PDA

View Full Version : My first fantasy army

Puziel
07-02-2009, 11:05
Hello all. I'm usually playing 40k constantly, but as some of my friends has made purchases for fantasy armies and are playing them, i figured i might as well join in too. One of them is Dwarf, another is VC, and the last is DE. I went with Bretonnia because i loved the idea of a mostly all mounted army. But anywho, here is the list that i put together, and i wanted to see from some experienced Bret players if this list is worth its salt against what will be my competition. I hear VC, and DE are rough to go against too >.>

HQ: Lord: Birth Sword:
Grail Vow: Gromgril Helm:
Shield: Virtue of Confidence:
Horse: Gauntlet of the Duel:
(Rides with the Grail Knights)
Total:

Paladin: Virtue of Duty:
BSB: Lance:
Horse:
Shield:
(Rides with a unit of KotR)
Total:

Paladin: Virtue of the Joust:
Pegasus: Lance:
Shield:
(Rides with the Pegasus Knights unit)
Total:

Damsel:
Horse:
Dispel Scroll:
Dispel Scroll:
(Rides with a KOTR unit)
Total:

Core

10 Peasent Bowmen:
Skirmish:
Brazier:
Total:

10 Peasent Bowmen:
Brazier:
Total:

8 Knights of the Realm:
Musician:
Bearer:
Total:

8 Knights of the Realm:
Musician:
Bearer:
Total:

9 Knights of the Realm:
Musician:
Bearer:
Total:

30 Men at Arms:
Musician:
Bearer:
Champion:
Total:

Special:

3 Pegasus Knights:
Musician:
Bearer:
Total:

5 Mounted Yeomen:

Rare:

8 Grail Knights:
Musician:
Bearer:
Total:

This is what i came up with. The other couple units i was definatly intrested in was the green knight, fey enchantress, and a trebuchet, But i wasn't overly happy with the point cost of any of these units. But really I'm looking for any advice about list preperation/changes you would make, and some good ideas i could adapt for combating a VC, DE, or dwarf force.

Hospitaler
07-02-2009, 12:36
Hello, and welcome to fantasy, and nice list :)

In terms of all-round aming, there is not much to change for now, you have hitting power, flexibility and size.
So for now just learn how the units in your army work, what combos are good bad etc.

The green knight is fun, and can be very competative, its nice to be causing the terror as a Bret player. But you need to be carefully, because although he has the ability to cause wounds, against static combat res he crumbles fast! though you can always bring him back with some jammy rolls :p the trebuchet can get isolated and killed without peasent guards, but it adds another dimension to your army, occasionally making yours the one with more shooting (albeit rarely) I've never used the Fay enchantress.

As to your opponents, you will find VC very hard as you lose the ability to break units on the charge, get in behind the enemy and disrupt their plans. With the lances large flanks, you can be pinned and beaten; even by zombies. With Dwaves you will need more shooting protection, such as the ward save banner (e.g. on the grail knights), but multiple charges into untis will see you break them! Dark elves should be a bloody battle, as they have more hitting power, but they are more fragile. Once again multiple charges are the key!

garythewargamer
07-02-2009, 13:47
This looks like a pretty good list I guess. One of the things about the britonnias is that they either win or loss the game quickly. Your battles will rarely end in draws. Here is a rough list of what I have. Lord with 8 grail knights, bsb with 8 kotr, palidin with 8 kotr, paliding with 8 kotr, damsel two dispell scrolls and 8 errant knights.
Running around amok is three peg knights.
My magic list is not set right now.