PDA

View Full Version : Few lizardmen questions

him_15
07-02-2009, 10:55
1. Would Tehenhauin benefit from one magic level higher by mounting him on the EoG?

2. Would Zlaaq (Mazdamundi's mount) benefit from the shield of the old ones thus get the 4+ ward save as well?

3. Would any irresistible forces that doesn't meet the casting value still counted as successful? (Tetto'eko rolls double 2 to cast comet of cassandora for example).

4. Can an enemy character challenge a skink priest mounted on the EoG?

5. The sacred stegadon helm confers +1 armour save, But the stegadon rules says that models riding a stegadon can not improve their armour save any more, so no additional +1 AS for character riding stegadon with helm?

Thx Guys!

Necromancy Black
07-02-2009, 11:05
1. Yes

2. doubt it

3. Yes, an irristible force will always succeed as though the casting value was met, unless stated otherwsie.

4. Yes, this is actually covered in the Stegadon rules

5. Exactly, you can't go above the 3+ save from the howdah. The helm's save will come into affect if the stegadon dies.

Neckutter
07-02-2009, 14:49
1. per raw, i would say no, but obviously they meant for him to get the boost.
2. nope, read the shield of the old ones
3. tetto eko says that you must meet the casting value first.
4. yup, read the steg rules
5. yep, no positive armor save modifiers while on the stegadon, or ancient steg. shields and the like dont do anything. :)

Desert Rain
07-02-2009, 20:17
Just a qustion that popped up in my mind while reading the book: Doeas Tiktaq'to counts as flying cavalry?

Neckutter
07-02-2009, 22:06
yep, he is on a flying terradon. read "zwup"

Necromancy Black
07-02-2009, 22:10
3. tetto eko says that you must meet the casting value first.

Whoops, I missed that line saying "on any successful casting roll". So basically yes, you have to meet the casting value.

Desert Rain
08-02-2009, 08:52
yep, he is on a flying terradon. read "zwup"
Whoops, I missed that part. Thank you for anwering.

Mr_Rose
08-02-2009, 10:34
One more for the pile:
Kroxigor and Fear; Do units of skinks that include Krox cause fear?
See, by RAW, I'm not sure they do, because for the fear effect to be relevant, the charged/charging model must actually be in contact with the fear-causing model (cf. fear-causing characters in the front of a flanked unit) and the Kroxigor are in the second rank and therefore not in contact with anyone.
Except, of course, for their own special rule that allows them to fight over the heads of the skinks.

So I guess the real question is: Does the rule that allows krox to fight make them "in contact" enough for them to cause fear in units they are fighting?

nosferatu1001
08-02-2009, 10:45
Mr_Rose - yes, as the "long reach" rules mean that you count as being in base to base with the enemy model despite the Skink in the way. If you can have attacks allocated you must be in base to base, or using spears ;)

Necromancy Black
08-02-2009, 11:10
The rules say that if an enemy model is in base contact with a skink, that is also in base contact with a Kroxigor, then that the Kroxigor counts as also being in base to base contact.

So yes, they will cause fear.