PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Slayers of Kazak Kadrin

Time of Madness
08-02-2009, 15:35
Hey all,

I don't usually start my posts with a disclaimer, however I thought it was necessary this time around.

*Disclaimer* - I realize this SOC list is no longer in use (other then in Canada). I also realize many people despised the list 4 years ago when it was released.

With all the new armies being released I thought it would be fun to see how the Slayer list would hold up to some of the current power creep armies.

I wanted to try and squeeze as many different things into the list as possible. However, I left out the pirates....just don't like the models/concept.

Overall I'm happy with the list and still think it can be somewhat competitive in todays gaming environment.

CHARACTERS

Daemon Slayer (General)
- Swiftness/Cleaving/Fury (ASF +1S +1A)
- Skavenslayer (doubles attacks for models in base to base)
- Beastslayer (wounds count towards combat res)
= 305pts

Dragon Slayer (BSB)
- Deathblow (attacks once he is struck dead)
- Wards of Grimnir (magic resistance)
- Master Rune of Grimnir (5+ ward save from shooting units within 12")
= 165pts

Dragon Slayer
- Great Weapon
- Deathblow (attacks once he is struck dead)
- Wards of Grimnir (magic resistance)
= 119pts

CORE

17 Troll Slayers
***Bsb hee***
- Giant Slayer/Standard
= 214pts

17 Troll Slayers
***Dragon Slayer hee***
- Giant Slayer/Standard
= 214pts

10 Troll Slayers
= 110pts

10 Troll Slayers
= 110pts

10 Troll Slayers
= 110pts

1 Doomseeker
= 65pts

1 Doomseeker
= 65pts

1 Doomseeker
= 65pts

1 Doomseeker
= 65pts

SPECIAL

17 Brotherhood of Grimnir
***General Here***
- Giant Slayer/Standard
- Great Weapons
= 263pts

RARE

Goblin Hewer
= 130pts

TOTAL POINTS = 2000pts

Dispel Dice - 6 + main 3 units have magic resistance.
Models in Army - 92

Well my characters all provide a purpose. The general adds substantial hitting power with multiple ASF attacks. Hopefully the general can kill enough to allow my brotherhood unit to get some attacks in with the great weapons as well. The bsb's essentially only in the list to provide the army some protection from shooting. T4 with 5+ ward save is decent protection against most armies. My other dragon slayer provides his unit with some magic resistance as well. With the amount of magic arond now adays the dragon slayers become essential characters to take in my opinion.

The rest of the list is fairly standard. I took 3 larger blocks supported by 3 smaller ones and the doomies. The smaller units really make the list fuction. They provide multiple roles (baiters/flankers/redirectors/throw away units/secure table quarters etc etc).

Any opinions? Anyone think it can still be a viable list?
Time of Madness

lcfr
08-02-2009, 16:57
I don't know what the special rules to slayer armies are, aside from the fact that models killed in combat get you some VPs.

What do doomseekers and the brotherhood of grimnir do? And what purpose does a BSB serve in a slayer army?

Time of Madness
08-02-2009, 17:08
Ya the army features a couple of special rules
1) 6 Dispel dice in a 2000pt list
2) Free move of 2D6 at start of game
3) Victory points - If a slayer is killed in close combat by a S5 or T5 model then you add 10pts to your victory points at the end of the game

Doomseekers - Models take auto hit when in base contact...Other models touching the ones auto hit are hit on a 4+. They are great for guarding flanks etc....although with the new targeting lone model rules they are not as effective as they use to be.

Brotherhood of Grimnir - Speical unit that has magic resistance 1 and S4. They also have the ability to take a magic banner.

BSB - The only use for the bsb is to take the banner that gives me units within 12" a 5+ ward save against shooting. Combine that with the T4 and the move at the start of the game and it makes it tough to shoot them down.
Time of Madness