PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed for my 2250 WoC Goal List

Sword of the Morning
07-02-2009, 16:09
I'm approaching 1000 points in my budding WoC army, and as such I've decided to finalize my 2250 point goal list. Thanks in advance for any comments and suggestions!

Exalted Hero
Mark of Tzeentch
Disk of Tzeentch
Golden Eye of Tzeentch
Halberd

This dude's been indispensable in the few 1000 point games I've played. Crucially, he provides punch and mobility in an army crippled by its lack of flying and skirmishing units.

Chaos Sorcerer
Mark of Tzeentch
Disk of Tzeentch
Death's Head
Dispel Scroll

Chaos Sorcerer
Mark of Nurgle
Power Familiar
Book of Secrets

Chaos Sorcerer
Mark of Nurgle
Infernal Puppet

My magic phase should be strong enough to compensate for my lack of ranged power, especially given the fact that my two Nurgle Sorcerers will be tageting enemy wizards with Buboes from the onset.

12 Chaos Warriors
Mark of Nurgle
Full Command
Additional Hand Weapons
Shields
Banner of Wrath

I'm not happy about having to put both of my Nurgle Sorcerers in this unit, but I don't see anywhere else for them to bunker down. The presence of the Banner of Wrath and the Sorcerers will discourage people from simply avoiding this unit, which is a plus.

18 Marauders
Mark of Khorne
Flails

Cheap, hitty, and Immune to Psychology.

5 Marauder Horsemen
Flails or Throwing Axes (any suggestions?)

This is a nice little unit; my only regret is that I don't have the points for a second group.

5 Warhounds

5 Warhounds

No-brainer.

6 Chaos Knights
Mark of Nurgle
Standard
Musician

6 Chaos Knights
Mark of Nurgle
Standard
Musician

Deadly.

3 Dragon Ogres
Great Weapons

I'm not entirely sold on these guys, at least on paper. Does anyone care to share their experiences with a similar unit?

Chaos Spawn

Chaos Spawn

These guys are awesome.

Total: 2246
Power Dice: 10 (+1 Bound)
Dispel Dice: 5 (+1 Scroll)

There you have it!

Harbinger09
08-02-2009, 14:47
I have learned the hard way that the 6x2 set-up you have for your Warriors is risky. The set-up is generally for murdering low toughness enemies with 2 hand weapons or halberds. I would suggest raising the unit to 15 (5x3), possibly by dropping a Chaos Spawn. Sure, the spawns can potentially do some great things, but they can also get left behind or strike with few attacks; too much luck involved- case in point. As well, you will need as many extra combat bonuses you can get with two sorcerers that HAVE to challenge any characters they come across. You might want to drop the Sorcs entirely because in many cases you will be giving away free VPs.

I have had a great deal of success with one exalted, one Tzeentch sorc, and one Tzeentch Lord. By giving your Sorc Lord an enchanted shield, Golden Eye; etc. you can make him incredibly hard to kill, very hard to catch, and able to unleash a great deal of magical death.

That's my advice, take it or leave it, but good luck my friend!

Sword of the Morning
09-02-2009, 01:41
I have learned the hard way that the 6x2 set-up you have for your Warriors is risky. The set-up is generally for murdering low toughness enemies with 2 hand weapons or halberds. I would suggest raising the unit to 15 (5x3), possibly by dropping a Chaos Spawn. Sure, the spawns can potentially do some great things, but they can also get left behind or strike with few attacks; too much luck involved- case in point.

Interesting. I do agree that dropping one Spawn is the only real way for me to scavenge a few points without losing one of my important units.

As well, you will need as many extra combat bonuses you can get with two sorcerers that HAVE to challenge any characters they come across. You might want to drop the Sorcs entirely because in many cases you will be giving away free VPs.

Yeah, I know. :( I don't see how this army can really function without magical offense, though. The only other option that comes to mind is to invest in a small block of Hand Weapon and Shield Slaaneshi marauders, which would serve as a bunker unit for my Sorcerers.

I have had a great deal of success with one exalted, one Tzeentch sorc, and one Tzeentch Lord. By giving your Sorc Lord an enchanted shield, Golden Eye; etc. you can make him incredibly hard to kill, very hard to catch, and able to unleash a great deal of magical death.

That's my advice, take it or leave it, but good luck my friend!

So the lore of Tzeentch has been strong for you? I've yet to play with the new lores, but it seems to me that Nurgle and Tzeentch are both potentially game-breaking decks. The effectiveness of the Slaaneshi spells is restricted by the pre-eminence of ItP troops in the current metagame, but seems worth a look against select opposition.

Oh, and thanks for the reply!