PDA

View Full Version : Immolalator instructions with my Rhino

Bathawk
07-02-2009, 00:17
hey hope this isn't a dumb question, but got my first "vehicle" kit today...a rhino

But th instructions are for a sister's of Battle Immolator/Battle Rhino

are the instructions basicly the same? of did someone goof somewhere?

The_Outsider
07-02-2009, 00:20
hey hope this isn't a dumb question, but got my first "vehicle" kit today...a rhino

But th instructions are for a sister's of Battle Immolator/Battle Rhino

are the instructions basicly the same? of did someone goof somewhere?

It could be that the instruction manual is a generic one that covers most of the rhino chassis variants (much like DE have for the raider/ravager/vect), or does it ONLY cover the immolater?

If it is the latter, then a mistake has been made somewhere.

Bookwrak
07-02-2009, 00:21
THey're practically the same, identical at the very start of things. Rhinos are pretty straightforward anyway.

Bathawk
07-02-2009, 00:36
It could be that the instruction manual is a generic one that covers most of the rhino chassis variants (much like DE have for the raider/ravager/vect), or does it ONLY cover the immolater?

If it is the latter, then a mistake has been made somewhere.

just immolator and sisters of battle rhino

The Inquisitor
07-02-2009, 01:55
oh no! Did you take it back?

j/k -- they're basically the same model, but the innovator has some additional stuff. If it's really a problem, just take it back to the shop, see if someone has the instructions or contact games workshop.

Bathawk
07-02-2009, 02:34
geuss thats what I want to know, how "idiot proof" is it to assemble if I don't have the correct instructions, after all 28 bucks is a lot to spend to fill a 50pt. hole in my army

marv335
07-02-2009, 02:37
it's easy.
just follow the immolator instructions, and instead of the turret, fit the normal rhino top hatch pieces.
the kit itself is very straightforward.

Xardian
07-02-2009, 04:34
just immolator and sisters of battle rhino

The "Sisters of Battle Rhino" is just a rhino with lots of fancy gubbins. Just don't put on all the fancy little decorative bits and it's a generic rhino. Or, as said just build like immolator minus the big fancy turret.

If in doubt, dry-fit first with some blue-tac :)

tacoo
07-02-2009, 06:01
ya just make sure to cross out anything you dont need to know on the instruction sheet and you should be good. its the same way with the soul grinder/defilier, but my friend didn't do what i advised and kept looking at defilier and in the end the soul grinder has a DCCW for a leg and he screwed up on the arm and some various other stuff

Bathawk
09-02-2009, 09:32
well shoot

started putting the thing together, and it looks like it comes with only one storm bolter? Not sure where the other would have gone, but now I have a 10 point "hole" in my 1500pt. army

how/where do you get a hunter killer missile? obviously it didn't come with the set, and don't see any bitz packs for it

Fixer
09-02-2009, 10:33
The standard imperial sprue only comes with one storm bolter anyway.

You might be able to get an extra one from a friend that has a land raider or predator since the have the same Imperial upgrade sprue and hardly anyone uses the pintle storm bolter upgrade on those.

onnotangu
09-02-2009, 12:37
well shoot

started putting the thing together, and it looks like it comes with only one storm bolter? Not sure where the other would have gone, but now I have a 10 point "hole" in my 1500pt. army

how/where do you get a hunter killer missile? obviously it didn't come with the set, and don't see any bitz packs for it

did you need one? I have both the very old second edition version and the new fat boy on a rail.

Blue Orphen
09-02-2009, 15:09
When in doubt...

GW's Online Directions (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?community=&catId=cat180005&categoryId=400028&aId=9500027)

Yay for online content!

Bathawk
10-02-2009, 03:29
did you need one? I have both the very old second edition version and the new fat boy on a rail.

yeah I need to fill that 10pt. "hole" now, my only option right now is to remove the weapon from my terminator librarian and use that 15 points for "extra armor" or go buy a lascannon tactical marine

Bathawk
10-02-2009, 03:33
When in doubt...

GW's Online Directions (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?community=&catId=cat180005&categoryId=400028&aId=9500027)

Yay for online content!

wow, thanks I really appreciate it

hmm so I need to paint each "stage" separately?

and seems liek the tread won't reach all the way, maybe just us the tiniest bit of glue that I can break off if I get it wrong?

onnotangu
10-02-2009, 18:02
wow, thanks I really appreciate it

hmm so I need to paint each "stage" separately?

and seems liek the tread won't reach all the way, maybe just us the tiniest bit of glue that I can break off if I get it wrong?

actually they are supposed to be a little short. you need to line that front tread up exactly with the small protrusion on the front. Dry fitting the parts helps you to see what may be a problem later. be glad you don't have to assemble 9 land speeders. that was a real pain.

Angelwing
10-02-2009, 18:31
The instructions you have is a duel set explaining how to build both vehicles. If you have any trouble, get yourself down to your nearest GW store. The staff will be happy to help you out.

Bathawk
11-02-2009, 03:24
ah, went to an online "bits" store and didn't realize those three little pieces are the missile launcher

help if these things were labeled somehow...now eed to know how those three bits fit togeher

heck there are a lot of bits on that small parts tree I have no idea what they are

Bathawk
12-02-2009, 01:31
sewriously, anyone know how those three bits form a missile launcher?