PDA

View Full Version : New Lizardmen playable characters

coalescence
06-02-2009, 07:08
(EDIT: I guess I both searched and posted this in the wrong forum section, sorry for that)
In the new White Dwarf they state that there are 9 playable characters for the new Lizardmen army. Ok, so we have

Lord Kroak (dead Slann)
Mazdamundi (living Slann)
Kroq-Gar & Grym-Loq (Oldblood on Carnosaur)
Chakax, Eternity Warden (Templeguard hero?)
Tiktaq'to, Master of Skies (Terradon rider hero?)

Which still lives me with 4 open slots (presuming that Kroq&Grym count as one)

Now I'm curious, what are the other 4? Are Nakai and Tenehauin in?

Nabeshin1106
06-02-2009, 07:27
The characters are:

Lord Kroak
Mazdamundi
Kroq-Gar
Chakax
Gor-Rok
Tehenhauin
Tetto'eko
Tiktaq'to
Oxyotl

coalescence
06-02-2009, 23:43
Gor-Rok
Tetto'eko
Oxyotl

And what are those? Any specialties?

I'm curious if they get models on the later waves. :)

Jericho
07-02-2009, 00:45
IIRC Oxyotl is the Chameleon Skink special char.

Nabeshin1106
07-02-2009, 01:43
Gor-rok is an albino Saurus that has tough defences

Tetto'eko is a Skink Priest that rides a palanquin and gives some nice boosts to casting spells from Lore of Heavens.

Oxyotl is a Chameleon Skink who can pick out individual targets when shooting.

Dokushin
07-02-2009, 01:45
Oxyotl is, as stated, a chameleon skink special character that was teleported to the Chaos Wastes and basically sneaked out, he has sniping rules with a blowpipe and is a scout. Pretty cheap.

Gor-Rok is an albino Saurus that carries an enormous shield (counts as a defended obstacle) and has some ceremonial weapon that lets him re-roll to hit. Enemies also have to re-roll successful wounds. He's kind of expensive.

Tetto'eko is a powerful Skink astromancer that was given his own palanquin; he can join up with skinks much like a Slaan in Temple Guard. He's just a level 2 wizard but he knows all Heavens spells, can re-roll to see if Comet comes down, and once per game can make heavens cast with IF on any double for that turn. He also lets you redeploy d3 units after everyone's done. Very expensive.

(edit: Beat to it! Ah, well, I'll leave it :D )

coalescence
07-02-2009, 13:49
Wow, they sound very nice :)

Tehenhauin is still the same as in the Warhammer Reamls: Lustria book?

Desert Rain
07-02-2009, 20:02
Yes but he's a bit nerfed as he is only a level 2 wizard opposed to L.3 in the Lustria book.