PDA

View Full Version : New Dark Elf Dark Riders?

Theidi0t266
08-02-2009, 13:32
Does anyone else think that they are making new dark riders? because in the painting section of the codex dark riders aren't shown, just like the chariot which is also rumored to be being remade.

FredNo.1
08-02-2009, 13:49
id say its a good guess

emperorpenguin
08-02-2009, 13:56
Does anyone else think that they are making new dark riders? because in the painting section of the codex dark riders aren't shown, just like the chariot which is also rumored to be being remade.

Not in the painting section?

Really, so what are those guys on page 85? :eyebrows:

Mooglemen
08-02-2009, 17:59
OK, so the DRs are in the painting section, but just one pic. GW doesn't seem too proud of them (and they shouldn't be, the models are pretty average). Also, the OP has a point about the chariot. I couldn't find it anywhere in the book. Though I don't know if that has any connection to new models.

Aunshiva
08-02-2009, 18:08
It also is not available through the website, but then again, they have alot of important models :cough palanquin cough: that don't have models.

Nomad
08-02-2009, 18:15
It also is not available through the website, but then again, they have alot of important models :cough palanquin cough: that don't have models.

Different situation, though. The Palanquin doesn't have a model because GW didn't make one. The Cold One Chariot had a model before the Dark Elves release, and there wouldn't be much point in pulling it from the website if they weren't going to replace it. I'd also be surprised if they didn't replace it because the rest of the Dark Elf army has been updated to ride new-style Cold Ones (although this may not be reason enough: Saurus cavalry still use the old, comparitively ugly ones).

Cypher, the Emperor
08-02-2009, 18:23
The Palanquin has a model, its just really old, you used to be able to buy it back during the days of the huge hardback white bits catalog.

I wouldn't be suprised if we go new DR's, they need new models badly. Then again, the chaos book has a bunch or sorcerors and champions that you can't get...