PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Counts Question

vamp
08-02-2009, 15:01
Can a unit of undead flee from a charge?

As a tactic can you choose to run from a charge even though you cannot break? I would assume if you could you would automatically recover in the recovery phase.

EldarBishop
08-02-2009, 15:06
No, those rules should be found on the page in the VC armybook which lists all the special undead rules "Laws of Undeath"? The only charge reaction that you should have is Hold.

EDIT: Hmm... did they remove that... I can't seem to find this in the armybook. (I know that this was the case in 6th....) Anybody? /edit

Mr_Rose
08-02-2009, 15:11
Uh, "recovery phase"?
Never mind.

The answer to your question is no; one of the (many) "Laws of Undeath (Vampire Counts Edition)" is that Undead are Immune to Psychology. Being Immune to Psychology is covered on p. 53 of the BRB. I believe you will find the third paragraph most pertinent.

Griefbringer
08-02-2009, 15:56
So, the vampire counts can now stand and shoot as a charge reaction (if they mange to get some shooting weapons) while the tomb kings are still restricted to only holding?

Mr_Rose
08-02-2009, 16:12
So, the vampire counts can now stand and shoot as a charge reaction (if they mange to get some shooting weapons) while the tomb kings are still restricted to only holding?
VC can indeed Stand and Shoot now. Else why would the Banshee's Ghostly Howl say it can be used as a SaS reaction?

EvC
08-02-2009, 16:26
Yes, the VCs can use a stand and shoot reaction with the one unit that can actually stand and shoot, as directed by its rules :D

Neckutter
08-02-2009, 19:06
its a good thing skeletons and zombies cant have crossbows anymore. :)

on a side note, i think that TKs got the shaft, since they can only hold.

Griefbringer
08-02-2009, 19:49
With BS 2 and -1 to hit for stand and shoot, charging the crossbow armed skeletons would not be that bad.

Except when you fail the fear test and instead end up standing still in front of the said skeletons while they continue shooting pointy sticks in your general direction.

nosferatu1001
08-02-2009, 20:19
TK archers never hit on worse than a 5+, unless their BS is reduced ;)

Nurgling Chieftain
08-02-2009, 21:45
They also can't have crossbows, so whatever. ;)

havoc626
09-02-2009, 04:53
VC being allowed to SaS isn't really shafting the TK, as only the banshee can do it. Hopes for TK getting a good 7th ed book, as VC have stolen a lot of things from them. Not enough to make VC better than TK in every way, but enough to **** a fair number of people off.

Neckutter
09-02-2009, 06:39
well today i decided to clean out some stuff. my shed is too full of my projects and im planning to ebay a ton of it. coming across a lot of old models that i cant use anymore, or models that i used to use but now are obsolete doesnt really make me pissed off at GW anymore. i realized that they need to move product, and our models last essentially forever. at any rate, when GW eventually redoes TK, i hope they can stand and shoot. it would be nice to get one more round of S3 BS2 shooting in, before my archers fall to pieces. :) but in the redo, i expect that some of my conversions or units i use now will become obsolete or nonuseful and they will be added to the shelf of "gaming purgatory" which dont get used ever.

WightKing
13-02-2009, 19:29
Οι απεθαντοι δεν οπισθοχωρουν ποτε!!!
Πεφτουν και σηκωνωνται ξανα!!!
Long Live Invocation Of Nehek!!!

Artinam
13-02-2009, 21:33
Yup as said before, previously they could only hold (as Tomb Kings and Zomby Pirates, so far that list is legal, are still required to do). Always found it very funny that zombies with a brace of pistols could not stand and shoot.

Necromancy Black
13-02-2009, 22:53
Yup as said before, previously they could only hold (as Tomb Kings and Zomby Pirates, so far that list is legal, are still required to do). Always found it very funny that zombies with a brace of pistols could not stand and shoot.

Let's dive into a zombies thought pattern:

"........brrraaainss...brainnsss........brains..."

Now lets do one that's a little more focused:

"BRRRAIIIIN....oh, they're charging.......charging.....I think....charging....I think I'll stand.........and shoot.....brains....ok...so now I'll...oh wait, they've already charged.......
....BRRRAAAIIIIINNNNSSSS!!!"

If you ask me there's plenty reason why zombies couldn't stand and shoot at some chargers :p. Now I guess they've gone from example B to example A and are too stupid to even use a ranged weapon anymore.

Neckutter
13-02-2009, 22:54
Οι απεθαντοι δεν οπισθοχωρουν ποτε!!!
Πεφτουν και σηκωνωνται ξανα!!!
Long Live Invocation Of Nehek!!!

seriously? you need an english filter on your keyboard. :P