PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen deathstar lists

Disciple of Caliban
09-02-2009, 20:10
I'm just wondering how long people think it will be before the new lizardmen join the ever increasing trend of putting out a serious deathstar list.

On the face of it they seem very capable of it:

Cheap core units so you can get your 3 units in without risking your opponent scoring a win just by killing them.
Plenty of SCs and items that protect and entire unit.

It seems pretty feasible that the lizzies could make a mean deathstar list based around 3 units of skinks (or even MSU saurus), and an uber unit of Temple guard joined by a Slann and a couple of scar vets (possibly including one of both of the saurus SCs).

Any thoughts on this matter?

Also, on a slightly related note, anyone encountered an Archaon deathstar? I've been pondering the idea a bit (in no small way as an excuse to field a buttload of chaos knights). A giant, character packed unit of chaos knights, supported by 3 units of marauder horseman, to help out a bit, and fill those pesky core choices :)

Nicha11
09-02-2009, 20:58
This the deathstar I field

Slann, fully upgraded

Tetto'ekko

Chakax

21 Temple Guard full command

comes to around 1300pts

Neckutter
09-02-2009, 21:20
my old army was a deathstar. :)

slann 2nd gen, bsb, fear banner
32 temple guard, war banner 6 wide, 6 deep

12 skinks, scout, blowpipes
12 skinks, scout, jav+sh
12 skinks, scout, jav+sh
skink priest, scout LvL 2
skink priest, scout LvL 2
3 salamanders
2000 points. :)

the best part about it, is that the army looked amazing. 3 army placements was awesome as well, i always got +1 to the dice roll to go first. amazing comp because half the points were in core.

Staurikosaurus
10-02-2009, 00:28
This is my current death star army

Slann with Focus of Mystery, Focused Rumination, Becalming Cogitation, Higher State of Consciousness, Cupped Hands of the Old Ones, Dispel Scroll, Battle Standard Bearer, Plaque of Dominion in a unit of Temple Guard with full command and Warbanner

Priest on Engine with plaque of tepok

Priest on Engine with curse charm of tepok

Scar Vet with hide of the cold ones, great weapon and shield

3 units of 10 ranked skinks

1995 pts

Neckutter
10-02-2009, 00:50
0 comp score. :)

darkace77450
10-02-2009, 01:25
Is there a size limitation on how big a unit of terradons can be?

Neckutter
10-02-2009, 02:16
3+ so you could have a minimum of 3 and a maximum of infinity. :P

darkace77450
10-02-2009, 02:21
3+ so you could have a minimum of 3 and a maximum of infinity. :P

Then the million dollar answer is:

3 minimum sized units of skink skirmishers,
terradon special character,
skink priests with dispel scrolls and magic protection items,
one giant unit of terradons

LaughinGremlin
10-02-2009, 02:39
It sounds fun until an angry Empire opponent takes a orb of thunder and makes all the terradons crawl on the ground. (4+ bound spell item/remains in play)

blueon462
10-02-2009, 02:43
Its all about 7 stegadons.

Neckutter
10-02-2009, 05:15

i have an old friend who wants to play me with his "new 6 stegadon armylist". should be exciting. i hope my DE can do well against the terror casuing meanies.

and if someone actually brought the skink terradon rider character with a bunch of terradon units, i would totally be astounded. i dont know if they could win a game, but it would be funny.

ChaosVC
10-02-2009, 08:22
I was thinking Slan with 20 temple guards joined by 2 EOTG screened by skinks and flanked by 2 small kinks unit on each side and razadon supporting. Charged or be charged, you still have 2d6 strenght 4 no armour save, strenght 5 if undead of demons. Very star wars:chrome:

The Red Scourge
10-02-2009, 08:49
...anyone encountered an Archaon deathstar? I've been pondering the idea a bit (in no small way as an excuse to field a buttload of chaos knights). A giant, character packed unit of chaos knights, supported by 3 units of marauder horseman, to help out a bit, and fill those pesky core choices :)

