark of Tzeentch Book of Secrets, Dispel Scroll, Conjoined Haemonculus

Sorceror-Mark of Slaanesh, Power familiar, and Dispel Scroll

Sorceror- Mark of Nurgle, Infernal Puppet

14 Warriors, Full command

14 Warriors, Full command Mark of Nurgle

14 Warriors, Full command Mark of Slaanesh, Rapturous Standard

20 Marauders, Great Weapons, Mark of Slaanesh

5 Warhounds

5 Warhounds

5 Marauder Horsemen of Khorne With Flails

Chariot, Mark of Khorne

Chaos Spawn

Chaos Giant with Mark of Slaanesh

2247pts
10PD
5DD 2 Scrolls
87 Models

This list is centered around the 3 blocks of Chaos Warriors who castle up while all the Khorne Stuff goes and wreaks havok. The Marauders hold a table corner and flank charge if possible, the dogs redirect and the giant does his own thing. The spawn holds up infantry blocks.

Any comments welcome! :)

The Red Scourge
05-02-2009, 15:19
Bang!

You're dead.

vinny t
05-02-2009, 20:25
What was that?

SevenSins
05-02-2009, 20:51
Bang!

You're dead.

As any comment was welcome, I guess ;)

I like your idea for three seperately marked sorcerers (the whole triumvirate thing), with that in mind I think onbe unit should have the mark of tzeentch.

As for the list itself, I'd suggest reducing warrior squads to 12 and not go for full command (possibly no command...) saved points can then be used towards more dogs or another block of marauders (not sure on points here..)

I feel like your lacking some fast punch, and a single chariot is not half as good as two :)

so another chariot or knights?

as far as tactics go I'd say marauder centre with 2x6 warriors running flanks, dogs screen....

not the best advice, hopefully some proper chaos geneals will chime in...

vinny t
06-02-2009, 20:52
The reason for the group of 15 is that I wanted a miniature "Wall of Steel" that would force opponents into a choice that was lose-lose. I like the idea of another chariot, but I am assuming...

Ditch the giant for the chariot,

so i have another 115 points. What would you suggest I do with those points?

thisisntnotjt
09-02-2009, 15:08
Man, this army stinks on ice...

Just kidding Karl (or is it Carl?).

Anyways, I rather like the giant. It's a good distraction for your opponent in this army, and against a lot of units you could easily hold up an entire flank with him.

Perhaps you could drop the unit size, expand your frontage, and rely on magic to think your enemy's ranks to make the static combat a bit more balanced. Odds are not good you'd get into combat with your two rank bonuses anyways.

I'd say keep the command in order to keep challenges off your sorcerers, and go ahead and give the first warriors MoTzeentch to balance out your theme (which is really cool, btw). Go ahead and throw in another chariot. You could team up each unit of horsemen with one to lay down some serious smack.

vinny t
09-02-2009, 15:44
So, keep the Giant, knock down the warrior units to 11 plus a sorceror, add MOT to a unit, and a khorne chariot still leaves me 23 points over 2250, so, another idea I had was to ditch the giant I still have to buy, and instead add 5 knights of khorne with MoK and nothing. that leaves me with being 3 over, so I will rely on the kindness of strangers to not kill me over that three points.

P.S It is Carl

thisisntnotjt
09-02-2009, 16:00
Uh-oh, you best not pull that on me at the March Hare. I've got my eye on you.

vinny t
09-02-2009, 19:46
Okay, Draft number 2

Sorceror- Mark of Tzeentch Book of Secrets, Dispel Scroll

Sorceror-Mark of Slaanesh, Power familiar, and Dispel Scroll

Sorceror- Mark of Nurgle, Infernal Puppet

11 Warriors, Full command Mark of tzeentch

11 Warriors, Full command Mark of Nurgle

11 Warriors, Full command Mark of Slaanesh, Rapturous Standard

20 Marauders, Great Weapons, Mark of Slaanesh

5 Warhounds

5 Warhounds

Chariot, Mark of Khorne

Chariot, Mark of Khorne

Chaos Spawn

Chaos Giant with Mark of Slaanesh

Comes to 2238 points

10 PD

5 DD 2 scrolls

80 models

Just slimmed down the warrior units and added a chariot, as per your advice, what do you think now?

thisisntnotjt
09-02-2009, 21:15
I like it. My High Elves will be ready.:evilgrin:

vinny t
15-02-2009, 22:15
Or wait, ditch the giant of slaanesh for an exalted BSB with Banner of the gods and another spawn! Knocked this idea around for a while, and found it as a definite maybe. What do you all think?