PDA

View Full Version : crazy baneblade

genestealer_baldric
09-02-2009, 10:33
looking at the new bane blade kit thats comming out i felt the instant need to do an orky version.

my idea is to have 4 guns on it, take off a structure point and make it at least 200 points more than the most expensive imperial version.

The idea is to declare your target, then the enemy rolls a d6 to determin what the mek inside managed to get working. this is still resoveld at the normal ork BS and they fire the diced weapon .

eg. possible d6 outcomes

1. crunch summits gone wrong and suffers crew shaken result while Mek trys to fix it
2. mega bolter
3. volcano cannon
4. plasma cannon
5. normal banebalde cannon
6. BOOM it fires 2 of its wepons but cannot fire nxt round as its cooling down/reloading

anyways this is a fun idea any C&C would be welcome but be kind :)

ankara halla
09-02-2009, 10:39
Well, I really like your idea at face value, but several super heavy weapons on a single BB chassis is a bit much IMO.

Why not alter it by it having one orky-mega-boom-blasta kinda thing, a couple if different guns that spit out slightly lesser dakka and keep options 1 and 6 (with 6 being it fires a couple of the lesser dakka guns instead of just one). To compensate, you might make the mega-boom gun a truly horrifying weapon. With it having only a 1/6 chance of going off would balance it out, while giving it that fun orky randomness.

Or maybe, give the mega-boom weapon two different profiles, depending on what you throw on the table? (representing the wonky nature of the ammunition of something).

But yes, I really like the idea.

buzz631
09-02-2009, 10:56
to me it sounds like a typical ork vehicle may less super heavy weapons but the idea of it sounds good i would like to dee it in a game to see how it plays

genestealer_baldric
09-02-2009, 14:10
Well, I really like your idea at face value, but several super heavy weapons on a single BB chassis is a bit much IMO.

Why not alter it by it having one orky-mega-boom-blasta kinda thing, a couple if different guns that spit out slightly lesser dakka and keep options 1 and 6 (with 6 being it fires a couple of the lesser dakka guns instead of just one). To compensate, you might make the mega-boom gun a truly horrifying weapon. With it having only a 1/6 chance of going off would balance it out, while giving it that fun orky randomness.

Or maybe, give the mega-boom weapon two different profiles, depending on what you throw on the table? (representing the wonky nature of the ammunition of something).

But yes, I really like the idea.

yeah fair point 4 superheavy weapons may be a bit extream on a single baneblade chassis i like the idea of having instead of 4 wepons 1 super cannon of doom maybe like a giant shock attack gun.

how about these options

750 points armour 14 front, sides and 13 on rear and 1 structure point.

4 twin linked deffguns as sponsons

1. Krunch summits gone wrong and suffers crew shaken result while Mek trys to fix it

2. Oh look at dat the mek gets carried away trying to get into the fight and moves ahead at full possible speed directly towards the biggest visable enemy tank/super heavy tank shocking all its way freind and foe alike

3. the sight of the orky contrapion tearing towards battle line causes a great sense of orky ness to manifest and causes a Waaaaaggghh whilst firring all sponsons twice.

4.fires 2d6 str 9 rockets

5.Dakka Dakka same shooting stats as a vulcan mega bolter

6. BOOOOMM the mek has hit summit just right and creats a 10" hole into the warp appear treat it like a vortex grenade resolved at the target. may not shoot again nxt turn.

Chem-Dog
09-02-2009, 16:29
Simple answer is give it a single Primary weapon (like any of the Imperial tanks you're building it out of) and a variable stat based on the roll of a dice. same rules but 1 gun instead of four.

Of course, modelling wise, it could be four 'Ooge guns strapped together ;)

starlight
09-02-2009, 16:45
I'd actually play the first version before I'd play the second.

Darnok
09-02-2009, 18:26
I'd like to ask why you need new rules for a "crazy Baneblade" for Orks.

There is the Skullhamma datasheet, which is the perfect match for anything you could model from the Shadowsword kit. In comparison to the original Baneblade it even comes with a crew compartment, making the "transport WYSIWYG" part so much easier. If you are into modelling a great orky supertank, start with the Shadowsword and use the Skullhamma rules - a perfect match in my opinion.

If you instead are just looking for a justification for some crazy OTT rules, I'd rather leave the room shaking my head.

Faddlevins
09-02-2009, 18:49
Even if it's reallllly good offensively 750 pts for 1 structure point? That tank will never ever live past turn 1.

ankara halla
09-02-2009, 18:55
yeah fair point 4 superheavy weapons may be a bit extream on a single baneblade chassis i like the idea of having instead of 4 wepons 1 super cannon of doom maybe like a giant shock attack gun.

how about these options

750 points armour 14 front, sides and 13 on rear and 1 structure point.

