PDA

View Full Version : My first Ogre Kingdoms list -- 2000 pts

dal9ll
08-02-2009, 18:59
Ive been using Skaven and Daemons for a while now but Ive been slowly acquiring the components for my Ogres army. Right now there is definitely still some wiggle room. Im am wondering if I should better or further equip my Butchers or keep them cheap? Also Im not sure about the build on my Tyrant and my Irongut units...

LORD:
Tyrant w/ h. armour, Siegebreaker, Luck-Gnoblar, Wyrdstone Necklace
(266)

HERO:
Butcher w/ dispel scroll
(155)

HERO:
Butcher w/ dispel scroll
(155)

CORE:
3 Ogre Bulls w/ Ironfists, Bellower
(130)

CORE:
3 Ogre Bulls w/ Ironfists, Bellower
(130)

CORE:
4 Ironguts w/ standard, Bull Standard
(242)

CORE;
4 Ironguts w/ Bellower

CORE:
20 Gnoblar Fighters
(40)

CORE:
20 Gnoblar Fighters
(40)

CORE:
8 Gnoblar Trappers
(48)

SPECIAL:
2 Leadbelchers w/ Bellower
(120)

SPECIAL:
2 Leadbelchers w/ Bellower
(120)

SPECIAL:
3 Yhetees
(195)

RARE:
1 Gorger
(75)

RARE:
1 Gorger
(75)

TOTAL: 1993 points

Thanks!

tomgore
08-02-2009, 19:53
ok here's a little help...but playtesting will always be your best resource.
with your butchers...give 1 a hell heart and 2 dispel scrolls to the other...if a 3rd butcher 2 dispel scrolls with him 2.
with your tyrant....nothing beats him weilding the thundermace, hvy armor, great skull, and 2 sword gnobs and have him roll with your unit of iron guts that are atleast 8 strong. make this your main smash!
i suggest a bruiser (bsb) with a rune maw and your iron guts get the bull standard then after that the rest is up to you...but take some kinda shooty...to compensate for the complete lack of it....braces of handguns and leadbelchers...just tweek it how you want...an nothing beats maneaters...good luck and happy gaming

dal9ll
08-02-2009, 20:04
Ive gotten really mixed reviews about Manetaers. Some people think theyre crap and some people swear by them. Im more inclined to believe the latter because people who swear by them know from experience but people who dismiss them often havent played with them. A Maneater unit full of Cathayan Longswords and pistols would be a great retinue for my Tyrant. Also I think I'll stick to 2 Butchers just to make room for other stuff. I may also take out one of the Gnoblar Fighter units and maybe the second Gorger to make some room for some Maneaters, probably 3 of them.

Guy Fawkes
08-02-2009, 21:39
Here are the things I would do:

- Dump the Bellowers on the minimum units of Leadbelchers. They are sacrificial small units, capable of getting a nice distracting/supporting charge or blowing the cannons if they need to. Bellowers aren't going to save them from the inevitable end of either dying horribly or getting run down after they flee.

- Dump the Bull Standard on the Ironguts and get a Standard for the other unit or even one of the Bull units.

These changes should give you some leeway. If the magic scene isn't too bad at your locale, consider dumping a Butcher, giving a second dispel scroll to the remaining Butcher, and buying a Bruiser BSB.

Domoto
09-02-2009, 06:03
Pretty standard cookie cutter build, use bulls for bait and flee, and as far as maneaters go I love them, I run a unit of 2 with brace of handguns and heavy armor, and put my tyrant with them who also has brace of handguns, shooting is actually not that bad, and in close combat the maneaters are 5 attacks str 5 so that coupled with my tyrant who usually has 5 attacks at str 7 they can do some damage, you just have too maneuver them well so they don't get destroyed

tomgore
11-03-2009, 19:02
ok he's a few more pennies...
i use all 6 maneaters(i painted them real well so i like to show them off) but on their own backing up the tyrant
i put my tyrant with the ironguts and run 2 butchers in support in the rear. 2 dispel scrolls and 1 hellheart (great againts magic heavy armies in the 1st devestating turn)my iron guts are 8-10 strong with a bruiser BSB so i get a rank bonus 2 banners impact hits and a unit strength of around 30 causing fear....so this hammer doesn't loose but it does attract alot of missile and magic. so look at your banners...one sends enemy magic at a gnoblar unit nearby. and the other is the bull standard.
i bring 2 units of leadbelchers 3-5 strong with no upgrades. if they get a shot off great if not great anti-flank
then a couple units of bulls 3 strong to back up when the leadbelchers break or are defeated
hope this helps the thinking...good luck