PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld Rumours

75hastings69
01-05-2005, 23:12
There used to be a thread on the old portent listing upcoming Forgeworld rumours, Wizzbanger used to post some great info on it. I miss that thread, and i miss Wizz. So lets start off with getting "his" thread up and running again, then let's get him back.

Current FW rumours (please add new stuff to this thread)

Work in progress...

WFB Grail Chapel
Keeper of Secrets (on same scale as recent Bloodthirster)
Another Dragon

Rumoured...

Dwarf "Blundercannon" (size of CD Hellcannon, or bigger!!!)
Chimera (monster not tank, this is WFB forums ;) )
OK Scenery
A large Windmill (maybe similar to one seen with bodies strapped to sails as seen in some artwork somewhere)

rkunisch
02-05-2005, 11:37
Ahh, yes, It was a really interesting thread. Can you please tell more about A large Windmill. I do not remeber to have read this in the old thread.

Have fun,

Rolf.

75hastings69
02-05-2005, 13:07
There is a piece of artwork which depicts a windmill, it has bodies tied to the sails (i think that's what you call the big bits that go around!?!?), I can't remember if it was in the VC ot HoC Army Book (or maybe somewhere else completely), but i'll try and have a look at finding it. Anyway i was on the phone to Forgeworld to order the next Rhinox Cavalry, and i asked what was being worked on, i was aiming to get WFB stuff, i was told that there was a grail chapel, a large windmill, a shop (not sure if i remember this correctly?), some OK themed scenery, a third dragon, and a second deamon (as we now know the next one will be the Keeper of Secrets).

The Windmill may simply turn out to be just that, a plain old windmill, and be part of the village/town range of Empire/brettonian scenery, but i seem to remember him mentioning something about bodies on the sails.

Neknoh
02-05-2005, 14:12
Oh why can't they make a Shaggoth!!!

We have to get a FW Shaggoth!! Krakanrok the Black woul be perfect for FW to do!!

75hastings69
02-05-2005, 15:20
I agree, a hulking great Shaggoth! excellent!

rkunisch
02-05-2005, 17:01
The Windmill may simply turn out to be just that, a plain old windmill, and be part of the village/town range of Empire/brettonian scenery, but i seem to remember him mentioning something about bodies on the sails.

Even then it may be the ideal start for a conversion to archive the mentioned effect - just add a box of skellies. :D

I really like the village/town range and eager look forward to see the next additions. Although I still have to paint the buildings I already bought (and the Coaching Inn really is a beauty!).

Have fun,

Rolf.

75hastings69
02-05-2005, 17:40
I have most of the village pieces myself, but like you i haven't painted them up yet. I would love to own the Coaching Inn..... drooool

rkunisch
02-05-2005, 20:06
Lucky me! My wife made a collection throughout the family and ordered one for my birthday. :D

Have fun,

Rolf.

conanabass
02-05-2005, 21:49
So are the village pieces worth the money b/c they do look great and I've been trying to figure out if I wanted to buy some. I figured they would go great with mine and my little sister's army sinc we play empire and beasts of chaos.

75hastings69
02-05-2005, 22:09
They are really nice models, especially the Blacksmiths Forge (not so much the bloomery WTF!), but are they worth the money?

Hmmm, I would have to say yes, in my position as possibly the WORST scenery maker on the planet!, it is nice to have something realistic looking on your tabletop, but IF you are a talented scenery maker (or have opposable thumbs, unlike myself when i try to do any scenery making) then it is much more cost effective to make your own, plus you can try out loads of designs, if you stick to the forgeworld houses etc. it all looks very nice but if you have two cottages they will be exactly the same (unless you do a little conversion).

I am looking forward to the new WFB scenery, and will more than likely buy it, but it is very expensive. Beyond it looking asthetically pleasing, it has no more function, so i would say try and make your own, steal the ideas if you want, and see how it goes, it will cost a fraction of the price, and if it goes wrong.................

............. just start saving your pennies (dollars etc.).

Just out of curiosity who plays Empire, you or your sister?

StarFyre
02-05-2005, 23:14
What I want from ForgeWorld....