4 twin linked deffguns as sponsons

1. Krunch summits gone wrong and suffers crew shaken result while Mek trys to fix it

2. Oh look at dat the mek gets carried away trying to get into the fight and moves ahead at full possible speed directly towards the biggest visable enemy tank/super heavy tank shocking all its way freind and foe alike

3. the sight of the orky contrapion tearing towards battle line causes a great sense of orky ness to manifest and causes a Waaaaaggghh whilst firring all sponsons twice.

4.fires 2d6 str 9 rockets

5.Dakka Dakka same shooting stats as a vulcan mega bolter

6. BOOOOMM the mek has hit summit just right and creats a 10" hole into the warp appear treat it like a vortex grenade resolved at the target. may not shoot again nxt turn.

Well, I like this better than the first proposal. Still seems like an awfully lot of firepower, but for it's points cost and survivability, I'd be happy to play against it in Apoc :)

My only suggestion would be, to add somekind of a scatter effect to the vortex blast thing (which is really powerful). Maybe D6-BS if it hits (giving it a chance not to scatter at all, and even then not much at worst), and 2D6 if it misses.

ChaplainVarnus
09-02-2009, 19:01
Maybe summit like...

Supa-Boomgun
Str AP Type
2D6* D6 Assualt 8
Special:
The Supa-Boomgun may use special frag ammunition, causing it to effectively fire twice as many shots. This means that the weapon fires double the shots, but the vehicle takes a penetrating hit as the dangerously unstable munitions creates a recoil the size of an earthquake.

*10 max.

Laser guided fanatic
09-02-2009, 20:28
Maybe summit like...

Supa-Boomgun
Str AP Type
2D6* D6 Assualt 8
Special:
The Supa-Boomgun may use special frag ammunition, causing it to effectively fire twice as many shots. This means that the weapon fires double the shots, but the vehicle takes a penetrating hit as the dangerously unstable munitions creates a recoil the size of an earthquake.

*10 max.
That's way to underpowerd for a superheavy weapon.

I like the OP's first idea because it isn't OP he can only fire 1 wep per turn, and he might not fire anything.

genestealer_baldric
09-02-2009, 21:20
fair comments so far,

I was thinking using the 1st idea on a 6 instead of firing two diffrent weapons the ork player can shoot twice with 1 weapon of his choice. The weapon used cant be fired in the nxt shooting phase if he rolls that weapon re-roll till another result is reached.

yeah normal scatter rules would apply for idea 2 No 6

The reason iam thinking of not using the skull hammer is that its not ork level of randomness for me, ;)

Yeah its surviablity does seem a bit low but i think if it was any higher it would make this unit compleatley overpowerd, i supose on its final pentrating hit it would react like the ork trukk the more random the unit the better :)

Murrithius
09-02-2009, 21:48
I'd like to ask why you need new rules for a "crazy Baneblade" for Orks.

If you instead are just looking for a justification for some crazy OTT rules, I'd rather leave the room shaking my head.

For your first comment, why not? GW have provided a downloadable blank datasheet for a reason.

As for your second comment, not very encouraging for people coming up with their own ideas to vary the game a bit is it?

Hobo, I'd go with 2 structure points. A bit more survivable then, and it's not instantly a bomb waiting to go off in your deployment zone!:D

Norsehawk
09-02-2009, 21:48
I think if you roll the one if you add a penetrating hit to the other penalties, it would balance a bit better.

Darnok
09-02-2009, 22:04
For your first comment, why not? GW have provided a downloadable blank datasheet for a reason.

As for your second comment, not very encouraging for people coming up with their own ideas to vary the game a bit is it?

Maybe I'm just too deeply rooted in the modelling aspect of the hobby, I don't know. For me, Apocalypse is a chance to stretch the cinematic muscles of 40K, a way to make it awesome on the visual levels. Lots of models, crazy conversions, well painted masses. I don't really care for the rules that much. So my natural reaction to a thread like this is "why?" and not necessarily "why not?".

Of course there is nothing wrong with coming up with a funky new datasheet. But at least for me it should be a means to get a great model onto the table, not to have rules for rules sake. So why is there a need to expand it beyond the existing rules? The OPs mention of "not random enough for my tastes" is a bit weird, but why not. Again, I would first ask for his Shock Attack Gun battery, because that should be enough randomness for any Ork, bet meh...

