PDA

View Full Version : New Dark Elf list - friendly? Competitive???

GodlessM
05-02-2009, 22:57
Deviating from my normal Dragon or heavy magic Dark Elf lists, I've decided to try something different, throw away my crutches and start anew. So the resolve was to make a list without either the Dragon and heavy magic, but still be competitive. I've come up with the following:

Dreadlord
Crimson Death, Armour of Darkness, Pendant of Khaeleth

Sorceress
2x Dispel Scrolls

Assassin
Manbane, Extra Hand Weapon, Rending Stars

Assassin
Manbane, Extra Hand Weapon, Rending Stars

17x Black Guard
Tower Master with Ring of Hotek
Standard Bearer with Banner of Hag Graef

5x Shades
Great Weapons

5x Shades
Great Weapons

20x Dark Elf Warriors
Full Command

10x Dark Elf Warriors

5x Dark Riders
Musician, Repeater Crossbows

5x Dark Riders
Musician, Repeater Crossbows

5x Harpies
5x Harpies

Hydra

Reaper Bolt Thrower

I tried out the list once against Skaven and scored a massacre victory, so a good start by all means. The Assassins were mint at keeping the Warp Lightning Cannons from decimating my lines, and the Dark Riders kept the Plague Monks away from the main lines, as well as taking the Ratling Gun fire away from the Black Guard. Walking across the board was hard though, as the Storm Banner prevented my Harpies from making an impact on the missile troops and magic casters. Thankfully the Ring of Hotek caused my opponent to miscast three times (what a broken item :P).

So what do you guys think? Is it friendly? Is it competitive enough?

garythewargamer
06-02-2009, 13:44
I cannot believe that you have gotten no replies. Understand that I do not play the Dark elves but have played against them several times. Your list looks like it is weak on shooting but the assassins and shades probably make up for it. Your record probably speaks for itself though. Good luck and we are not called the high elves for nothing.

Andrew Luke
06-02-2009, 16:28
This isn't friendly at all. I mean its not as disgusting as it could be, but you don't handicap yourself at all. You can't take all three broken items of obviousness and expect people to think your trying to be friendly lol. This easily has the power to be a GT winning list. Honestly, it is about as generic as tournament DE can get.