Archaon is a decent deathstar by himself – especially if there's a BSB with Banner of the Gods in the vicinity. Add units of knights to outflank enemy deathstars, and then even blood knights should be in trouble :evilgrin:

Orcboy_Phil
10-02-2009, 10:25

How do you fit that many Stegadons into a list. I can't seem to fit my six. :cries:

Disciple of Caliban
10-02-2009, 10:59
^^ I'm curious about that to. I can get 6 into a list (though i wouldnt field such a force, not my cup of tea), but cant see a way of getting 7 into a 2k list (obviously, if you play at a higher points level then that explains it)

darkace77450
10-02-2009, 15:14
It sounds fun until an angry Empire opponent takes a orb of thunder and makes all the terradons crawl on the ground. (4+ bound spell item/remains in play)

A 4+ bound spell is easy enough to dispel. And think of all the impact hits this unit would do the first time it charged an enemy deathstar unit.

Dokushin
10-02-2009, 15:36
I haven't actually fielded a 7 steg list but here's one for the people that keep asking, lol:

---- Stegadon Hunting Pack:
60 10 Skinks
60 10 Skinks
60 10 Skinks
235 Stegadon
235 Stegadon
235 Stegadon
235 Stegadon
275 Ancient Stegadon
275 Ancient Stegadon
55 Skink Chief
275 w/ Ancient Stegadon
----
2000 Total

Marshal Sinclair
10-02-2009, 16:00
I am almost scared to ask, but what is a Deathstar list? A list that is knackered if it comes up against a sweaty teenager?

Gork or Possibly Mork
10-02-2009, 16:13
@Marshal Sinclair Deathstar is another name for the biggest nastiest uber unit you can make.
It's basically a "All eggs in one basket" trick mostly used by power gamers.

Not that anybodies power gaming here just saying. I can be fun if you and your opponent agree before hand to each have one but otherwise it can be a boring game IMO.

Marshal Sinclair
10-02-2009, 16:15
Oh, right. I prefer my version. :D

Griefbringer
10-02-2009, 16:35
@Marshal Sinclair Deathstar is another name for the biggest nastiest uber unit you can make.
It's basically a "All eggs in one basket" trick mostly used by power gamers.

Not that anybodies power gaming here just saying. I can be fun if you and your opponent agree before hand to each have one but otherwise it can be a boring game IMO.

The problem with such lists being that the survival or demise of the uber-unit can become the focus of the game - which can be interesting sometimes, but can get really old.

However, for a proper Deathstar list, I think some theming should go for the models too:

- Slann should wear enormous shiny black helmet and a black cloak
- Accompanying temple guard should be albinoes, with some parts of armour painted in black (they should also roll lots of ones for to-hit rolls)
- Terradons should be presented by arcane pieces of flying machinery piloted by albino skinks
- Stegadons should have very long legs with roundish feet and enclosed howdah

Besides, the whole army should be massively vulnerable to small, rotund creatures dwelling in primeval forests.

xragg
10-02-2009, 16:44
Then the million dollar answer is:

3 minimum sized units of skink skirmishers,
terradon special character,
skink priests with dispel scrolls and magic protection items,
one giant unit of terradons

-stormbanner-

darkace77450
10-02-2009, 16:59
-stormbanner-

How many people actually have this in their army list? Be honest now.

xragg
10-02-2009, 17:08
Probally as many people who run a unit of 40+ terradons.