* Dragon Ogre Shaggoth like the artwork in the codex (on the cliff ledge -- yes, in that pose and very big)

* Oldblood on a large carnosaur

* a Large sauropod dinosaur like the Chaos War Mammoth..12 to 15 wounds etc, but very cost prohibiitive for large games, with maybe a slann platform on it (and a new slann designed like one of the pics in the lizardmen codex)

* Lord Mazdamundi

(can you guess that I'm a lizardmen player? :) hehe )

* More impressive Settra (i want but am not impressed with the one in the regular GW line)

Sanjay

conanabass
02-05-2005, 23:29
Well hastings to satisfy your curiousity I am the empire player.

adreal
03-05-2005, 02:08
I rekon settra is pretty cool as is, a better archaeon however....

i wouldn't mind some TK scenery fromn forgeworld, im not talking pyramids but some staues and whatever, like giant Ushabti, oh and a better bone giant.

FW could do a machine of the gods (old ones) for lizardmen though, that would be cool

on another not can someone post up that pic of the shaggoth, cause i wanna see it :P

rkunisch
03-05-2005, 09:40
So are the village pieces worth the money b/c they do look great and I've been trying to figure out if I wanted to buy some.

I would say yes. Even if you try to make your own, they form a great center piece for the terrain collection. They are detailed and all have the right look. I certainly will continue to buy the pieces. :)

i wouldn't mind some TK scenery fromn forgeworld, im not talking pyramids but some staues and whatever, like giant Ushabti, oh and a better bone giant.

They did some TK scenery. There used to be battle relicts (some destroyed chariots), some pillars and some pyramid ruins. They looked nice, but it seams that they did not sell as they are removed from the range. :(

FW could do a machine of the gods (old ones) for lizardmen though, that would be cool

Yes, I second that thought. :p

Have fun,

Rolf.

75hastings69
04-05-2005, 11:25
Is the TK scenery not still available? I thought that it was, still i have seen it on ebay a few times.

A little more info on the Chapel that is due for release. Should be available to preorder in the next month or so, it is going to be a plain chapel, and they are planning on selling additional bits to theme it to your liking (brettonian, empire, elf etc.). I'm looking forward to this.

Also the Ogre Rhinox Cavalry Champion should be up for preorder in the next week or so.

Vogon
04-05-2005, 20:51
Personally I'd part with good money for a nice big FW War Hydra. Something along the lines of the Warmaster one but scaled up to WFB.

Now that'd fit just nicely in my Karond Kar army.

I can see it now, half a dozen FW sculpted beastmasters controling it and it towering over everythign else on the battle field.

Now That I'd buy.

Cheers

Vogon

Neknoh
04-05-2005, 20:59
I can see it now, half a dozen FW sculpted beastmasters controling it and it towering over everythign else on the battle field.

Except for the Shaggoth :p

75hastings69
04-05-2005, 23:24
Personally I'd part with good money for a nice big FW War Hydra. Something along the lines of the Warmaster one but scaled up to WFB.

Now that is a good idea!!!, i hate the DE War Hydra, to have FW make a decent one would rule!!!

Over to you Mr Cockersall

adreal
05-05-2005, 01:06
shame they'll all cost an arm and a leg, still huge monsters would be cool

Neknoh
05-05-2005, 07:17
Though I do have this feeling that if every army got huge monsters (and Chaos got Greater Daemons and Dragons as well), this eddition would be called Monster Hammer... untill the cannons came and blew those nice monsters to pieces, then it would again be renamed, into Cannonhammer

tzeentchgiant
05-05-2005, 08:08
I know that FW's big stuff is very very impressive but I also think the level of detail in their smaller stuff is far superior to that of regular GW models (excluding a rare few) so I would like to see a standard sized warhydra, just to replace the existing one rather than like the chaos dragon to suppliment it wit a huge ally.

That's just my 2 cents

TG

Plaguebeast
05-05-2005, 08:25
A Chimera for BoC is great news. We've been wanting some decent new models for a while. Also, I think a TK Sphinx would be appropriate for FW to do (something similar to the Warmaster version).

Plaguebeast

Sylass
05-05-2005, 08:48
Said it numerous times already, but the day they make a FW Nagash will be be known as the day I fell for them. :)

There's lots of nice stuff out already, but so far I was able to resists. Not sure how long I can keep this up...

*waves fist at FW*

75hastings69
05-05-2005, 08:57
Hey Sylass, would you like a resculpted Nagash, or would you just like a giant version of Morley's??????

Odin
05-05-2005, 11:44
Hey Sylass, would you like a resculpted Nagash, or would you just like a giant version of Morley's??????

