PDA

View Full Version : Cursed Foundings

AngelofSorrow
04-12-2005, 04:57
Are there any updates for the new Marine Codex for the Cursed Founding chapters?

or are they to be done soon.

And could someone pm me the old rules for them my WD collection was destroyed

Thanks I appreciate the help.

AngelofSorrow
05-12-2005, 05:35
Wow thanks for the massive amount of help people lol

Grimaldus
05-12-2005, 05:40
okay okay, I hate to see someone left in the cold. Honestly, at this exact moment in time, I have no idea. However, give me a few minutes and I'll check it out.

Grimaldus
05-12-2005, 05:48
Okay, well apparently the design team is still looking into traits and all that jazz for the cursed foundings, and when they get them figured will post them online with the other info about them that's already available.
If you haven't already, you can see that here:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/spacemarines/cursed/1/

AngelofSorrow
05-12-2005, 05:50
Thank u very much grimaldus but yeah i did check that out (although i missed the whole design team redoing them bit) but at least somebody was kind enough to try and help me out

Grimaldus
05-12-2005, 05:55
Hey, no problem. I guess the lack of replies was due mostly to the fact that nobody knows anything yet cuz, well...there isn't anything yet;)
But yeah, it's definately good to know they're working on it anyway.
In the mean time, I'd just give them traits based on their available background, which would make them perfectly legal marine armies.

heretic
05-12-2005, 16:52
I dunno why the Lamenters are considered a cursed founding, I don't remember them being attributed to them until just now.

Str10_hurts
05-12-2005, 17:32
This is better suited for the background forum you'll probably get more info there.

Lamenter
07-12-2005, 01:57
I dunno why the Lamenters are considered a cursed founding, I don't remember them being attributed to them until just now.

Actually Lamenters were included in the original rules set. They're a cursed founding because they are a failed attempt to use BA geneseed, without the Black Rage. Although it worked, the Lamenters have been subject to extreme bad luck instead :cries:.

They had an ability called Aura of Doom (I think). It was a bit unfluffy in my opinion. Personally I intend to stick with using traits, as the cursed founding list didn't include scouts, who Lamenters need to have.

Puffin Magician
07-12-2005, 02:16
The Lamenters had Aura of Doom but I don't know what it does. Anyone got WD US 278?

Traits are currently the only way to legally make a non-Codex force that doesn't already have it's own Codex .

[b]Flame Falcons could take Uphold the Honour of the Emperor for their 'flamey save', MInotaurs would take No Mercy No Respite, or Take the Fight to Them, and Legion of the Damned can be an all-Drop Pod force to represent their sudden appearance on the battlefield, and only take Captains, Tactical Marines, and Dreadnoughts.

Sons of Anateus have a stronger skeleton... you might need Plague Marines or "Feel no Pain" models for these guys. Black Dragons only had a fancy Assault Squad [equipped with rending claws, basically] and the standard "funky Cursed Founding units" like Knights and Abominations. No clue how to give them a unique little rule like that, other than something boring like Furious Charge.

Lamenter
07-12-2005, 03:17
The Aura of Doom required enemies to pass a Ld test (possibly modified, I forget) before being able to assault, making the Lamenters very much a stand and shoot army, quite fitting against their nemesis - Nids.

Personally my Lamenters have the "Suffer not the Alien to live (nids obviously)" and "Trust your battle brothers" to represent their preference to shoot and get charged. Also "Flesh over Steel" and "Faithful unto Death" to represent the chapters current situation.

Captain Cortez
07-12-2005, 05:18
The Aura of Doom required enemies to pass a Ld test (possibly modified, I forget) before being able to assault, making the Lamenters very much a stand and shoot army, quite fitting against their nemesis - Nids.

Personally my Lamenters have the "Suffer not the Alien to live (nids obviously)" and "Trust your battle brothers" to represent their preference to shoot and get charged. Also "Flesh over Steel" and "Faithful unto Death" to represent the chapters current situation.

Yes I have to agree with the traits, because I use the same ones for my Lamenters;) .

For aura of doom it was just a normal Ld test, no modifires. I think its kinda dumb that the Lamenters have suffered more brutal attacks than the Ultramarines but their Nid hunter guys are only for Ultramarines them selfs:rolleyes: .

Good to see another Lamenter player:p .