Marshal Sinclair
10-02-2009, 17:22
How about a unit of 16 Slaanesh Chosen with Sigvald, and a BSB. You're looking at a unit worth upwards of 1000 points, but the only way to stop it is to annihilate it utterly.

dwarfhold13
10-02-2009, 17:30
has anyone here seen the all steggy army in the works yet?
it seems like it would be great on a charge, but just out badly numbered

also.. i'm still trying to figure out what EoTG stands for.. i'm sure its something simple, i just can't figure it out

i think anyone who uses a super slann, in a decent sized unit of temple guard with chakax has a deathstar army.. especially if you do it with lord kroak.. who is only 75 pts. more expensive than a fully decked out slann

Kornath
10-02-2009, 17:45
also.. i'm still trying to figure out what EoTG stands for.. i'm sure its something simple, i just can't figure it out

Engine of the Gods (lizardmen)

Eye of the Gods (Warriors of Chaos)

Kornath

darkace77450
10-02-2009, 17:47
How about a unit of 16 Slaanesh Chosen with Sigvald, and a BSB. You're looking at a unit worth upwards of 1000 points, but the only way to stop it is to annihilate it utterly.

It isn't just about the cost of the unit, but how effective it is. 16 warriors would be vulnerable to shooting or magic, etc.

W0lf
10-02-2009, 17:53

Thats a terrible unit. Aside from being stubborn Sigvalds actually pretty weak.

that units so incredibly easy to redirect/shoot its not funny.

dwarfhold13
10-02-2009, 17:58
Engine of the Gods (lizardmen)

Eye of the Gods (Warriors of Chaos)

Kornath

whoa! i'm a ******* idiot... i guess that confirms what i've been saying.. the best hiding place is in plain site

Kornath
10-02-2009, 18:01
It isn't just about the cost of the unit, but how effective it is. 16 warriors would be vulnerable to shooting or magic, etc.

Because nothing else is vulnerable to shooting or magic :confused:

Kornath

darkace77450
10-02-2009, 18:02
Because nothing else is vulnerable to shooting or magic :confused:

Kornath

A unit of 30+ skirmishing shades with characters loaded with anti-magic items is a lot less vulnerable to shooting and magic than a unit of 16 chaos warriors. ;)

Kornath
10-02-2009, 18:07
A unit of 30+ skirmishing shades with characters loaded with anti-magic items is a lot less vulnerable to shooting and magic than a unit of 16 chaos warriors. ;)

Hmm, can't disagree with that one.

But I suppose a hellcannon could do some nasty things if you had to take a panic test at -1... Doom Banner just to make sure it might go through

Or just throw some knights into the group... Perhaps Khorne... Yes that'll do fine.

Kornath

Marshal Sinclair
10-02-2009, 18:15
Or have the unit walk through the centre of a thick forest, give them a Blasted Standard, Banner of the Gods and Fury of the Blood God (on the BSB).

Now you have a stubborn, terror causing unit with a 3+/5++ save vs shooting, 4++ vs spells, MR2, and 7 ASF attacks to minimise the damage done before the units great weapons strike. That is if you can even see the unit through whatever terrain you're marching through. Admittedly it's most of your points. :D

Disciple of Caliban
10-02-2009, 18:35
^^, see, now your getting close to a deathstar. For chaos ones the favourite at the min seems to be the troll deathstar. This is particularly nasty because it gets better the more you try and kill it (roll on EoTG table when they regen), load it with special characters and magic items, and bam.

Col. Tartleton
10-02-2009, 19:17
Skaven win at Deathstar lists:

2000 pts:

Clanrats x25 (Command + Ratling ) - 210
Clanrats x25 (Command + Ratling) - 210
Clanrats x25(Command + Ratling) - 210

Warlock Master - 265
(Standard Kit+ Death Globes+ Storm Daemon+ EotHR+ Talisman of Prot.)

Warlock Engineer (With Standard Kit) - 85
Warlock Engineer (With Standard Kit)- 85

Warp Lightning Cannon - 100

Poisoned Wind Globadiers x2 - 20
Poisoned Wind Globadiers x2 -20

Slaves x25 - 50
Slaves x25 - 50
Slaves x25 - 50

Jezzails x4 - 80
Jezzails x4 - 80

Stormverminx15 (Command) -180

Enough Dakka to make an ork weep. Stick the warlocks in the clanrats, give the master the stormvermin, use slaves as bait with the PWG in between the blocks, and jezzails and wlcs on the wings to shoot the enemy as they come with greenish death.

Griefbringer
10-02-2009, 19:57
Wasn't this thread supposed to be about lizardmen, and not about chaos and the vile rat-kin?

Marshal Sinclair
10-02-2009, 20:07
Do you really want people starting a thread exactly the same for each race? :eyebrows:

Rubicon
10-02-2009, 20:09

2000 pts:

Warlock Master - 265

Slaves x25 - 50
Slaves x25 - 50
Slaves x25 - 50

Jezzails x4 - 80
Jezzails x4 - 80

Enough Dakka to make an ork weep. Stick the warlocks in the clanrats, give the master the stormvermin, use slaves as bait with the PWG in between the blocks, and jezzails and wlcs on the wings to shoot the enemy as they come with greenish death.

I'm still searching for the death star unit....?

Borthcollective
10-02-2009, 20:36

2000 pts:

Warlock Master - 265

Slaves x25 - 50
Slaves x25 - 50
Slaves x25 - 50

Jezzails x4 - 80
Jezzails x4 - 80

Heck if we aren't making legal army lists I can make some pretty gross artillery lines with my Dwarfs.

You have too many rares in your list there, and as said above there is no Death Star.

Col. Tartleton
10-02-2009, 21:47
No I don't, its a legit organization. Its in the codex.

Skyre Rares in a Skyre list are lifted to specials and specials to troops. AKA Skyre Warpcheese

The whole lists the Deathstar :) It costs less than 24 chaos undivided chosen, wrath banner, and full command with Archaon

Cry of the Wind
10-02-2009, 22:36
Sorry Col. Tartleton, I think you missed the entire idea of what a Deathstar is. That said your list might make a good X-wing...

The Lizardmen Deathstar idea that was tossed around my FLGS was tossing two Engine of the Gods into a Temple Guard unit (I think we used 16 TG for this one) with Slann and Gor-rok + full command. This unit has only the champ and Gor-rok in the front rank with the Engines and thus prevents rank and file from being killed for at least one turn. Combine that with two burning alignments per turn and whatever spells the Slann throws out and you have a nasty unit. We tested it against a Plauge Bearer deathstar using Epidemus and 2 Heralds (one as BSB) and it lost in two or three rounds. This one costed about 1600pts IIRC.

Col. Tartleton
11-02-2009, 00:11
Yeah, I must not have been listening...

Ok, so deathstars one unit. Right.:D

I was just a bit confused by all the multiple unit deathstars that were being posted.

So it has to be slumped together as a block? Ok. In that case:

Nurglitch - 575
25 Plague rats with command - 249
10 PCB -170

For 994 points it will eat things

Borthcollective
11-02-2009, 13:27
No I don't, its a legit organization. Its in the codex.

Skyre Rares in a Skyre list are lifted to specials and specials to troops. AKA Skyre Warpcheese

The whole lists the Deathstar :) It costs less than 24 chaos undivided chosen, wrath banner, and full command with Archaon

I didn't realize that the Skaven book was old enough to still have the specialized lists in the back. Sorry about that.

AndrewGPaul
11-02-2009, 16:18
I remember playing against a rather fearsome Skaven force in 4th edition; a monstrous unit of Clanrats (can't remember how many, but he used the army book as a movement tray), with a Screaming Bell with a Grey Seer, Thanquol, Boneripper and Queek Head-Taker in the front rank. I think Deathmaster Sniktch was in there too, and possibly Throt the Unclean, just because he had the mini. I know he also had the Plague Monk special character, but I don't think he was in this unit.

More recently, I tried such a force of High Elves in a 1500 point game - a tooled-up L2 Dragon mage in a 1,500 point force. Sadly, the general plus his entire unit got skewered by Brettonnian knights in turn 2, and the Mage failed a panic check and fled off the table.

Neknoh
11-02-2009, 16:35
Can Engine of the Gods join units? Do their "boom" affect units in combat? Does Kroaks "boom" affect units in combat? If yes to all three... I can see a rather nasty full-point unit going up.