That's the funniest thing I've heard all week! :D

Sylass
05-05-2005, 12:13
Hey Sylass, would you like a resculpted Nagash, or would you just like a giant version of Morley's??????Would you like to keep a clean Portent record or would you like a strike for that? :p

Seeing that I already own the old Nagash miniature, I think that's enough...I'd like a new version. ;)

boogle
05-05-2005, 12:46
omg, you own the old one and you haven't poked you eyes out?

rkunisch
06-05-2005, 11:13
Is the TK scenery not still available? I thought that it was, still i have seen it on ebay a few times.
It was already available. It was moved to Limited Run and is now removed completely. Hopefully they will eventually make a re-run of it, because I did not made it to order a set. :(

A little more info on the Chapel that is due for release. Should be available to preorder in the next month or so, it is going to be a plain chapel, and they are planning on selling additional bits to theme it to your liking (brettonian, empire, elf etc.). I'm looking forward to this.
That sounds really promising. I also look forward to this. Especially that you are not doomed to have it just for one setting. I will make mine for an Empire village and it would have been difficult to place a bretonnian chapel there...

Have fun,

Rolf.

HiveTrygon
08-05-2005, 02:06
omg, you own the old one and you haven't poked you eyes out?
I don't get why people dis that model. I love it, would like to own one. Back in the day it was one of the best around. Sure it's a little hokey looking and not like the current standards but has a nice charm about it.

I may just sculpt a Nagash myself if Forgeworld doesn't, never even occured to do it. :eek:

I'd love to see a Dwarf blimp, the zeplin armed with several cannons and thunderers, that would rock! :D I second the shaggoth, and hydra. I'm also gonna start wood elves and hope they might make a new green dragon. The current green dragon is GW's best IMO but still not near good enough compared to the rest of their models for it's size.

oatish
10-05-2005, 08:02
If Forgeworld were to make half of the things proposed here, they would be receiving my complete paychecks on a weekly basis. Some nice Empire urban terrian would be cool, to set ones games in Nuln or Altdorf. Picture the filthy streets and gutters clogged with waste as State Troops marched down them in preparation for a seige. Sweet.

oatish

rkunisch
10-05-2005, 09:50
oatish, what do you mean with urban terrain? Do you talk about copplestone street sections, houses or accessories? If they continue to offer more houses, you may easily build this scenario you talked about.

Have fun,

Rolf.

Odin
10-05-2005, 10:33
I don't get why people dis that model. I love it, would like to own one. Back in the day it was one of the best around.

Back in the day it was laughed out of town. It hasn't improved with age.

I reckon there's the possibility of Forge World covering some of the stuff from SoC and Lustria armies - e.g. Machine of the Old Ones, Daemon Chariots and Cavalry, Cauldron of 1000 Poxes. I'd love to see some Daemon Princes as well (though I admit that Chaos have already had the lion's share of FW stuff, but that's because they really lend themselves to it).

Qazza
10-05-2005, 21:13
well all I would like to see would be a nice little..... *drums* Skink Priest. Really that would be awesome as FW stuff has a lot of nice details and Ive been missing that in skink shamans.

Neknoh
10-05-2005, 21:29
on another not can someone post up that pic of the shaggoth, cause i wanna see it :P

I would love to post a pic for you, but I do not have a Scanner, nor a working Digi camera, so I am now asking all of you owners of a BoC book and a Scanner, can you please post the illustration of the Shaggoth!

Sylass
10-05-2005, 21:40
Isn't this the picture of the Shaggoth everyone is talking about?

-> link (http://uk.games-workshop.com/beastsofchaos/artwork/images/2-big.jpg)

Part of the GW artwork pages for BoC (http://uk.games-workshop.com/beastsofchaos/artwork/1/)...this way we can save us the trouble of posting scanned, copyrighted material and I don't have to bother fighting off the assassins. ;)

Neknoh
11-05-2005, 17:09
Do!

How come I did not think of that!

Dreachon
11-05-2005, 18:25
If they are gonna make that I'm so sold to them.

75hastings69
10-06-2005, 07:19
New Forgeworld "Thunderlord" is available for preorder now here http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/QUATERMASTERS_STORE_WARHAMMER_MONSTERS_1.html I have mine on preorder already.

rkunisch
10-06-2005, 11:08
A shame that I do not collect Ogres. :(

Is it just me or is the new paintjob on the Chaos Dragon somehow strange? :eyebrows:

Have fun,

Rolf.