PDA

View Full Version : Need some help!

Aekold
07-02-2009, 20:02
Hello all. ive been readin the DEMON FAQ lately. In the first page on the spells it says "add this line to the description :FLAMING

Then when i read on the lord of change and the horrors. Their spell doesent count as flaming? i meen. Wtf is this? So is the spells horrors and Lords casting not flaming? then why does it say flickering fire and Firestorm now are flaming then?

Another thing i want to know is this. Can Flamers march and shoot?
My main enemy is my friends high elves. He uses 3 units of dragon princes and a big unit whit all his mages in, whit a banner that makes them totally immune to all enemy spells... blink.gif So how on earth can i beat his list?

Dragon princes are immune to all kinds of fire spells. And most of the spells are flaming. The flamers shooting attack is flaming too.

Any advice here for a new tzeentch player? im done whit my 2250pt pure nurgle army now. So i want to make a new demon army.

Cheers!

Neckutter
07-02-2009, 22:20
flamers marching and shooting? nope. only breath weapons can march and shoot.
charge the dragon princes with your GD of tzeentch. he is pretty beefy afterall. :) he causes terror as well. also, are you doing a mono-god tzeentch army? that will obviously have problems with HE and their "dragon armor".

as far as the FAQ goes, i think they forgot to add flaming to the daemon spells, which are obviously magic flaming missles. :)

havoc626
07-02-2009, 22:23
Any of the spells that have 'Flaming Attack' in red now inflict flaming attacks. It makes sense, as the spells is described as being flaming.

Flamers ranged attacks are counted as normal shooting attacks, so they can't march and shoot.

As for the HE problem, hmm, maybe go Khorn? They don't need to worry about an opponent's magic defence, and they all at least have MR1, so you have decent magic defence. If you want more, take a herald in each important squad with Collar of Khorn.

Or maybe go for Slannesh and try to beat the ASFing elves at their own game, taking as many heralds as you can and joining them to your squads.

Overall, yeah, I'll agree with you that Daemons of Tzeentch are right royally screwed against a Dragon Prince heavy HE army, but you'll have to hope to be able to avoid those squads long enough to be able to kill off the squads you can, then just surviving till the end.

EDIT: Missed the sentence about you wanting to collect a Tzeentch army, only saw the line about wanting to get a new daemon army.

Aekold
08-02-2009, 00:13
Yes im going pure whit tzeentch :) Anyhow i cant see how they can be that good in tournys when highelves just can go flame immune and ***** me up?

Ohh well. I wanted pure. but if they going to stop me do so. Then i add in some units whit fleshhounds. Or Warphounds as i will call them. Then i going to totally brake my opponents will to play that dumb list again against me :)

Lugburz
08-02-2009, 01:28
flamers marching and shooting? nope. only breath weapons can march and shoot.
charge the dragon princes with your GD of tzeentch. he is pretty beefy afterall. :) he causes terror as well. also, are you doing a mono-god tzeentch army? that will obviously have problems with HE and their "dragon armor".

as far as the FAQ goes, i think they forgot to add flaming to the daemon spells, which are obviously magic flaming missles. :)

Lord of Change have flaming attacks, he don't like Dragon Princes, hehe

Neckutter
08-02-2009, 01:33
oh, really? i musta missed that, then!

oh well, take a bloodthirster, or a KoS. :P

havoc626
08-02-2009, 03:36
The only real choice in order to be able to deal wounds to those units is taking a herald on chariot. The chariot's impact hits aren't flaming, but it is only S4, so not much use against the armour of the DP.

Only other choice is to take as many heralds/ Lord of Changes as you can and hope to get 'Boly of Change'. That's most likely the best option to take out the DP, as they tend to be in smaller squads and the number + S of the hits will do a lot of damage. Big downside is the value needed to cast it, but with lvl2 wizards it is still a good chance on 3d6.

Standard of Sundering is great against HE, as it will shut down their magic and completely ruin it if they take lore of light. Taking power vortex will give you the needed PD for the spells, just a shame that Master of Sorcery can't use the Tzeentch lore.

Good luck with developing your army, and I hope that this helped, even in the least.