PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Unstopable Lizardmen

Buddha777
05-02-2009, 19:50
I just can't get over how much I love the new book and the various phases of the game you can control. So I went greedy and went to dominate them all! Magic phase should unquestionably be in my control. Plaque of dominion (makes all casters in LOS subject to stupidity), becalming cognition on the slaan, and cupped hands should leave me in solid control of the magic phase. (Goal is partially to shut down a friends Tzeentch gunline). Combat is again strong. Suarus and temple guard are damn fighty in this new book and with suarus calvary and the stegadon o'doom, I should be able to give army a run for its fighty money. Speed and shooting are also fairly good given the vast unit selection I have.

Anyway I want to start competing against DoC and VC players soon so let me know what I can improve on.

Lord: 425
Slaan (425): BSB, Focus of Rumination, Becalming Cognition, Plaque of Tepok, Bane Head, Cupped Hands of the Old Ones

Heroes: 532
Skink Chief (340): Stegadon, Stegadon War-Spear

Scar-Veteran (96): Light Armor, Great Weapon

Scar-Veteran (96): Light Armor, Great Weapon

Core: 654
17 Saurus Warriors (222): Spears, Musician, Standard Bearer

17 Saurus Warriors (222): Spears, Musician, Standard Bearer

10 Skirmishing Skinks (70)

Special: 637
16 Temple Guards (327): Full Command, Plaque of Dominion

6 Cold-One Calvary (220): Musician

3 Terradons (90)

Total: 2248

Buckero0
05-02-2009, 20:09
magic defense looks good. Unfortunately, LM don't have any shooting anymore except for skink blowpipes, and I would hardly consider saurus or temple guard as anybody's combat "daddy".

You ought to do all right if your magic phase pulls through. I would be much more comfortable with the list, if you shaved back some points from the slaan (sounds like vs tzeentch you're not going to get many spells off anyway) and get a couple of hard hitters for combat.

blackjack
05-02-2009, 20:23
Lord: 425
Slaan (425): BSB, Focus of Rumination, Becalming Cognition, Plaque of Tepok, Bane Head, Cupped Hands of the Old Ones

I would buy a plaque of domination insetad of the cupped hands It is almost the same cost and affects all wizards with 18' LOS to the Slaan unit every turn.

I would also cut some points to get a few scar vets in there and get your temple guard up to 16 so you can have full rank bonus with your slann.

Buddha777
05-02-2009, 23:46
All great suggestions, thanks. Tried to make as many of the changes as possible

@ blackjack: Already had the plaque of dominion as the TG's banner.

GodlessM
05-02-2009, 23:47
Great list, but unstoppable?

Famder
06-02-2009, 00:48
I think it was meant as more of a goal than an assertion.

Honestly, if your goal is specifically to take on VC and DoC while still being all comers, the Skink chief has to go. I like him, but what is it going to do against undead or daemons? It will just get stuck in a tar pit and the Daemons and Vamps don't mind committing to tarpits when necessary. It will work better against daemons than vamps, but still the Steg needs to break things when it charges, not sit around and get surrounded. That's all for now.

Buddha777
06-02-2009, 02:56
I think it was meant as more of a goal than an assertion.

Honestly, if your goal is specifically to take on VC and DoC while still being all comers, the Skink chief has to go. I like him, but what is it going to do against undead or daemons? It will just get stuck in a tar pit and the Daemons and Vamps don't mind committing to tarpits when necessary. It will work better against daemons than vamps, but still the Steg needs to break things when it charges, not sit around and get surrounded. That's all for now.

Point well taken against VC but besides looks (which the new model is worth taking for alone), it isn't half bad against demons. No, against plaguebearer bricks it will just bounce off (but what won't?). However against all other core choices, like the ever so common bloodletters and horrors, the 2D6 impact hits alone will wreck the unit. I use the steggie in conjunction with the CoC for a deadly combo so it should be worth it, I hope so anyway.

Lazarus15
06-02-2009, 03:46
I play a themed tzeentch army, and I tell you the thing that scares me are alot of hits, that forces me to roll the ward saves. The Engine can charge in with the rest of the army, after casting portent of warding (protecting the integrity of the army line) then triggering Burning Alignment and forcing saves.

Dragon Prince of Caledor
06-02-2009, 12:54
I think its a very solid list. It will do well against almost everything. I would love to play against it :)

Andrew Luke
06-02-2009, 16:35
Swap the skink chief for an engine of the gods and you are on your way to a serious magic phase. Put in both bound spells and you are on your way to pure nastiness. (I know, my VC was schooled pretty hard by the new lizard book last night)

macdaddy_o
06-02-2009, 16:50
You cannot have both the plaque of tepok and the cupped hands on the slann. They are both arcane items and you are limited to one of them.