PDA

View Full Version : 40k beastmen?

petesamd
06-02-2009, 02:59
hello,

I had a thought today, were would beasts fit into 40k, I'm certain than there has to be some some were. So I thought of a deamons count as army using beasts of chaos. regular beats are blood letters, shaggoth as blood thirster, chaos spawn with mino head and gor rider for juggernauts, and finely new Woc warhounds as Flesh(?) hounds. so I wanted to ask your opinions on this, and would you mind to play against this army?

lcfr
06-02-2009, 03:01
The novel Pawns of Chaos (I believe that was the title) featured beastmen mutants on an Imperial world isolated from the rest of the Imperium by warp storms. There was no such thing as a shaggoth at the time, however, and the beastmen fought alongside human followers of Chaos (who were actually the protagonists of the novel, well worth a read).

SimonL
06-02-2009, 03:39
There used to be Imperial Guard Beastmen regiments in the old Rogue Trader days. There are even models ...

Later in 2nd Ed Chaos Codex there are rules in the back for using them.

See top right corner

X-Porter
06-02-2009, 05:38
Yeah, both Guard and Chaos armies could use Beastmen back in the day. And how does a Flamer and Power Shield make sense for equipment?

A "Lost and the Damned" list would work best, if there was one currently available. There was a (kind of) recent WD article that had rules for abhumans and altered troops in the IG. One was about as close to Beastmen as the Imperium would allow.

Aside from that, a Renegade Guard list or Orks I guess would be best. Or a Kroot Warband? To me Daemons seem a bit over the top to represent them, but that's just my opinion.

BrianC
06-02-2009, 08:03
Beastmen are an option for a Renegade Guard army in IA6. Their stats aren't brilliant (think IG Conscripts but with slightly better WS) and there isn't much choice as its just one unit but I'm expecting that to change with IA7.

Enderel
06-02-2009, 08:14
Daemons would be a good idea, just need to explain to the opponent before hand what everything was and make sure your counts as are actually similar to that model your replacing.

I would say that Beastmen are a bit better than conscripts, furious charge and an extra pip of Toughness make a real difference, I'd relate them more to Ork boyz than conscripts. Though they are not quite that good.

IA6 is a good way to go. Minotaurs could be used for ogryn berzerkers, flesh hounds for warhounds, gors and ungors for beastmen packs.

the1stpip
06-02-2009, 09:22
Give them guns and make them Guard.

Its a shame they are doing away with doctrines, cos they would have been great for it.

whitewolfmxc
06-02-2009, 10:47
humm ? Wulfens ? XD

goof1972
06-02-2009, 16:44
They're listed as a Troop choice for the Khorne Renegade Guard army list in Forgeworld's Imperial Armour 6.