PDA

View Full Version : slann's wargear

meanmachine
08-02-2009, 18:18
hi
i'm new to fantasy

are slann mage priest's allowed magic weapons or magic armour.
(i cant imagine a slann wielding a shield)

or are they limited to enchanted, arcane and talismans

Harwammer
08-02-2009, 18:42
Pages 120 and 121 of the rule book cover this.

In short, a model needs options for mundane armour to take magic armour, must be a wizard to take arcane items and requires express permision in your armybook to be able to take a magic banner. Magic weapons, talismans and enchanted items don't have any limits (besides the 1 per character, no duplicate items allowed in an army, etc).

theunwantedbeing
08-02-2009, 18:46
hi
i'm new to fantasy

Really?
Never of guessed from the title.

I sugguest you look in your new lizardman armybook (not codex) and look under the rules for the slann mage(magwe) priest.
This will tell you what items(not wargear) he is allowed to take and how many points worth of them.

The poster above me has already referenced the rules of magical items so you can look there for info on how those work.

It'll be worth going to your local store and asking more about fantasy rather than here online where you get sarky(slightly unhelpful) responses like mine ^_^!

Also, its worth making an effort to use the fantasy terms rather than the 40k ones you are used to.
More to make people act nicer towards you.

Neckutter
08-02-2009, 19:59
sarky(slightly unhelpful)

weird; sarky and snarky mean almost the same thing.

at any rate, it would be a great idea to read both the BRB(big rulebook), and your armybook thoroughly to help yourself and save the difference. and im not trying to be snarky with you, original poster. :P

Necromancy Black
08-02-2009, 23:43
No armour, but, as I've recently been corrected, all characters can take magic weapons unless stated otherwise. The Slann has no rule saying he can't have magic weapons any more so he can take them.

Embalmed
13-02-2009, 13:52
No armour, but, as I've recently been corrected, all characters can take magic weapons unless stated otherwise. The Slann has no rule saying he can't have magic weapons any more so he can take them.

Yep. They used to have a rule that they weren't allowed to take magic weapons or use Rhuin or similar cc spell, but that's gone now, so you may run into people who claim the Slann can't have such stuff.

Spirit
13-02-2009, 16:02
Lol, blade of realities on a slan would be funny, if it worked.