PDA

View Full Version : khalida 2250

mortetvie
08-02-2009, 20:34
Was playing a game had a great time with a khalida list, this is what I am thinking of running in a tournament:

Heros:910

Khalida:420

LP:165
Staff of sorcery

LP:165
scroll, jar

LP:160
golden ahnkra (going to be on casket)

Core:600

Skeleton archers:235
20 archers with poison shots, banner undying legion

skeleton archers:200
20 archers with poison shots

chariots:165
3 chariots, banner, warbanner

Special:485

carrion:120
5 carrion

Ushabti:195
3 ushabti

tombscorpion:85

Tombscorpion:85

Rare:255

catapult:90

Casket:165

Would auto-smite catapult, cast smiting on archers so total of 80 archer shots a turn with poison, it is pretty fun! Khalida's bound staff s nasty if it goes off (any casualties inflicted means that unit CAN NOT move at all next turn) and casket of course with staff of sorcery just for added magic defense and umph for magic phase. I figure archers will reform when enemy gets close and I'll just take the charge then flank charge with ushabti/chariots and if anything maybe run scorpions out front to divert charges and use carrion to march block.

any thoughts?

mortetvie
11-02-2009, 06:31
Aww, no comments?

Anyway, I was thinking if it would be better to have a TP with scorpion armor and gw and drop the LP with staff of sorcery, what do you guys thing? The extra magic would really help, perhaps, but the TP in scorpion armor really helps if I lose by 10 combat res or what not since skeleton archers are pretty much free combat res!

D.E.E. Tom
11-02-2009, 09:18
I guess it could work though I would not take the casket with all the MR out there at the moment there is very little chance you will get to use it anyway and your opponent will likely not even have to save DP to dispel it. use the point for some light cav of an extra chariot unit.

A TP is a good idea to put in one of your skeleton units, they will not last in combat on their own.

I would also like to know how you plan on having all your skeleton shoot? If they 're on a hill you still need to put them in 2 ranks and you need a lot space to do so and also fit the SSC and possibly the casket.

mortetvie
11-02-2009, 16:58
I'd just have them in a long line of 20, no hills needed. When enemy comes close just reform into ranks or reduce frontage and take the charge in which the ushabti/chariots will flank charge =).

I'm not the biggest fan of the casket myself but I've seen it do some amazing things so, who knows! In regards to mr units, you can deploy a line of archers blocking los to anything with mr which is an interesting tactic imo.

D.E.E. Tom
11-02-2009, 18:24
You would need at least two full turns to reform the complete unit, your models may only move 4 inch each during the reform don't they? Even if they could use double their movement it might not be possible. But I don't want to calculate that at the moment. Besides even if it is possible you can only reform to the center of the unit leaving a gaping hole in the middle between them (Or an exposed flank).