PDA

View Full Version : Which is your favourite force (POLL)

Ash599
04-12-2005, 01:02
So lets discover which is the most popular army on this forum.

You can select more than one.

This poll will also show which is favourite Evil or Good.

I've selected Gondor, Dwarves and Mordor. However I do like playing with all the armies these three are my favourites.

Adept
04-12-2005, 05:58
I voted for Rohan and Isengard.

Reabe
04-12-2005, 10:04
Isengard, what else?

Brandir
05-12-2005, 07:32
I tend to use Isengard as my Evil force; Hobbits or Elves as my Good force.

However, I much prefer playing the scenarios that are in the rulebooks/supplements than playing points matches.

Paddy
05-12-2005, 23:26
Gondor and pure orc Mordor (well, except for the MoS) - Planning on building an Easterling army at some point when we get the new models

likeaknifeinthedark
06-12-2005, 22:39
to be honest to some extent what armies people have are influenced by the availability of basic troops in plastic, mordor, isengard and rohan are bound to be popular, as it is fairly easy to collect a sizeable force for them. hell if it wasn't for the fact the new starter comes with 24 goblins and a plastic cave troll i wouldn't have started a moria army

Sniper Kelly
07-12-2005, 00:17
Rohan, Gondor (especially Rangers) and Elves for me, although I do play as Orcs too.

starlight
07-12-2005, 00:32
Poll needs an *other* option.

For me - Warg riders. I just think that they are cool.:D

Mad Makz
07-12-2005, 02:52
Mordor for me. I love my Cirith Ungol force. Definitely not all Orcs, there's both Mordor Uruk Hai and a giant spider!

Ash599
22-12-2005, 01:53
Gondor, Mordor and Isengard seem to be the most popular atm then.

immortal99
22-12-2005, 08:56
Moria! Then Isengard then Dwarfes.

Brandir
22-12-2005, 09:10
Dwarfes.

Don't you mean Dwarves????

ejazzyjeff
22-12-2005, 14:27
My favorite army is Mordor. I just like armies that are cheap and can have the max of 50 figures on the board. Recently I have been playing Moria (45 figures with 1 cave troll) and although I haven't won alot with them, but I put a major hurt on my opponent.

Ares
23-12-2005, 02:54
Isengard.

I love to say elves but they are limited in the model department & theres only so many ways you can convert them :(

bungeetoad
05-01-2006, 23:54
Gondor is a really good army and also the elves is a fairly good army.

foehammer
20-01-2006, 09:48
isengard is my favourite army

bungeetoad
23-01-2006, 23:30
I wanna try a mordor army. like a box of orcs and perhaps a ringwraith and like an Orc captain and banner. Thats not to expensive of an army(money wise). and definatley not expensive points wise(except the ringwraith).I have heard alot of good things about mordor and according to the poll there most popular. which means there probably good if most people use them. it may sound hippocritical cause of my other post where i said i dislike the look but the forces itself is pretty cool.

foehammer
24-01-2006, 02:07
my favourite force is isengard

Pertinax
24-01-2006, 09:15
my favourite force is isengard
OK. That's it. I'm usually a patient kind of guy, but would foehammer stop posting pointlessly? If you had scrolled up a little in this thread, you would have seen this post. Not 2 posts above your last one!

isengard is my favourite army

You will also be able to see if you have posted in the thread before you open it from the threads in forum page. The little envelope icon to the far left will have a black dot on it, should you have posted in the thread before.

And whilst we are at it, would you mind trying to post some more coherent posts? I am aware that everybody is not 18+ with English as their first language, but to be quite honest with you, upon finding one of your posts, I usually have to read it two or three times to find out what you want to say.

Please? It's no that much to ask.

rkunisch
24-01-2006, 11:08
I voted Gondor, Hobbits and Moria. Gondor is my main good army. It is the most flexible and best looking (personal opinion of course) good army. Hobbits have the most interesting minis and add a little flavour to the range. Last but not least, Moria is one of my old time favorites - just about the right mixture of mass (goblins) and strength (trolls). I am about to try an Isengard force in the not too distant future. It looks interesting, but I never got around trying one.

Have fun,

Rolf.

Anthonius
24-01-2006, 14:27
Well, I have to say that for point matches, Rohan really does it for met, just for giving me the feeling I'm participating in the charge at Minas Tirith (I loved that part in both the book and the movie).

bungeetoad
24-01-2006, 23:13
OK. That's it. I'm usually a patient kind of guy, but would foehammer stop posting pointlessly? If you had scrolled up a little in this thread, you would have seen this post. Not 2 posts above your last one!

You will also be able to see if you have posted in the thread before you open it from the threads in forum page. The little envelope icon to the far left will have a black dot on it, should you have posted in the thread before.

