PDA

View Full Version : librarians and color

ruttman15
07-02-2009, 03:26
OK well my SM army is bleached bone with secondary color red, and sometimes gold trimming n' such. (for example, my chapter master will have all red armor to make him stand out, with lots of gold because, well, hes the boss:D) but, i have hit a snag with my librarian. i love the model that looks like hes casting a spell, ok sorry "psychic power." would it be within the fluff to paint his armor red? now that i think about it, the more i think, who cares and why does it matter anyway, but ill hear your opinions nonetheless!!!

Nakor
07-02-2009, 03:48
dude its your fluff, paint him as you please. id personaly paint him light blue to mark him a librarian and with the gold to tie him into your army

starlight
07-02-2009, 03:50
Your toys, your paint, your background. :) Do whatever you want. :D

CthulhuDalek
07-02-2009, 03:52
Is that the one with the book?

Maybe do it with a red body and blue hood?

ruttman15
07-02-2009, 04:25
i was thinking i would forgoe all blue. it doesn't fit at all with the color scheme of my army. my army is a desert world camoflage bunch of nomads, and the bright blue would look bad i think.

Michael M.
07-02-2009, 06:31
You have different options.
1) all blue. But i think that would look like a smurf infiltrator.
2) you declare your chapter non-codex and paint him in the colors of your chapter.
3) Thatīs what i have done for my Salamanders and use one of the alternative color pattern. The Codex Astartes allows that, for example only one arm and/or the helmet is painted blue. Hereīs a link to mine http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3269282#post3269282

Ganymene
07-02-2009, 06:35
You don't have to worry about the =][= coming after you if you don't paint him blue.

You should paint him the way he is going to look the best. If you feel that painting him in the codex astartes colors is going to make him look sweet, I say go for it. If you want him to look like the rest of your army that's okay too.

They're your models paint them how you like.

Inquisitor_Ra
07-02-2009, 08:05
your the one spending how ever ,uch that model is so your the one that gets to pick what color you can slap on it

Sleazy
07-02-2009, 11:48
theres no "rule" that says libbies have to be blue. Take a look at Sarpedon of the Soul Drinkers, even pre-renegade he wore the same purple as the others.

09Project
07-02-2009, 11:52
I always thought librarians with just a blue shoulder pad looked good and the rest painted to the army they are from.

Just my view.

Col. Tartleton
07-02-2009, 15:29
I always thought the enormous special education helmet thingy stuck on his head, energy staff, glowing eyes, and dancing warp flames and flock of cybernetic ravens would kind of make it obvious to the guys who to watch out for possible possession better then painting him blue (especially among the Ultramarines who thought of it :confused:)

ruttman15
07-02-2009, 16:32
thanks for the input guys. I think im going with the all red armor... maybe a blue symbol somewhere.

Bookwrak
07-02-2009, 16:46
Maybe it was just the Index Astartes article, but I remember seeing a lot of different example paint schemes for librarians which ranged from all blue, to just one shoulder pad.

JCOLL
07-02-2009, 20:23
One option is to just paint a shoulder pad and knee pad blue and incorporate some sort of librarian heraldry or whatever and keep the rest of the body your original color. That's what I do with my Dark Angels and Blood Ravens.

ZOMGBBQ
07-02-2009, 20:50
Well, you could just say that Blue is an Unlucky colour on your chapters home world, or if its a feral world, that red was a colour associated with Shamans and the like.

While its generally accepted that "Librarians are Blue cause the Ultras are so awesome and they wrote The Most Holy Codex Astrates of Holyness™ oh gawd lets all be Bluuuuuuuuuuue!" there's nothing stopping you from painting it how you want (and of cource anything that lowers the amount of blue on a tabletop (currently at an all time high after years of successful containment and the occasional remission) gets my vote :)

victorpofa
08-02-2009, 01:30
I painted all my Librarians the traditional blue so I can use them in all my marine armies save Space Wolves. All my Chaplains are traditional black for the same reason.

In your case it is your model so go nuts.

SimonL
08-02-2009, 01:44
How about all gold with red trim? Shiiiinyy :)

Vesica
08-02-2009, 02:00
When i come to finishing my SM and doing my librarians im just going to paint the shoulder pad blue.

As said, its up to you, do what you prefer and if you need to you can make up a reason for not having blue.

Incase it helps heres the link to the B&C SM painter:
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/smpbeta.php