PDA

View Full Version : 1500 O&G Tourney List.

Sifer
05-02-2009, 14:24
I would like some advise on the tourney list I'm working on. The tourney is in March so I have some time... but I need to get my figures painted before then.

BO Big Boss, 140
Boar, Hvy Armor, Akrit Axe, Enchanted Shield

BO Big Boss, 180
Boar, Huge array of weapons, Heavy Armor, Battle Standard, Mork's Sprite Totem

24 Orc Boyz, 174
Choppa & Light armor, Shield, FC

23 Orc Boyz, 191
2 Choppa & Light armor, FC

20 Night Goblins, 89
Fanatic, Hand weapon & Shield, Musician

20 Night Goblins, 89
Fanatic, Hand weapon & Bow, Musician

5 Goblin Wolf Rider, 76
Hand weapon & Light armor, Bows, Spears, Musician

5 Goblin Wolf Rider, 76
Hand weapon & Light armor, Bows, Spears, Musician

5 Forest Goblins, 76
Hand weapon, Spear & Shield, Bows, Musician

5 Forest Goblins, 76
Hand weapon, Spear & Shield, Bows, Musician

7 Squig Hoppers, 105

1 Chariot, 80

2 Spear Chukka, 70

1 Doom Diver, 80

# of Models: 116 (not including war machines and chariots)
Total points: 1502
2-5 DD

General plan

The boyz will be the central force trudging towards the enemy while the Night Gobbos will provide flank protection (somewhat).

The Wolf riders and Spider riders will carry out flank attacks, kill war machines and being a general nuisance. They will also be used to distract frenzied units.

The Chariot and Squig hoppers will be used together on a flank attack maneuver aided by at least one unit of wolfs and spiders.

The two Bosses will among the foot slogging force and will be moving from unit to unit depending on where they are needed.

So what do you think?

Sifer
10-02-2009, 10:20
So any advise/comments?

Gharof von Carstein
10-02-2009, 11:16
ya. very very nice list!

Domoto
10-02-2009, 13:36
Its a nice solid list, big blocks which should hold up well, lots of fast cav, mixed with some range Id say you have a pretty good all around force, Ive found squig hoppers too be a pretty nasty unit if used correctly, but overall I think it will hold up well, nice job :)

Sifer
11-02-2009, 06:54
Thanks for the advise. :)

I'll play over the weekend and let you know how it goes.

maze ironheart
11-02-2009, 10:29
I would advice on dropping the enchanted shield the hand weapon combo works only on foot not when mounted.But other then that it's a good list but why no shamans you do have a good despell pool but why no shamans.

warlord hack'a
11-02-2009, 11:55
I would drop the hoppers for another chariot, otherwise the enemy missile troops will have no problem in choosing what to target: the hoppers.. But that is about it, for the rest I love the list: at 1500 points your horde will have an advantage: you can have many units where the enemy will struggle to field more than 6 or 7 deployment choices..