PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pts new Lizardmen list

Grimlok
05-02-2009, 03:44
Hi all,

Wanted to get some feedback on the list below, the points cost is using the new book. Would also like to know what comp score people feel it deserves.

Thanks in advance!

--------------------------------Lords/Heroes--------------------------------

Saurus Old Blood - [430]
- Carnosaur
- Light Armour
- Enchanted Shield
- Glyph Necklace
- Burning Blade of Chotec

Scar Veteran - [158]
- BSB
- Light Armour
- shield
- Sword of the Hornet
- Talisman of Protection

Skink Priest - [440]
- EOTG
- Diadem of Power
- Dispell Scroll

--------------------------------Core--------------------------------

17 x Saurus Warriors - [234]
- Full Command
- Spears

18 x Saurus Warriors - [246]
- Full Command
- Spears

11 x Skinks - [110]
- 1 x Kroxigor

10 x Skink Skirmishers - [70]

--------------------------------Special--------------------------------

6 x Chameleon Skinks - [72]

3 x Terradons - [90]

--------------------------------Rare--------------------------------

2 x salamanders - [150]

2000 pts total

Time of Madness
05-02-2009, 04:06
Nice balanced list, with lots of variety. My only concern is how you armed your characters. Generally your oldblood will be hitting on the charge and won't have a need for the sword of hornets. The sword is much better on the bsb. A lot of people don't expect the bsb to ASF. It makes his unit of saurus a lot harder to hurt. The enchanted shield on the oldblood is probally a better deal as well.
Time of Madness

Grimlok
05-02-2009, 04:45
thanks for the feedback, I like your idea about the BSB. I updated the list a little...

Gork or Possibly Mork
05-02-2009, 07:03
I love this list. I don't have the book yet but this is very similar to what I would wan't in an oldblood list. Is the Diadem of Power the transfer PD to DD item? If so that seems like just about right for magic defense. I think what I really like the most about it is it'll be hard to prioritize threats.

Opponent thinks if I don't target his saurus it'll hurt, If I don't take out those sallies my big blocks are toast, If I don't kill those terre's my machines will hurt, That skink krox will hurt in my flank, If I don't get rid of that EotG and carny plenty of hurt. Too many threats but nothing really sticks out like a sore thumb except the EotG which is not easy to kill and would make them put just about all thier fire power into taking it out which leaves the rest of the force un-molested.

As for comp score if the high is 10 Id give it a 12. You've got skinks with a krox,skink skirmishers, 2 large blocks of saurus, salamanders, terradons, chameleons. Your characters are varied.

Grimlok
05-02-2009, 07:12
thanks for the feedback Gork!

Yep, Diadem allows you to store up to 2 unused PD to DD in the next enemy magic phase.

Emissary
05-02-2009, 14:14
Everything looks pretty good to me. My one concern in a tourney setting would be the burning blade. It's great against regenerating stuff, but against high elf heroes that character will be useless. The +1 strength sword may also serve you well.

Lotl Botl
06-02-2009, 01:47
ToM you seem to have changed your mind pretty quick on what the right ammount of troops is for a 2000 pt list is