PDA

View Full Version : How to kill a daemon BSB with WoC?

MSU
09-02-2009, 20:15
I have an upcoming game against DoC and my opponents strategy revolves around a Herald of Khorne BSB on a Juggernaut with Armor of Khorne and the Firestorm Blade, while holding the big stubborn deamon banner. There will be no greater deamons in the army and it is strongly Khorne themed (i.e. bloodletters and bloodcrushers, probably flesh hounds).

I am using Warriors of Chaos. What would be the best way to take out the BSB (2 wounds, toughness 4, 5+ Ward save, high armor save ... 0+ maybe?)?

I was thinking of using Nurgle magic level 1 spell to suck away his two wounds in two turns, but does he get his ward save on that? Magic resistance could be annoying too.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Shamfrit
09-02-2009, 20:28
Magnificent Buboes is called magnificent for a reason you know! :p

Cast it on 3 dice, he'll get MR1 vs. it; but only has 3 dice dispelling max. Take two Lvl.2's with Nurgle and he will go down by turn 3 unless he's very well hidden.

A Lord with the Aethersword will also run amok through him, especially with a -1 armour save of his own.

MSU
09-02-2009, 20:36
Does he get his 5+ daemon ward save vs the spell? How about 'look out sir' rule? Do you have any reference for the pages for these either way?

Lardidar
09-02-2009, 21:46
No and no .... its the first nurgle spell it will be in your army book.

Shamfrit
09-02-2009, 21:49
Buboes only negates armour saves, so he'll get his 5+ ward, but, that's a 33% chance to save, as opposed to a 1+/5+ which is virtually immune!

Lardidar
09-02-2009, 22:13
Oh, I thought Daemon saves were negated by magic ... or am I thinking old rules?

Neckutter
09-02-2009, 22:32
nurgle spell #1. it is amazing, unless you haveta kill a nurgle BSB. :P

at any rate, it can add a wound to the bsb, so when you do get into HtH your character can hopefully deal another wound to the bsb and finish him off.

also if that daemon bsb is a wizard you can puppet/black tongue him.

@lardidar daemons have a 5+ normal ward now