In the end, it is up to the OP and the people he/she is playing. I just add my comments, the final decision is up to others, and I'm fine with it either way. :)

genestealer_baldric
09-02-2009, 22:13
i would like to give it 2 structure points so it last longer than 1st anti tank that looks at it, but wouldnt that make it overpowerd for the 700 points mark. Would you reckon that would be acceptable down the club muzz?

yeah that comment was a bit harsh but i surpose thats there feelings, and hey ho iam probally not going to play them with it anyway :)

anways would people consider a fair tank for points and weapon layout?

Col. Tartleton
09-02-2009, 22:50
I like the concept of a Mek getting his mitts on a bane blade and thinking

"I loiks da dakka, oi I do very moich so, but in da scheme of tings, I is of da perswazion dat it don't hav enuff of da dakka. Thois I hav formoolated the idea dat we da orks moddify it inta sumtin a bit mor funkshional and atach sum tig ol' boomas on it for goid meazur."

I mean what ork wouldn't have a lightly armed tank covered in obnoxiously sized guns and a rocket engine stuck to the back labeled "In the Case of Emergency Press the Large Red Button"

Roll 2 D6:

2 "Da Dilithium Cwystals is Unstabel! We's All Gon Die!": Superheavy Explosion
3-4 "Chew 'Em Up Wit Mo' Dakka" : Vulcan Mega Bolters
5-6 "Giv 'Em Da Big 'Un": Volcano Cannon
7-8 "Wake 'Em Up": Baneblade Cannon
9-10 "Waaargh! BURNEY DANCE": Plasma Cannon
11 "Wong Buttin Ya Thieving Jack Squig!" Roll again and resolve result against friendly unit.
12 "Dear Gork, We's ****ed Weel Gud Dis Time" Fire All Weapons normally, followed by Superheavy Explosion

genestealer_baldric
10-02-2009, 07:58

"I loiks da dakka, oi I do very moich so, but in da scheme of tings, I is of da perswazion dat it don't hav enuff of da dakka. Thois I hav formoolated the idea dat we da orks moddify it inta sumtin a bit mor funkshional and atach sum tig ol' boomas on it for goid meazur."

I mean what ork wouldn't have a lightly armed tank covered in obnoxiously sized guns and a rocket engine stuck to the back labeled "In the Case of Emergency Press the Large Red Button"

Roll 2 D6:

11 "Wong Buttin Ya Thieving Jack Squig!" Roll again and resolve result against friendly unit.
12 "Dear Gork, We's ****ed Weel Gud Dis Time" Fire All Weapons normally, followed by Superheavy Explosion

reading this made me smile :) gd to hear there are meks out there who like big random ork machines

i would swap 11 and 3-4 and can fire the vulcan twice, i think 11 and 12 should be good orky. May be reduce the super heavy explosion on 12 to crew shaken or stuned.

Remoah
10-02-2009, 08:03
4 guns on a tank sounds AWESOME.
Truly, it's Orks, if they can fit a single-shot plasma blastgun on a leman russ chassis with a 70% chance of blowing up... well by-damn they'll be riding modded russes all day.

I'd be more concenred on how to model it than how to play it!

genestealer_baldric
10-02-2009, 09:30
yeah the modling would be the fun point so that all the guns can atually shoot with line of fire etc..

i was thinking i would have two where the turret cuurentley is and have two mounted either on the side where the sponsons are or on top of where the tracks are.

Darnok
10-02-2009, 11:47
Don't forget that even though the Shadowsword kit comes with the parts for six different gun versions, it does not come with the parts to build all of them at the same time. You get the Vulcan Mega Bolter, and different parts that allow you to build the other gun variants, depending on what combination of parts you use. Even with the use of extra plastic tubes it might be tricky to actually model more than two or three of those guns with only one box.

genestealer_baldric
10-02-2009, 15:31
Well thats the great thing with orks, if all else fail bodge it, if it fails again bodge it some more, if it fails again get angry hit it with a hammer and kick a gretchin for luck :)

i thought it came with one turret section which all the diffrent cannons fit into ?

Buttlerthepug
03-03-2009, 05:19
it does. but what hes saying is this. you get the vulcan mega gun. then you get the shadowswod gun (flip it around and u get the other long tube gun) then u get a smaller fatter gun (flip it around you get another. flip it back forwards and add a piece and u get a 3rd) i was bummed to hear this. as i was going to use the 3 smaller guns for stompa belly guns. so you can only make 3 guns out of the things altho without glueing you can swap in and out..... just look at the sprue pics. truly sadening

starlight
03-03-2009, 05:38

Roll 2 D6:

Now *THAT* I would look forward to playing against. :D

...or having one...or three...of my own...:angel: