PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Runic Item question

Rekmar
06-02-2009, 13:39
After playing HE for several years, I've just acquired a reasonable dwarf army that is just basically lacking a few characters and I'm trying to get my head round the runic items rules....

I'm theming the army around dispelling as much magic as I can in a turn since everyone at my local club plays magic heavy armies and I was wondering if someone could tell me if the two characters i've list below would be legal. If they are then fine, I've got the strange rune rules understood, if not then can you tell me where I've gone wrong...

Runesmith with 2 Runes of Spell Breaking and Rune of Warding

Runesmith with 2 Runes of Spell Breaking

Cheers
Rekmar

Borthcollective
06-02-2009, 13:55
Yep that is acceptable because the first one has the rune of warding added. Any other arcane rune that costs 25 or less would have worked, even a 3rd rune of warding.

g0ddy
06-02-2009, 16:56
Im not even sure that Runes of Spell Breaking follow the normal rules for runes and how theyre restricted.. I would have assumed they're carte blanche.. dispell scrolls.

~ zilla

Malorian
06-02-2009, 17:06
Just a note that the rune of balance is great on a runesmith. You basically create the same DD as a rune lord except you also steal a PD from your opponent for less than the cost of a runelord.

Oberon
06-02-2009, 17:07
They do follow rune rules. Rules of runes are even more forgiving than the rules for scrolls. You could have taken 3 scrolls, 2 scrolls+warding for example too. As long as no character has the exact same runes on their gear, all is well. then there's the 0-1 rule on master runes, but that one usually does not confuse people.
How about a runelord with 2 scrolls and balance/spelleater?

Malorian
06-02-2009, 17:28
How about a runelord with 2 scrolls and balance/spelleater?

And then give him the anvil for another DD (plus the anvil powers are nice too :D ).

Oberon
06-02-2009, 17:29
Nah, the anvil is just for the DD.

tirbar
07-02-2009, 01:49
yes, u can do it. is legal

Dokushin
07-02-2009, 02:49
Nah, the anvil is just for the DD.

This. Usually my opponent doesn't even use the Anvil's runes. It's totally about the dispel dice.

I think this is why the new Engine of the Gods for Lizardmen doesn't have any specific abilities besides that extra power die -- it's just a plain old stegadon. No abilities at all.

:D

Rekmar
09-02-2009, 08:37
Cheers guys. Would have responded sooner, but my home net connection has been down all weekend and only just got into work.

Thanks for the additional advice as well regarding extra DD.

Amdga
23-02-2009, 19:14
you could use rune of balance which is good coz u get to take one of the enemie's power dice and use it

Surgency
24-02-2009, 17:16
I would suggest a rune of Spelleating on the second RS. yeah, you may fail. But it's oh so nice when you strip IoN from the necromancer in the back ;)