PDA

View Full Version : Is it about time Forgeworld made some themed Defilers?

Chem-Dog
09-02-2009, 01:34
Most of you will have seen this little baby (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/brassscorp.htm) at some point over the weekend, I was and I don't mind admitting that I was (and still am) blown away by it, I'm also extremely interested to see the equivalent vehicles for the other three Chaos Gods.

While reading this thread (http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182083) as is often the case with Forge World, cost came up which is when I was struck with the question, Why haven't FW released a Defiler (or two)? Which naturally leads me to the question:- Would you buy a FW Defiler?

I think this is a potentially awesome prospect, the Defiler Kit's certainly missing a few options and the FW dreadnought range has addressed a similar deficit for that vehicle, so it's not hard to imagine similar support for the Defiler.

Beyond the simple need for filling missing options there's a whole avenue of themed Defilers, ranging from simple add on parts, to conversion kits to entirely new kits (again, a precedent set by the Dreadnoughts), If you like the Brass Scorpion but can't stretch the budget, what about a Defiler sized Mini-me for it (or if you can, a whole gaggle of mini-me's to accompany it)?

Inquisitor_Ra
09-02-2009, 02:04
i agree. i think ill take 3 Thousand Son's themed defilers now. :D

Starfarer
09-02-2009, 02:42
While I definitely think it would be cool and I would most likely get one or two Nurgle themed ones if they made them, there are definitely some other things I'd like to see first.

Really I'd just be happy if they stopped making so many freaking IG tanks. Most of them are awesome but I think by now they have IG pretty damn well covered and could give ALL other races a little more attention. Although, Chaos does get alot of love from FW, so I really shouldn't complain! :p

maelstrom66669
09-02-2009, 03:32
Wow! that thing looks amazing, and while i never have bought anything from FW, Im sure they could come up with some awesome defilers.

Dictator
09-02-2009, 04:04
I think this is a great idea. All the different marks applied to defilers is just awesome. Perhaps they should release rule sets for them in the next codex. Defilers with constantly obscured for tzeetch anyone?

vladsimpaler
09-02-2009, 04:08
Really I'd just be happy if they stopped making so many freaking IG tanks. Most of them are awesome but I think by now they have IG pretty damn well covered and could give ALL other races a little more attention. Although, Chaos does get alot of love from FW, so I really shouldn't complain! :p

I definitely agree with this. When they come out with the Valdor or whatever it's called and that one tank with the twin Earthshakers, you know that they've run out of ideas.

Oh wait! Twin Valdor cannons! Whoops, just gave them an idea.:angel:

Vesica
09-02-2009, 04:46
While I definitely think it would be cool and I would most likely get one or two Nurgle themed ones if they made them, there are definitely some other things I'd like to see first.

Agreed, there is a fair few armies who need some more love, and some cool ideas they could do.

Ontopic:

Even though i dont play chaos, if the defilers looked cool enough i would pick one up.

I would however love to see FQ do some daemon princes.

Azhrarn
09-02-2009, 08:20
A couple of chaos god themed Soulgrinders would be nice too, so would the defilers tbh.

But perhaps we'll see some themed defiler hulls now that they've made what essentially is a larger defiler hull in the form of the Brass Scorpion.

The design on the leg armour of the scorp would look awesome on a soulgrinder in my opinion, especially with a more organic look of the rest of the design.

Inach
09-02-2009, 09:31
I would be very intrested in a couple of those nurgle defilers.
Even so for the soulgrinder!

Spacker
09-02-2009, 13:07
I was struck with the question, Why haven't FW released a Defiler (or two)?

FW is driven by it's scupltors - there are no defilers from FW simply because none of their sculptors have decided to do one.

Adeptus Mechanicus
09-02-2009, 13:33
THey should get of their asses and make Iron Hands bionic marines and of course, shoulderpads to at least all of the first foundings... so sick of Raven Guard and Iron Hands getting left behind *pouts*

arch_inquisitor
09-02-2009, 13:35
Even just a conversion kit would be sweet.

toymaker
09-02-2009, 14:10
I have my own Nurgle aspected Defiler, but I'd buy a FW one for Khorne and Nurgle in a heartbeat.

Levett
09-02-2009, 15:13
Its honestly not that hard to make your own version of a defiler. Give it some thought and get cracking, and you'll be suprised what you can come up with!! :)