PDA

View Full Version : WoC Chariots of the BLOOD GOD!

Dageo
09-02-2009, 06:28
How come no one uses chariots? I understand the whole "scared of S7+" and "cannot march" thing, but against a lot of opponents they'd be pretty good. It gets 1d6+1 impact hits, plus 4 S5 attacks from the warriors halberds) and 2 S4 attacks from the steeds, that's a possible 13 attacks.

If you slap the mark of Khorne on it, it will be 150 points (which is starting to sound more pricey as I'm typing this). But then it gets the d6+1 S5 impact hits, 6 S5 attacks from the warriors and 4 S4 from the horses, that's a maximum of 17 attacks (nearly half of which auto hit).

If anyone uses chariots out there, what are your experiences with them (and, if you've done it, the MoK). And since as a mount it doesn't count as a special, does anyone use it for that? (once again the fragile thing might be an issue).

Skyldig
09-02-2009, 06:34
Well, people that hasn't used them will always cry "don't take Khorne, they will end up in terrain!". Of course, they're forgetting that you as a player could deploy them well away from such terrain, screen them or charge another target, heh.

Anyway, I like chariots. They're very good at dealing it out. But I prefer the other marks simply because Khorne is the only one that you can't flee with. And if you can't flee, you've to be overly cautious about using it since it's not much good if it's charged.

Djekar
09-02-2009, 07:38
I really like chariots, and they are starting to sound pretty good in my lists because honestly I run out of deployment space really fast because I run a Warrior Heavy list. I haven't included them yet because I don't own any models! I am debating proxying my Boar Chariots as some Slaanesh Chariots (so they can be sure to get the charge as someone pointed out to me not too long ago in another thread) in my next game. Lots of damage and a small frontage is great for my particular army.

They are great to use as support of a melee heavy force, and honestly MoK wouldn't be bad on them. It's just that some of the other marks (MoS IMO) are a little more cost effective, but don't let that deter you. Follow your dreams!

~Sink

Braad
09-02-2009, 08:07
I had one impacting my boyz just yesterday. They only marginally held, as the general could not fight.
Sadly for him, the next he could, and the battleaxe of the last WAAAGH provided for 4 S7 wounds...
However, rolling 1 higher then I did on my leadership would have seen me running after the charge, so it was a bit of luck.

Anyway, I still got utterly massacred, so it didn't matter that much. Annoying warriors...

grhino
09-02-2009, 10:52
I think chariots are great! With WoC you can play the hammer and the anvil against combat & fast armies, and in this case it works briliantly. Downsides are the S7 hits: a cannon will always target your chariot when possible, because it is very cost/profit effective. Don't let this deter you though... They are nearly impossible to destroy with other weapons. I nearly always take one or two chariots, just because I like 'em.

reikhardt
09-02-2009, 13:51
I always play with a khorne chariot against VC, but I also put an exalted on it.It can get through almost anything in their armies,I remember having smashed a unit of 20 skeletons in the flank.No ,they did'nt all (re)died on the first turn, but the MoK ensured that the chariot was still effective on the subsequent turns.

Wulfrik
09-02-2009, 15:09
I like chariots as well. I'm not as much of a fan of the Khorne ones, simply because my opponent can try to sacrifice a 60-80 pt unit so that when the chariot overruns them (or catches them fleeing) it runs through/into terrain. I've usually run mine as Nurgle, either with or without a character in it.

Great against High Elves with the impact hits, not as good against empire/dwarves with that whole cannon thing, against everyone else still usually worth its points. Last game I played it in it did some nasty things to a unit of Kroxigors (he was still using the old lizardman book)

vinny t
09-02-2009, 16:00
I use a chariot with Khorne in any army 750 points and over. They are absolutely brilliant for their point cost. Daemonettes, dead. ASF Helves, dead. They are awesome!

untimention
09-02-2009, 16:47
I dont think people hate them, just worry... you can worry about anything. Same as Chosen.

Chariots are great, i have one in my all mounted list. I have taken out MOK as you charge or get charged by a cheap unit, get outnumbered leg it far away and loose frenzy so no more extra attacks.

I also have another chariot that i will be mounting a Hero in.

Very silly question here, does chariot give +2 to your save?

Chariot D6+1 + horses + 1 Crew + Hero = basic of 5 attacked + min 4 for hero + D6.. could be looking at 16 attacks plus anything magic that increases your hero.

beware of fire... BOOM HIT and you can loose 230pts +

Disciple of Caliban
09-02-2009, 19:18
I think they're pretty useful in infantry forces, since they can comfortably keep up with your marching troops, and can get in combination charges. Most things will break if charged by a ranked unit and a chariot.

In my opinion however, they become less useful if your running a largely mounted list. The inability to march means they struggle to keep up with faster moving troops, and so often get left on their own to be charged by some poxy fast cav.

They do make great models though, so i think most forces should include one as a cool mount for a hero :)

Axis
09-02-2009, 22:33
I take a slaanesh chariot. I don't like frenzied chariots, it just seems a waste to me a non-frenzied one does the job anyway. I also find that putting a character in it is too expensive for the additional damage. After all it is only an extra 2 attacks usually (since he replaces a crew memeber)...

My experience so far is that i'm pissed off that the back warrior fell off.

No, seriously, my chariot hasn't done much against empire (against 3 cannons, i didn't expect it too). The last game against lizardmen my opponent spent a lot of effort trying to kill it so whilst it didn't kill anything it did act as a magnet.

The reason that my mate always tries to kill it is because it has done brilliantly in other games wiping out a 20 strong regiment of saurus and holding up a big unit of daemonettes with a herald.

Neknoh
09-02-2009, 23:40
Frenzy on a character in a chariot gives 4 extra attacks

one to the character (making for five usually), one for the warrior (making it three for him), one each for the horses (total two extra, making four).

That is 8 strength 5 attacks and 4 strength 4 attacks in addition to the D6+1 strength 5 impact hits.

The problem is that chariots seldom find their way into my armies due to points and model availabillity.

Kalec
09-02-2009, 23:44
You need to take at least two chariots, especially if you give them the mark of khorne. Two are much harder to keep away from combat then one.

They work best with infantry because M7 keeps up with M4 marching blocks and their accompanying spawn nicely. Thing is, infantry-based lists are out of favor, so chariots are too.