2 Engines, Kroak, Chakax, all in ONE unit of Temple Guard the size of 2000 points -characters -3 skink units.

The unit now does a LOT of hits on units in combat with them in the magic phase!

Drgn
11-02-2009, 17:09
Engine of the Gods are monstrous mounts and can't join units. im pretty sure

Neknoh
11-02-2009, 17:33
Being a multi wound mount has nothing to do with joining units as far as I know

Sarah S
11-02-2009, 18:01
That's funny, Drgn said the right reason, but came to the wrong conclusion.

Engines of the Gods can join units specifically because they are monstrous mounts.

That is to say they are a character riding a big monster. And since characters can join units, and since the only restriction is against characters on flying monsters from joining units the Priest on Engine would be able to join any unit.

And yes, the Burning Configuration and Deliverance of Itza both affect enemy units that are in combat.

Neknoh
11-02-2009, 18:08
Well there we go

Burning Configuration x2 + Lowest Casting of Deliverance spammed = units in combat either completely fried or partially fried enough times to enable the templeguard to soundly trounce them

artificial orange
11-02-2009, 18:35
Would the EotGs be able to be in Kroak's unit, seeing as it's unbreakable, though?

Disciple of Caliban
11-02-2009, 18:39
^^ Yeah, i'd considered that, though i maybe wouldnt use Kroak and Chakax together.

You can potentially fill the front rank with stegs/characters, meaning your T4 temple guard dont actually have to get hit, not that them getting hit matters, because they're unbreakable anyway :). A slight problem arises with the fact that the death of both stegs (and all skinks) could allow your enemy to get a minor win, though i cant really think of a way they could kill both stegadons without losing a few units in the process :)

dunagrad
11-02-2009, 19:11
However, for a proper Deathstar list, I think some theming should go for the models too:

- Slann should wear enormous shiny black helmet and a black cloak
- Accompanying temple guard should be albinoes, with some parts of armour painted in black (they should also roll lots of ones for to-hit rolls)
- Terradons should be presented by arcane pieces of flying machinery piloted by albino skinks
- Stegadons should have very long legs with roundish feet and enclosed howdah

Besides, the whole army should be massively vulnerable to small, rotund creatures dwelling in primeval forests.

Nice! So, does the black helmeted Slann get to carry a shiny red lightening stick, or does the power come attached to a ring?

Jack Spratt
12-02-2009, 10:53
Can someone please tell me what a 'deathstar' list is? I do not get it.

Thanks,
Jack

The Red Scourge
12-02-2009, 11:34
... Banner of the Gods and Fury of the Blood God (on the BSB).

Now if only this was legal... :rolleyes:

I'll let you figure it out for yourself :p

Griefbringer
12-02-2009, 11:56
Nice! So, does the black helmeted Slann get to carry a shiny red lightening stick, or does the power come attached to a ring?

I think the red stick would definitely be the way to go!

Can someone please tell me what a 'deathstar' list is?

Basically, it is a list with a single mega-über-killy-awesomeness unit (accompanied by about as many characters as can fit in).

therisnosaurus
12-02-2009, 11:59
FEEL THE FURY OF OUR FULLY ARMED AND OPERATIONAL BATTLESTATION

*pit of shades slaan*
*flank charge with 5 knights*

DAMNATION VADER! I TOLD YOU TO BUY INSURANCE!

xragg
12-02-2009, 13:22
Basically, it is a list with a single mega-über-killy-awesomeness unit (accompanied by about as many characters as can fit in).

...and is a strat that usually fails because the unit can never earn its points back. Not much different the the "eggs in one basket" situation. At best it can kill 5 units, assuming it can get a charge on the second turn and every turn after that without running off the board. Any competent player will just feed/bog down the "deathstar" with cheap, dispendable units. Its still fun trying to dream up the deathstar units and compare/contrast them.

