PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Cold Ones: New or Old?

Etienne de Beaugard
01-05-2005, 23:11
Well, which do you prefer, the old 6th ed. plastic cold ones or the new ones?

Crazy Harborc
01-05-2005, 23:21
FANTASTIC!!!! the vote(s) are/is in and I am in the lead. My choice is winning. ;)

I have seen and held the latest version in my hand. I won't be running out to buy replacements anytime soon. I'll continue using the old fashion one piece metal version. I do have to budget.

taer
01-05-2005, 23:29
I really liked the old one.

75hastings69
01-05-2005, 23:45
I like the new ones, more of a lizardman feel, like they have evolved away from the DE COs................. but did they have to evolve with those awful front claw things?

Dargon
01-05-2005, 23:50
Actually, so far my favorites are neither of the plastics... I prefer the even older "Veloceraptor" Cold Ones.

I wasn't a fan of the new-look Godzilla when that movie came out, so I'm likewise not a fan of the 6th Edition "Godzilla" Cold Ones.

Looking closely at the new ones, I think they'll grow on me - they have a much more dragon-like appearance, which will be great for conversions.

So, out of the options, I'd have to go with the original metal ones - though none seem to look right with Saurus riding them :p .

Just a thought...

AngelofSorrow
02-05-2005, 04:20
The Godzilla ones rock I love them soooooo much the new ones make me GAG some look like members of kiss like the old Bloodthrister Head lol
and the front claws are awful

Neknoh
02-05-2005, 07:15
The Old Ones, deffinately the Old Cold Ones.

NetGuru
02-05-2005, 08:54
I perfer the new ones, in the context that they are lizard men only cold ones. I always thought that the sarus that were riding the old Cold Ones always looked odd, like the were balancing rather than riding, but the new riders and cold ones look much better.

m1s1n
02-05-2005, 13:33
I think the new ones fit for the Lizard Men, but I prefer the "US-Remake of Godzilla" Cold Ones for my Dark Elves. They just seem . . . hungrier?

The boyz
02-05-2005, 18:04
I prefer the old plastic ones they look bigger and meaner.

Scythe
02-05-2005, 18:26
I still like the metal ones best. It's not that the new ones look really bad or anything (and I also quite like the DE ones), but they are just not as nice as the old metal ones.

Crazy Harborc
02-05-2005, 23:57
When I am in the mood to push DEs, I prefer the extra weight of the old metal cold ones. In almost all other cases, plastic OR metal, light or heavy makes no difference. Just when it's my cold ones.

Grumnir
03-05-2005, 21:59
Must say the old metal ones are favourites.

Could also get some really dynamic poses with the knights on top whilst the CO bit someone's head off.

Though if anyone knows a reliable way to keep those metal lances straight AND transport them at the same time i'd be willing to sell my soul ;)

glimli
04-05-2005, 04:10
the new ones look much better, whilehe old plastics arent bad they simply dont look like theyre capale of being cavalry.