PDA

View Full Version : Hawk Lords colors

Bathawk
06-02-2009, 07:00
There was a thread similar to this one a couple months ago. In fact googling "Hawk Lords colors" is how I found warseer
reall interested in painting my hawk lords force "official" colors. But fon't know if gettign the "how to paint space marines" book is worth it

I mean is that blasted chest eagle black or gold?

are vehicles basicly a black base coat with gold trim?

do I paint dreadnought's infantry purple or vehicle black?

can anayone tell me if the how to paint SM, is worth it?

Leftenant Gashrog
06-02-2009, 12:47
GW can't make their mind up about the chest eagle: Insignium Astartes shows it as light grey or silver, the art in How to Paint Space Marines shows it as dark silver or black whilst the minis on the same page have gold..

I'd go with purple for the dreadnoughts - if only because theres an old EPIC diorama of an Emperors Children force with black/dark grey rhinos and purple dreadnoughts.

How to Paint Space Marines is worth it if you don't know how to paint space marines, if you do then its only real value is the colour schemes - which lack any kind of explanation for their meanings (eg: it shows Hawk Lords with gold pad trims, but doesn't mention why)

Bathawk
07-02-2009, 00:15
any chance there's a pic online of this diorama you speak of?

might end up going gold on the chest eagles then, if GW dosen't know what's "official" geuss I should just go with what looks best when all else fails

Bathawk
07-02-2009, 21:02
just bumbing the thread, really curious to see if a pic of this diorama exists