PDA

View Full Version : khorn, nugle

izikial
06-02-2009, 15:30
hi im startign up a demon army as there about the only thing the guys i play against dont use, and i like khorn and nurgal and i would liek you opinion as to weather a khorn nurgle army will be ok or wethere i need slanesh speed and tzzench magic, also if i dotn use any tzzench should i bother usign magic at all, i plan on usign a great unclean one so can still have a compotent mage

Kaelarr
06-02-2009, 16:33
I know not of these gods that you speak of...... But khorne and nurgle are a viable list, although as most daemon players will tell you, take some flamers!

Bodysnatcher
06-02-2009, 17:14
You need a source of dispel dice. Magic res is ok, but there's nothing worse than a spell being just over the max you could get from it. A level 3 GUO fits in nicely to give most DPs for the points.

Amdga
20-02-2009, 19:35
i really like those two gods also. you can attack with khorne then defend with nurgle

MalusCalibur
20-02-2009, 21:09
hi im startign up a demon army as there about the only thing the guys i play against dont use, and i like khorn and nurgal and i would liek you opinion as to weather a khorn nurgle army will be ok or wethere i need slanesh speed and tzzench magic, also if i dotn use any tzzench should i bother usign magic at all, i plan on usign a great unclean one so can still have a compotent mage

For the benefit of future participants in this discussion, I have taken the liberty of translating this paragraph:

'Hi, I'm starting up a Daemon army, as they're about the only thing the guys I play against don't use. I like Khorne and Nurgle, and I would like your opinion as to whether a Khorne/Nurgle army will be ok, or whether I need Slaanesh speed and Tzeentch magic. Also, if I don't use any Tzeentch, should I bother using magic at all? I plan on using a Great Unclean One, so can I still have a competent mage?'

To answer the question, Khorne/Nurgle can work very well, yes. Blocks of Plaguebearers with Heralds of Nurgle in, supported by Flesh Hounds/Bloodcrushers, would be the option I'd look into.
As far as magic goes, how much you 'need' is entirely up to you. However, I would never leave home without some form of magic defence. Given your example circumstances, I would suggest taking a Lvl3 (same Dispel Dice produced as a lvl4, for cheaper) Great Unclean One, and taking a BSB with the Standard of Sundering.

MalusCalibur

Daemonvamp
28-02-2009, 14:09
Is Khorne the most powerful?

OldMaster
28-02-2009, 14:11
Is Khorne the most powerful?

...Chaos God? Yes, he is. :evilgrin:

The most powerful build for DoC? Not really.