PDA

View Full Version : Bretonnians 2k, all mounted vs. all comers.

EldarBishop
09-02-2009, 01:26
2000 Pts, All comers.

C&C please... thanks.

Bretonnian Lord @ 254 Pts
Grail Vow, Grail Shield, Morningstar of Fracasse, Virtue of Confidence, Gauntlet of the Duel

Paladin Battle Standard Bearer @ 124 Pts
Virtue of Duty, Sword of Might

Paladin @ 123 Pts
Lance, Virtue of the Impetuous Knight, Enchanted Shield

Damsel of the Lady @ 130 Pts
Level 1, Dispel Scroll (x 2)

[Lord and BSB go here]
7 Knights of the Realm @ 217 Pts
Full Command, War Banner

[Damsel]
8 Knights of the Realm @ 216 Pts
Full Command

[Paladin w/VotIK]
8 Knights Errant @ 201 Pts
Full Command, Errantry Banner

4 Pegasus Knights @ 230 Pts
Musician

5 Mounted Yeomen @ 87 Pts
Shield; Musician

5 Mounted Yeomen @ 87 Pts
Shield; Musician

5 Questing Knights @ 140 Pts

5 Grail Knights @ 190 Pts

Casting Pool: 3
Dispel Pool: 3
Models in Army: 51 (all mounted)

Total Army Cost: 1999

EldarBishop
10-02-2009, 02:53
bump...

35 views and no comments?

ewar
10-02-2009, 12:56
Nice list, very similar to my own. Personally I wouldn't bother with the command on the pegasus knights as its not worth giving away vps for the banner on what often turns into a sacrificial unit.

I'd really recommend getting the magic banner that lets you move through scenery as if ethereal for a turn. It can really catch an opponent by surprise if you march/charge your lance through a wood or impassable terrain - especially useful as that many lances will quickly trip over each other on a normal board.

Try and keep at least 4" between units, otherwise they cannot wheel effectively, and remember to declare your charges in a precise order, so that units that move first don't block a friends charge!

One last thing, I can really recommend taking the falcon horn of fredemund for your list. Flying monsters will rip you a new one (dragons, thirsters etc) so the horn can catch them off guard. You advance aggressively, use the horn so they're stuck with ground movement for a turn (preferably march blocked with peg knights/yeomen) which allows your lances to get a full frontal charge to smash them up (preferably the errants as they're ItP and S6).

Good luck!

EldarBishop
10-02-2009, 13:43
Edited list above: Dropped the Questing and Pegasus Standards since they will either a) be lost or b) used to double team along with a unit that already has a standard. This allowed me to add in the 5th Grail Knight.

I've never had any issue with 3-4 lances in a game... but yea, more then that gets difficult.

I'll have to think about the horn... I've never really had issues with large monsters in the past, though I usually don't see too many either.