PDA

View Full Version : Biel-Tan?

ruttman15
07-02-2009, 03:28
I am starting an eldar army (my first love) and am choosing a color scheme. I have always liked biel tan coloring, but i think all the different aspect colors would make the army look... disjointed. but i like the base green and white, and the aspect warriors as troops. does anyone have ideas for painting the apsects in a more biel-tan color? Oh and does biel-tan play well, or does the high cost troops weigh them down?

Ganymene
07-02-2009, 06:21
They are your models, you should paint them how you want to.

I am painting all my aspect warriors in my Craftworld colors. I like my armies to look cohesive. I think the Aspect Warriors look cool in their own unique colors, but they don't tie together well.

You could also paint them in their traditional colors, but give them something to tie them in with your non-Aspect models (such as a tabard or their helmets).

For playing Biel-Tan, may I suggest this thread (http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149243).

Doomseer
07-02-2009, 11:38
I completely agree that Eldar look disjointed when painted in the traditional aspect colours.

I too have painted my Aspect Warriors in my Craftworlds colours, but with more variation depending on the Aspect. I have stuck to 3 colours for the whole army and feel that this is a good guide for painting any force to achieve visual unity.

Just go with whatever you feel is comfortable.

susu.exp
07-02-2009, 11:40
Well, you could pitch apect colors to match Biel Tan.
Avengerss: Paint with a mix of dark green and dark blue. Add the BT thorn pattern in white.
Hawks: No issue there, really, just glaze your turquise with a green color
Scorps: Again, no big problem, green armour, white thorn pattern, bone instead of yellow for details.
Banshees: Check out the picture in Epic:Armageddon Swordwind. Biel Tan Banshees using bone armour with the thorn pattern in green (my eldar came from that image, though I went for white with dark red as craftworld colors and thus my thorns are dark red).
Dragons: Paint a scale pattern in green on the suits. Blend green to orange for the helmet.
Reapers: Black goes with everything. Use dark green and bone thorn pattern.
Spears: as with the DA, mix dark blue and dark green. Add the thorn pattern to the Jetbikes.
Spiders: Tricky. Keep the red sparse, Use a very dark green and white details.

Thud
07-02-2009, 11:42
I paint my aspect warriors the same way as I paint the rest of my army.

Born Again
07-02-2009, 11:43
They are your models, you should paint them how you want to.

I am painting all my aspect warriors in my Craftworld colors. I like my armies to look cohesive. I think the Aspect Warriors look cool in their own unique colors, but they don't tie together well.

You could also paint them in their traditional colors, but give them something to tie them in with your non-Aspect models (such as a tabard or their helmets).

For playing Biel-Tan, may I suggest this thread (http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149243).

I agree, but in reverse. I'd paint them in Biel-Tan colours, with some detailing to show their aspect. Don't be afraid to mix the colours up or change shades, either. IE for Dark Reapers, instead of white bodies and green helmets, you could do green bodies, in a shade darker than usual for the rest of your models, with detailing and other parts in their aspect colour.

Leo
07-02-2009, 13:24
I was at the same crossroads.

I decided to paint every aspect in its respective temple colours (red Warpspiders, blue Dire Avengers, turquoise Swooping Hawks ...) but gave every model something that they all have in common.
Every single model has a white left arm, torso and helmet (hard to explain) and the Craftworld rune on the left kneepad.

Now the squads look pretty diverse but I hope, that the common parts will make them look as if they belong to one force.
I can't say for sure if this really works because I don't have a full blown Aspect Warriors force yet and rely heavily on Guardians, Tanks and Warlocks who are painted in the Craftworld colours.

Biel Tan could make this a problem because the Craftworld colour is green which would look pure eye cancer on Hawks, Warspiders and Dire Avengers, while the other Aspects should be ok.

ruttman15
07-02-2009, 16:14
hmmm. im thinking maybe i should go ice world eldar. dark blue, with white or bone detail. it would be easy to match the aspects to that. and i like the colors.
ill think about it i guess.

Born Again
12-02-2009, 04:14
I just saw this yesterday and thought of this thread. Take a look at page 226-227 of the BRB for an excellent example of how to paint aspect warriors in craftworld colours (Warp Spiders in bottom right corner of whole army photo).

ruttman15
12-02-2009, 06:12
BRB??? wut? acronym decoding please.

oh Basic Rule Book. blarg dang acronyms.