PDA

View Full Version : Flame Falcons colour scheme

Muncher666
07-02-2009, 15:13
Hey guys.

I've been playing this ol' game for a long long time, and for the first time in 13 years I bit the bullet and actually bought a box of tac marines. 13 years and not a single imperial. Oh well. :P

Anyway, I thought to keep things interesting I'd go a cursed founding marine army, and settled on the Flame Falcons. Thing is, I'm aware there is no existing colour scheme for them - and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for one?

So far I've tried charadon granite with a rising flame effect on the shoulder pads/eagles - but as my house mate said.. it's very.. 80s. Any suggestions would be immensely appreciated, I'm not good at colour schemes.

Allan.

tacoo
07-02-2009, 15:19
are they the marines that in a middle of a battle mutated to have fire come off there skin and not hurt there selves but hurt there enemies?

Muncher666
07-02-2009, 15:25
Put shortly, yes.

The Flame Falcons were one of the 21st Founding - after about a century of good showing they were found to immolate in the middle of battle - after seeing this the Commander of the forces called the Inquisitor who was privvy to the battle across, but when he realised that the marines who were combusting were not being hurt by the flames - only the enemies - he believed it to be the will of the Emperor - the Inquisition however didn't take so kindly to it.

Allan.

Muncher666
08-02-2009, 01:37
So, no thoughts guys? *sad face*

SimonL
08-02-2009, 02:04
I personally don't like colours that are too bright. Maybe a drab, "burnt" orange?

I'm much more interested in how you would do the rules? I'd personally use the Chaos Codex as a renegade Chapter, given how the bulk of the Flame Falcons were almost wiped out by the Grey Knights.

tacoo
08-02-2009, 02:05
for a paint scheme i would guess try and look up a pheonix color or somehting. i would probable like to go with a a color scheme of dark red with a dark green faiding into a light green for armys or maby just a nice black and red or a paint scheme of a base coat of dark red in the middle of the meices faiding to a bright red on the edges highlited with orange. if i was a good painter i would do that. and your color scheme sounds nice also, who cares what ere it looks like its from as long as you like it. i mean look at the imperial guard, most of them screem WW1 and WW2, and you see a lot of schemes that reflect that, how often do you hear some1 say, the guard like soo 1942, this is the year 2009, get the color to match. not much. so go whith what ever you would like and is within your ability to paint. btw i would probably say gloss up the any flames cause i love what the ard coat does to my models.

Juggernaut246
08-02-2009, 03:47
Didn't they become the Legion of the Damned?

Doppleskanger
08-02-2009, 09:11
That was apparently the Fire Hawks. Interesting to similar sounding names both had such bad forune. Maybe there was a little bit of incest going on around then...

someone2040
09-02-2009, 00:32
I *Think* there is an image of the Flame Falcons in the new Space Marines book, where it mentions the Cursed Foundings for the first time (Not the Legion of the Damned Entry). You may be able to gather what parts of the armour are the same colour via that picture, but I haven't found anything out about their colour scheme.

I was thinking about doing them at one point. But the whole reason I picked up Space Marines was to have something easy and relaxing to paint, while not having to convert a whole lot (Since I was doing a fair bit of converting for my Empire army). So I decided against them, as to really make them stand out, I'd want to sculpt flames and stuff onto them, adding to the work.