PDA

View Full Version : Odd.

Stouty
04-12-2005, 00:25
Someone planted a nasty little idea in my head today: Use high elves as mortal chaos with the MoS.

Think about it, put swordmasters on bigger bases and you have chosen with great weapons. When they charged imagine the mess they could make, now imagine that it is but a few elves standing over them.

The high S and T + AS would represent skill with the blade and fould magics.

Helm of many eyes + Great weapon would represent perfectly the anti-christ of elven swordmastery.

Have I gone insane? Does anyone think this is a good idea?

PS- Not sure where I should have posted this. Could a mod move it if I'm wrong.

darghan
04-12-2005, 01:27
If you use the models as a base for some conversionwork, no problems there! But I do thing it'd be a good idea if you did some, if only swapping shields, etc. It needs to be non confusing for your opponents.

That said, I make 'counts as' armies fairly regularly. I'm currently working on an alive khemri army, before they where buried, based on the HE list. I just make damn sure that all the weapons etc. are right. The greataxe templeguard are obviously lionguard, the bowmen need even less explaining, etc.

MarcoPollo
04-12-2005, 02:51
Making great weapons on regular chaos wariors is a pain. Besides, I don't think that you use their initiative well. If you want great weapons, use bestigors. They already have them.

I think halberds is a better choice than great weapons anyways.

Muffin Man
04-12-2005, 05:27
So would this be a historic Cult of Pleasure army then?

If nothing else, you'd be able to get some use out of those lovely Phoenix Guard models.

I don't think it's a bad idea at all, lots of possibilities as Chaos is always a good army to convert.

shadowprince
04-12-2005, 07:50
Actually a little while ago I was planning on good chaos useing white and blue, and a lot of elven models, led by a daemon prince, can send you the conversion ideas if you some are actually pretty good.

Stouty
04-12-2005, 10:40
Yar, that would be good.

I'd just like to see a charging unit of highelves rip my opponent a new one.