- one additional handler
- 155 points

1 Ancient Stegadon
- 275 points

Total - 2250 on the button.

Thoughts?

JRD4
09-02-2009, 19:55
Drop the pendant on the Oldblood. He's gonna get frenzy anyway. Swap it for the burning blade (same pts and extra -2 save and flaming very good for 20pts). Make your priest a lvl two for the diadem because he can only use "his own power dice" to convert to dispell dice. For pts for this I'd make both saurus blocks 6x3 one 17man with bsb other 18 man. You lose a rank, but will gain 4 extra attacks which should make up for rank anyways and its less points. Other than that it looks good.

Emissary
09-02-2009, 20:57
Also, for a few extra points you can mount your skink priest on the stegadon and get the EotG. I certainly think it would be an upgrade.

Also, get either a shield or great weapon on that bsb.

Master Stark
10-02-2009, 01:15
Also, for a few extra points you can mount your skink priest on the stegadon and get the EotG. I certainly think it would be an upgrade.

Wow, I didn't even realise an extra 15 points would get me so much!

Totally worth it.

Also, get either a shield or great weapon on that bsb.

I don't know what I was thinking, but for some reason I was under the impression that BSBs couldn't take shields or two handed weapons.

Emissary
10-02-2009, 11:38
I don't know what I was thinking, but for some reason I was under the impression that BSBs couldn't take shields or two handed weapons.

It used to be that way, but it changed with the high elf book. Ever since then BSB have been able to use great weapons and shields while carrying it around.

Master Stark
10-02-2009, 14:45
Ok, here's the revised list:

Old Blood
- Sword of Might
- Enchanted Shield
- Light armour
- Carnosaur
- 455 points
Change: Taken away the spear and the carnosaur pendant, and given him the Blade of Realities.

Scar Veteran
- Battle Standard Bearer
- War Banner
- Light Armour
- Shield
- 143 points
Change: Sheild added for extra protection. 2+ save in combat, T5 and a champion to challenge out characters should see him live past the first round of combat at least!

Skink Priest
- Level one
- Diadem of Power
- Engine of the Gods
- 380 points
Change: I've taken the Ancient Stegadon from the rares choice and made him into an Engine of the gods. For fifteen points, I'd be happy with just an extra dispell dice. The extra goodies from the Engine itself are just gravy, as far as I'm concerned.

12 Skink Skirmishers with Blowpipes
- 84 points

12 Skink Skirmishers with Blowpipes
- 84 points
Change: One unit of skinks dropped, and two added to each of the remaining units. Purely to trim points.

19 Saurus Warriors
- Spears
- Full Command
- 258 points

20 Saurus Warriors
- Full Command
- 250 points

8 Chameleon Skinks
- 96 points
Change: Dropped the champion in this unit, purely to trim points.

6 Saurus Cavalry
- Full Command
- 260 points

3 Terradons
- 90 points

2 Salamanders
- 150 points

Total - 2250 on the button.

Over-all Change: I think this list has managed to keep the things I wanted from the first list, but has improved quite a bit. For only the loss of a handful of skinks, I've increased my skinks level, gained an engine of the gods, got the excellent BoR on my Oldblood and increased the armour save of my BSB.

Thanks for the input guys, it's really helped!

Emissary
10-02-2009, 16:46
Overall, it looks good, but here are some observations:

Old Blood
- Sword of Might
- Enchanted Shield
- Light armour
- Carnosaur
- 455 points
Change: Taken away the spear and the carnosaur pendant, and given him the Blade of Realities.
You still have the sword of might listed

Skink Priest
- Level one
- Diadem of Power
- Engine of the Gods
- 380 points
I may be remembering this wrong, but I think the EotG makes the priest 1 level higher, so to get the extra dispel dice he needs to be level 2 to start. I won't be able to check till I get home.

Also, I like using the saurus in blocks of 6x3 rather then 5x4 or 5x3. The reason is to get the extra 4 attacks. In a 5 wide block, if you lose 1 guy you lose the rank bonus while in a 6 wide block you have to lose 2 guys. The extra 4 attacks should yield at least a wound which makes up the 1CR you lost by having only 2 ranks.

Buddha777
10-02-2009, 17:10
Your EotG is 405pts currently.

Roxors45
10-02-2009, 17:40
Overall, it looks good, but here are some observations:

::snip::

I may be remembering this wrong, but I think the EotG makes the priest 1 level higher, so to get the extra dispel dice he needs to be level 2 to start. I won't be able to check till I get home.

You're right, the engine makes him (priest) generate power and dispel dice based upon his level+1. I assume the OP will be generating 2 (level 1 + Engine level increase) POWER dice and throwing them into his Diadem to use on his dispel phase.

The next poster (Buddha777?) totalled the Priest at 405 pts when in fact he is 380 like the OP said.

Priest- 65
Diadem-25
Engine-290

Emissary
10-02-2009, 18:30
I assume the OP will be generating 2 (level 1 + Engine level increase) POWER dice and throwing them into his Diadem to use on his dispel phase.

Right I was basing my thoughts off him mentioning getting the extra dispel dice.

vamp
10-02-2009, 19:35
Heysus you got a ton of troops. You sure you did the math right?

I've tried several times to make up a 2250 VC list and the numbers never even came close to the amount your wielding.

Did you skimp on the equipment and magical items and get alot of filler troops? How did you get so many? Are the lizzies just that cheap?

Emissary
10-02-2009, 19:39
points look good to me.

Lotl Botl
11-02-2009, 04:33
we can't put more models on the the table then what we started off with, so maybe not cheap just different :p