PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Forest Goblins....

Time of Madness
09-02-2009, 16:02
BECAUSE I CAN!

CHARACTERS

Goblin Warboss (general)
- Gigantic Spider
- Martog's best basha
- Armour of Gork
- Amluet of protectyness
= 195pts

Goblin Big boss (bsb)
- Gigantic Spider
- Collar of Zorga
- Light armour
- Sneaky Skewerer
- Tricksy trinket
= 142pts

Goblin Shaman
- Spider chariot
- Level 1
- 2 Dispel Scrolls
= 165pts

Goblin Shaman
- Spider chariot
- Level 1
- 1 Dispel Scroll
- Brimstone Baubles
= 165pts

CORE

13 Spider Riders
***General Here***
-Full Command
= 199pts

13 Spider Riders
***BSB Here***
-Full Command
= 199pts

5 Spider Riders
- Bows
= 70pts

5 Spider Riders
- Bows
= 70pts

5 Spider Riders
- Bows
= 70pts

5 Spider Riders
- Bows
= 70pts

SPECIAL

4 Spider Chariots
= 240pts

RARE

2 GIANT spiders
= 410pts

TOTAL POINTS = 1995pts

Casting dice - 4
Dispel dice - 4 + 3 scrolls
Models in army - 60

Well there you have it. The whole army moves fairly quick and hits hard (for goblins anyways).

The plan is to use the 4 smaller units of spiders as flankers/diverters/re-directors/baiters etc. The 2 main blocks will be together and supported on either side by the giants. The chariots will just try to hit hard when they can.

One potential change I have debated is taking the bows off my small units of spiders and replacing them with musicians. Might be worthwhile for attempting to rally, and I'm not sure the bows will add a whole lot to the list.

Time of Madness

RossS
09-02-2009, 17:39
5 strength 3 bow shots (per unit) will never do anything. Scrap 'em. Goblin archery only works if taken in truly massive amounts.

Time of Madness
09-02-2009, 23:32
Ya I think you are right. I'll drop all the bows for a musician in each unit of 5 riders. That costs 1 more pt over the bows bringing my total up to 1999pts.
Time of Madness

D.E.E. Tom
10-02-2009, 08:04
I love the list. If you modeled the Chariots with Spiders and the Giant Spiders the army looks most likely fantastic. I'm not going to debate effectiveness in a tournament but for normal play it is fun list to play with/against as long as your opponent doesn't go shooty.