And whilst we are at it, would you mind trying to post some more coherent posts? I am aware that everybody is not 18+ with English as their first language, but to be quite honest with you, upon finding one of your posts, I usually have to read it two or three times to find out what you want to say.

Please? It's no that much to ask.
he obviousley didnt notice, cause he woudlnt post the same thing over and over if he knew. its not a big deal. im not tyrin to start problems but he obviousley didnt mean to.

Shadowheart
25-01-2006, 00:39
That's the whole point. He didn't bother to notice something that was exceptionally hard to miss. Coupled with the fact that they were both badly written posts with little content, they become annoying spam.

And if I may say so, bungeetoad, it is unwise of you to get involved in a discussion on that particular subject. Your posts also fall short of what other Warseer members expect. As Pertinax said, it is understood not everyone will type perfect English, but you could stand to spend some more attention on your posts. And you need not post every question or comment that pops into your head.

bungeetoad
25-01-2006, 00:55
I don't post everything that comes into my head, i post things that i think people might find interesting. and as for my posts being short in length, what does it matter as long as it makes a point.BUT LIKE I SAID THIS IS NOT A BIG DEAL AND THERE SHOULD BE NO ARGUEMENT.

Shadowheart
25-01-2006, 02:30
Agreed, it's not a big deal and there should be no arguement. You should not be spamming up the place. However, you are, and if you persist sooner or later something will be done about it. That's something we usually try to avoid by giving newcomers a pointer or two if they seem to need it. Only works if they're willing to listen, of course.

Pertinax
25-01-2006, 07:40
Thank you for explaining whilst I was away, Shadowheart.

C'tan
27-01-2006, 22:40
I don't post everything that comes into my head, i post things that i think people might find interesting. and as for my posts being short in length, what does it matter as long as it makes a point.BUT LIKE I SAID THIS IS NOT A BIG DEAL AND THERE SHOULD BE NO ARGUEMENT.
Oops. You accedently seem to have hit your Caps Lock button. It's the one about 1/2 an inch away from A. Please turn it off.

My favourite force is Isenguard! basic Strength 4 and Defence 5! Even Strength 4 crossbowmen!

Makaber
28-01-2006, 17:01
There is no good army that immediately appeals to me. I hate elves (They're too perfect, and thus lack character), Gondor is too "pretty" with their shiny armour and peaked helmets, and since I'm norweigan and thus bottle-fed norse culture from an early age, the visual style of dwarves and Rohan just isn't exotic and exiting the same way I imagine it is for people with a different cultural heritage. Since I basically have to chose one, like it or not, Rohan has some interesting characters, and the charge scene from Return of the King is awesome, so I guess it's Rohan for me. I also like Boromir a lot, so I might make an Osgiliath army centered around him, if the opportunity to make some ragged Gondor veterans arises (Either through convertion or released miniatures).

As for evil, I love most of them. There's something about the faceless killing machine imagery of the rock hard disciplined Isendard Uruk-hai that's too awesome to pass up on, though, so that's a natural first choice. I'll probably make a Mouth of Sauron centred mordor army later on, as well.

Finally, I pray myself to sleep about a line of Corsairs of Umbar miniatures.

The Judge
28-01-2006, 19:06
ROHAN.... damn, caps lock button.

Loving those riders - best speeches in the last two films are all from Theoden - and Bernard Hill is obviously the best actor there (wizards aside). Plus, Eomer kills two Mumakil with ONE spear!

Rules in the game ain't bad either...

Adept
29-01-2006, 00:09
Plus, Eomer kills two Mumakil with ONE spear!

Heh, yeah. Take that Legolas!

The Judge
29-01-2006, 18:57
Oh, and Hama gets the (IMO) most horrific death in the films - face bitten off by a Warg.

Those Rohan are too hard to get killed by arrows...bah! Take that Boromir and (almost...) Faramir!

Forgotmytea
31-01-2006, 15:46
I love Moria, Isengard and (if I ever get round to getting an army :p) Harad. Moria because Goblins appeal to me a lot, and Isengard since Saruman is my favourite character in the movies :D. he's so cool! :) Plus the model ranges for both of these armies are (IMO) exceptionally good :cool:

-Forgotmytea

Bronka
06-02-2006, 22:26
I'm a fan of Mordor. The range of options available is huge, in terms of both minis and tactics.

Heinrich Jäger
07-02-2006, 07:29
Gondor all the way!! So much selection, great heros, TREBUCHETS (I love those things, I have even built one)

Mars
07-02-2006, 18:22
Rohan, been in love with them since I started the game: nothing better than a hard-hitting cavalry force, I love mobility. Gondor might match up if their cavalry was plastic. Evil might match up if Warg Riders had better models :rolleyes:.