Axis
12-02-2009, 13:49
How many people actually have this in their army list? Be honest now.

Storm banner is pretty awesome.

Anyway it is stupid how the lizardmen deathstar thread is about skaven and warriors...

I don't know how good a temple guard deathstar is. It is very slow and if you can shut off most their magic phase then it isn't too difficult to ignore/redirect etc. Certainly it is probably the most durable thing i can think of atm. Give slaan MR3 and give them the sun standard... ouch.

Marshal Sinclair
12-02-2009, 14:23
Now if only this was legal... :rolleyes:

I'll let you figure it out for yourself :p

The Battle Standard Bearer says he can't take any magic items. Gifts of Chaos aren't magic items. I can't see any reason why you can't take one.

Disciple of Caliban
12-02-2009, 18:46
...and is a strat that usually fails because the unit can never earn its points back. Not much different the the "eggs in one basket" situation. At best it can kill 5 units, assuming it can get a charge on the second turn and every turn after that without running off the board. Any competent player will just feed/bog down the "deathstar" with cheap, dispendable units. Its still fun trying to dream up the deathstar units and compare/contrast them.
^^ WHY!! why do people think a unit needs to make its points back to be effective. It doesnt, and deathstars are a very powerful force. Indeed, not to long ago a GT was won by a VC force using a dire wolf deathstar.

They do well because the list doesnt give up many points. At worst a good deathstar list gives up 200 pts (in core troops), the only other way to get points is by table quarters or killing the deathstar.

Beating a deathstar list is very very tough, most lists can manage a draw (by avoiding the uber unit, or occupying it with cheap units), but actually beating a deathstar is very very tough

Axis
12-02-2009, 23:14
The Battle Standard Bearer says he can't take any magic items. Gifts of Chaos aren't magic items. I can't see any reason why you can't take one.

Fury of the blood god says you can't take any magic items. The standard is magic. Therefore you cant take it.

ScalySkin
13-02-2009, 06:24
Here is an alternate Lizard death star list to the great Kroak/TG/EoTG suggestion. Not so expensive, but still very deadly:

2 saurus old bloods on carnasaur, one old blood has light armor, shield of mirrored pool and scimatar of sun resplendant (+2 attacks) and the other old blood has light armor, shield, blade of realities and jaguar standard. Join them to a unit of 5 saurus cavalry with full command and the sun standard of chotec. (protects from missile fire)

Considering the amount of armor and protect this unit has, you should be pretty safe from all except non-missile based magic attacks, so you would need maybe a couple of skink priests with a diadem of power. It will also have enough attacks win any combat that I can think of. Best of all, imagine the fear your opponent will feel when faced with a unit with 2 old bloods on carnasaurs!

This unit will cost 1175 pts, so you can still add a priest on engine of the gods and some ranked up saurus blocks

Neknoh
13-02-2009, 10:20
Problems:

1. It requires 2 Lord Choices

2. Is it even legal with a magical banner AND magical items on the same character in the Lizzie book?

Cry of the Wind
13-02-2009, 14:09
You can't have an Oldblood as a BSB for one and second you can't have magic items and magic banner unless you're a Slann. Not to mention the 2 Lord choices...

I'm not sure a lizardmen deathstar will ever use the Oldblood. Slann give so many more boosts to the TG unit that it seems silly to start anywhere else.

fastcarfreak
13-02-2009, 14:56
I think lizzies can make a pretty decent deathstar with slann, EotG priest, 2 scar vets on coldones with some decent magic items in a unit of temple guards....

I think the only skaven deathstar I can think of is. a huge (50+) unit of stormvermin, full command with banner that gives extra combat results for outnumbering, a bsb leading from the back with warbanner, deathmaster sniktch, and chieftain with heavy armour, shield, handweapon, greatweapon and skaven brew. I would think at the least you issue a challange with deathmaster sniktch, and cause up to 5 overkill wounds (for 6 or 7 combat results) maybe a couple or few wounds with with your stormvermin and chieftain. Dont forget you have skaven brew as well, so your unit can be even more sick if it you manage hatred or frenzy. Add all the combat results from wounds and the static combat result of 8 (7 if you decide to go sacred banner of the horned rat to cause fear instead) and you have like 15 to 20 combat results, depending on how you roll... At probably a little over 1000 points you have a very sick unit, and you can still surround the unit with a bunch of units of clanrats and ratling guns!!!

