PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions for arming my Warlord titan

Sean
08-02-2009, 18:17
Hi everyone I'm currently in the process of building a warlord titan, and was wondering what I should arm it with, so far I'm opting for a Volcano cannon, Laser Blaster, one turbo-destructo laser and a vortex support missile. I'd love to hear what you guys think so feel free to give advice or critisism!

Lord Damocles
08-02-2009, 18:25
I'd go carapace mounted Turbo Laser Destructors, Quake Cannon, and Gatling Blaster.

(If any of these weapons are no longer called that, it's because I still believe in Epic).

Killgore
09-02-2009, 11:23
alot of people are only interested in arming their Warlords with Strength 'D' weapons

This i find is by far the most effective combination but most importantly also the most BORING

I'v say use the rule of cool when arming your Warlord, if you like the sound of a weapon use it, I'v always liked the idea of the Quake Cannon and the Plasma Destructor as the primary weapons :D

Angelus Mortis
09-02-2009, 11:31
I had a thread about this already started some time ago, see if it gives you any ideas.

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156095

Ilike this one in particular. 2x Plasma Destructors and 2x Plasma Blastguns will chuck out 6x10" pizzas of doom or 10x7" dinner plates of doom every turn. Talk about litterally obliterating 90% of Infantry on the other side in one turn.

BTW, I never got around to making the Warlord, just couldn't find the time. So I bought a Reaver instead :D.

Askari
09-02-2009, 11:32
Turbo-laser Destructors on the Carapace are just too-cool not to have [like the Warlord at GW Manchester].

Otherwise, I'd also vote the Plasma Destructor, as all plasma weapons are cool. And... Volcano Cannon probably.

RCgothic
09-02-2009, 11:45
Personally I'd pick from the weapons that aren't available to a Reaver.

Plasma Annihilator, because 2x 10" S10 AP2 blasts are awesome, and Quake Cannon, because it gives you massive range and more 10" Blasts.

From my Reaver I've found that the missile launcher is awesome, and I'd probably round off the selection with some Strength D weapons in the form of the turbolaser.

(Anyone else notice the inferno gun has maximum range 18", but the warlord has minimum range 24" from carapace, meaning that it wouldn't be able to fire if selected?)

SockMonkey
09-02-2009, 12:07
I am also having troubles figuring how to arm my WiP. The person who I commissioned to build it is going to make a couple weapon systems.

ehlijen
09-02-2009, 12:08
4 vortex missles? Who cares what happens to it afterwards :D

(No that's not serious).

You're probably best of with what looks coolest in your opinion, given that it will inevitably pull display piece duty as well.

x-esiv-4c
09-02-2009, 13:15
If it's not Str D it doesn't belong on a warlord.

itcamefromthedeep
09-02-2009, 13:22
If I had a Warlord, I'd go with the pattern found on the Epic titan model, because that's an awesome model.

That means 2x turbo-laser destructors, gatling blaster and volcano cannon.

What you should go with depends on what you fight, and you would know that better than anyone on the intertubes. I guess the biggest question is how many super-heavies do you need to kill? That will determine how many D-weapons you should be taking.

Angelus Mortis
09-02-2009, 16:19

Perhaps you should go and take a look at 6 of the 10" pie plates placed touching each other and see how much area that covers with S10 AP2 death and maybe you might rethink that.

Sean
09-02-2009, 21:34
Thanks for all of the suggestions guys, I've decided that I'm going to make all of the guns availiable to the warlord and make them removable, that way I can equip it for what I'm facing.(The 6 10" shots and the possiblity of of up to 10 S D shots was too hard to choose between;))

Killgore
09-02-2009, 22:54

depends on how many friends you wish to keep