PDA

View Full Version : Forge World Death Guard

Ordo Malleus
09-02-2009, 00:55
Hi All,

I have a quick question about the Forge World Death Guard infantry kit for the regular Chaos Marines... the bodies in the FW kit look a little 'bloated', does this make them hard to assemble with Bolters, or is it fairly easy?

Also, does anyone have a painted version of one of the FW models, as they don't seem to show a painted one on there!

Thanks

Starfarer
09-02-2009, 02:37
Some of the torsos have bloated stomachs, which can make it a bit tricky with some of the CSM arms but they will fit. You can always cut the bolt pistols off boltpistol arms and attach a bolter and have chainswords or some other CCW in the other hand. On mine I used Skeleton warrior swords for plague swords because I thought it fit them a little better than chainswords. :)

Here's a few pics of some of my WIP models:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q15/lonestarcody/NewDeathGuard012.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q15/lonestarcody/DeathGuard015.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q15/lonestarcody/DeathGuard013-2.jpg

Hope that helps!

TheDarkDuke
09-02-2009, 06:49
As Cadaver has stated, some are a bit bloated but as CSM and DG marines have boltguns, bolt pistols and ccw's you can mix and match a squad all you want.

I have yet to assemble mine as I got them just as the weather turned sour so they are awaiting the warm weather before I prep and assemble them unfortunately.

Ordo Malleus
09-02-2009, 08:40
Cheers guys, Cadaver, I really like the colours that you've done your models in, if you don't mind me asking, how did you do it?

Thanks

Born Again
09-02-2009, 08:53
Useful knowledge to know. The models look awesome, I still can't believe how much better than the Citadel ones they are, and cant wait to get my hands on some myself.

Nice paint job, Cadaver.

Hankyaku
09-02-2009, 08:57
Pretty minis! That's why I alwas wanted to play Death Guard (but unfortunately I don't $$ :( ).

Baragash
09-02-2009, 09:09
I found them difficult to get the boltguns on so went BP&CCW apart from the 2 Plasma Gunners.

Starfarer
09-02-2009, 10:50
Cheers guys, Cadaver, I really like the colours that you've done your models in, if you don't mind me asking, how did you do it?

Thanks

It's pretty simple, really.

Prime Black

Catachan Green base coat

Drybrush Camo Green

Drybrush Rotting Flesh

Didi's Magic Ink Black:Green Mix about 4:1(the inks are available from thewarstore.com)

Drybrush Bleached Bone

Didi's Magic Ink Brown(two coats, second one thinned a little with some water)

Armor trim is Reaper Master Series Tarnished Brass with two coats of Devlan Mud.

I'll have a project log for my FW Death Guard up in the Sci-Fi Project Logs section soon, I just need to decide on a theme for the bases and get those painted. You can check out my older DG army in the link in my sig, if you like. Some of those models made it in to my new army with an updated paint scheme. The rest are scattered around the world to other gamers, spreading the destroyer plague and funding my new projects. :)