I think it would be hard pressed for even another deathstar unit to do that many combat results, especially considering the deathmaster should be eliminating at least one character in the front ranks before it gets a chance to attack because he strikes first when revealed.

whoa, Now I want to try this out.... lol what do you guys think.

jax40kplyr1
13-02-2009, 15:57
Lets see - the only problem with deathstar units (unless your playing against WoC and they roll the everhateful 11 or 12 for the Str of the Tzeentch spell) is scenarios and mission rules. Even with pitched battles, your talking table quarters, banners, etc. Most of the tournaments I have been to use 300 points as the deciding factor with wins, loses or draws. I'll be more than happy to play against someone who runs the "everything in one unit and some skinks" list - it's only M4. I'll just claim the other table quarters, kill the skinks off easily and claim a win. And give him a 0 for comp score.
With slann losing the magic missile gatling gun and the lack of a dominating lore of magic, I just don't see them causing that much damage to make up their points. Add in if the enemy army has any artillery, they will be targeting every EOTG that they can see. Only would have to kill 1 to basically win the game.

rodmillard
14-02-2009, 04:25
If you want to go mobile deathstar, consider:

Krok Gar (635) 2 Priests on EotG (390 each), and 12 CoR with full command (470). Garnish with 2 min size units of ranked up skinks (50 points each) and you have 15 points left over...

Rioghan Murchadha
14-02-2009, 06:23
If you want to go mobile deathstar, consider:

Krok Gar (635) 2 Priests on EotG (390 each), and 12 CoR with full command (470). Garnish with 2 min size units of ranked up skinks (50 points each) and you have 15 points left over...

That is one hell of a way to lose to Infernal Gateway :p

Cry of the Wind
15-02-2009, 21:09
That is one hell of a way to lose to Infernal Gateway :p

Like all deathstars?

bob_the_small
07-04-2009, 22:17
Every skaven player i know uses the storm banner

O&G'sRule
07-04-2009, 22:47
multiple engines of the gods. 1 is bad enough especially if you take independent characters

Kill-Freedom
08-04-2009, 10:10
A 4+ bound spell is easy enough to dispel. And think of all the impact hits this unit would do the first time it charged an enemy deathstar unit.

If they get to charge, really easy to use fast cavalry against them, and also shoot them to pieves

stonehorse
08-04-2009, 11:23
Lizardmen have always encouraged Deathstar units, due to the way Slann work with Temple Guard, having said that the worst Death Star unit I have seen is in an Ogre Kingdom army, Tyrant, 2 Bruisers, in a unit of 5 Man Eaters. All with a brace of Handguns, one Bruiser is the BSB, the other Bruiser has equipment to make him Toughness 6, and a Ward save, plus equiped with Greedy Fist, his job is to issue and accept chanllenges. While the Tyrant has the Thunder mace.

It is very nasty, and one that my Dark Elves can't damage enough.

soots
08-04-2009, 12:01
The amount of sickening combinations lizardmen can field is numerous. People will catch on theyre a Teir 1 army. Ive always said so and alot of people refuse to beleive me.

They can field full stubborn armies of stegadons, or full stubborn armies of Saurus + TG + Kroxies, or have an insane shooting phase with poison shots in the 100s for dirt cheap, or they can play herohammer better than anyone else, or very powerful magic phases.

a squig
08-04-2009, 12:06
In 2,250 you can get 6 stegadon 4 being EOTG

4x EOTG =1560
2x Acient = 470
3x 10 ranked skinks
10 skink scrimishers

2250 exactley

:D