PDA

View Full Version : Bretonnian Special Character Rules/Source

EldarBishop
08-02-2009, 15:31
Was wondering if anyone can list/provide source information for any Bretonnian Special Characters (other then the three in the armybook) with current (6th or 7th) edition rules?

Thanks.

Ehakir
08-02-2009, 17:22
I thought Bretonnia only had 3 special characters...

McBaine
09-02-2009, 12:28
They have in fact more than 3 special characters, but most of them are out of date or just to use in specific scenarios.

Tancred Duc de Quenelles from the Maisontaal Scenario. He is one of the Special Characters alongside with Krell and Kemmler in it. He is a bit out of date because the 6th edition army book wasnt out back then and you had to play it with the WD pre list. Against Undead he is not bad. auto wounds all of them and ignores their armour, has a shield stealing Attacks and MR 1. He's a Grail Knight of course.
You can find his exact rules on the GW Site in the Maisontaal Article.

There are 2 other Special Characters to be found in the WD (and later the GW site) :

Almaric and Tristan le Troubadur (with Jules the Jongleur).

Almaric is a Grail Knight who also is very effective against Undead. Base contact with him let them lose D6 Wounds in close combat. However, this was done because he was originally designed for the Return of the Lichmaster Scenario where he could join no other Unit (because they had the Forest Spirit Rule). In normal games this is way to overpowered.
I think he can also be found on the GW Site in the Retirn of the Lichmaster alongside Durthu and a revamped Kemmler and Krell.

Tristan le Troubadur and Jules the Jongleur where also in a WD article.
A Questing Knight and his humble Jester. Also quite good, but I have no idea where their rules can be found... Have to look up some old WDs I guess.

EDIT : In the 5th Edition book there where much more Special Characters... 13 I think. I can give you background on them but most of them have no rules for the current Edition.

EldarBishop
09-02-2009, 12:47
I actually have the 5th edition armybook (and rules, etc), as I've been playing a LOOONG time :D.

Was just seeking rules for any that might have been updated... I tend not to look at WD with any degree of regularity.

Thanks.