PDA

View Full Version : Belial, Master of the Deathwing

RohanCaptain
05-02-2009, 22:28
What's going on guys,

quick question (and it might be stupid)

I'm a newbie at 40k, trying to put an army together. I chose Dark Angels, and I'm thinking of doing a somewhat heavy Deathwing army, with some bike support.

The question is,

is there a model for Belial?? or do I just buy a Terminator with Belial's gear and call him Belial???

Thanks for the help. I checked the GW website, and I found an Azrael and the dude on the bike for the Ravenwings, but nothing on Belial.

Hankyaku
05-02-2009, 22:31
Yes, there's a "Terminator Captain" model, which is perfect for Belial. It's a beautiful mini anyway. It's a bit smaller than termied nowadays, but the pose makes up for the difference.
If you wish to use alternate wargear, (LC, or TH+SS) it's a better idea to convert it from ordinary assault termies.

Deus Mechanicus
05-02-2009, 22:39
I made my lightning clawed Belial by using the Terminator Captain, carefully sawing off both his arm and replacing them with the chaos terminator lords lighting claws, then i drilled out the head and replaced it with a hooded one from the dark angels veteran box.

Looks kinda nice :)

LemanRuss
05-02-2009, 22:42
try commander culn from forgeworld, with some da additions he could look the part:D

IAMNOTHERE
05-02-2009, 22:42
You might try taking the body of a Grey Knight termy and working from there.

Toe Cutter
05-02-2009, 22:56
Or Lysander. I'm reliably informed he comes with seperate arms so you could file of the imperial fists iconography and take it from there. Thats probably what I'll do. Might well get two so I can do one with sword and storm bolter and one with claws.

Ben
05-02-2009, 23:04
A mix of parts from the Chaos Terminator lord, standard terminators and the DA sprue are something a lot of people use.

The Terminator captain model is not the same size as the new plastic terminators. I would go with putting one together from plastic bits from various sources. I converted a Commander Culln for mine though. It is a nice model, and far superior to the metal captain (for the same price I think at the moment).

The other terminator armour characters (librarian and chaplain) are awesome though.

Vesica
06-02-2009, 01:12
try commander culn from forgeworld, with some da additions he could look the part:D

Thats what i was going to use, just GS some areas and hey presto :D

Hellfury
06-02-2009, 03:07
An interesting thread on the B&C about everyone showcasing their versions of Belial:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=149901

It should provide a bit of inspiration.

RohanCaptain
06-02-2009, 04:47
Awesome :)

Thanks guys.

I'm considering a conversion, or using one of the new space marines.

Thanks again, that link with the pics gave me some ideas :)