PDA

View Full Version : need campaign ideas

Gillburg
08-02-2009, 00:26
we are starting a campaign with 6 players, we will be using a map with grids. more grids you have more points you can field, starts at 500 and up. 30 grids on the map,. each player has 5, each grid = 100 points. the lowest points that can be fielded is 500 even if you lose grids

is there any maps like this you can link me to?

some grids will have special rules so some armies will have advantages the deeper an enemy invades, for example swampland for lizzys, smog for chaos dwarfs and unbearable cold weather for chaos.

is there any tips you can give me, to make it a more streamlined, and what rules would i make for alliances?

thx in advance

Condottiere
08-02-2009, 00:49
Probably nothing that you don't already know. Border Princes for the setting. Dwarves have advantages with mountainous terrain, Wood Elves with forests, High and Dark Elves with Sea accessible grids.

havoc626
08-02-2009, 00:52
The General's Comendium would be great for this, if you can find a copy. It has alliances and terrain areas (like winter areas, volcanos and chaos wastes) along with campaign tips and what not.

Griefbringer
08-02-2009, 10:58
Considering that the starting force is 500 points, 100 extra points per grid is quite a lot. Once a player has acquired suitable amount of extra grids, he might get quite hard to beat.

One option would be to do something like the campaign rules in the 5th edition book, where you were quite restricted in the choice of units available initially, but by conquering more territories you got a larger selection of unit types (eg. being able to wield more heroes, wizrads, war machines, monsters, magic items etc.) you could wield in your army, while other territories could give some extra points.

Neknoh
08-02-2009, 11:14
Mighty Empires Tile Set perhaps?

Condottiere
08-02-2009, 11:52
A friend has that and we tried it out, rather interesting.