PDA

View Full Version : Arming Tyranid Battleforce

MistaGav
09-02-2009, 22:24
I have a Tyranid Battleforce on the way shortly (should be tommorow) and I'm just wondering what I should arm the niddlies with.

Hormagaunts and Genestealers are simple really but since the changes 5th has brought to Tyranids I don't really want to go shooty mad. I have a carnifex with Twin Deathspitters + Talons and 6 genestealers already painted with a biovore and Zoanthrope on the way but that's another matter.

Ok so it's really what should I give 8 termagants, a fex and 3 warriors?

Nabeshin1106
10-02-2009, 00:09
Are you looking for the Fex to be Heavy or Elite? If Heavy, I'd go with a Barbed Strangler and a Venom Cannon. If you want Elite, I'd give him either 2 Twin Devourers or a Barbed Strangler and Scything Talons.

If you want cheap cannon fodder, give the Gaunts Spinefists, if you want a little firepower, give them Fleshborers.

I have little to no experience with Warriors as I never field them, sorry. Maybe some Deathspitters?

Valtiel
10-02-2009, 02:48
I equip my Warriors with Deathspitters and scything talons, then flesh hooks (could be taken off), Toxin Sacs (if they have a Barbed Strangler in the unit) and Enhanced Senses (if they have a Venom Cannon in the unit). I run them 3 normally but would like to increase these two units to 4 each (one has Barbed, other VC). They work pretty well, they are cheap and they give some decent support fire.

holmcross
10-02-2009, 07:28
For gaunts: Fleshboarers. Better at killing MEQ

For genestealers: Vanilla with feeder tendrils

Warriors: Deathspitters with a barbed strangler, venom sacs and scything talons is a good one for a shooty unit. I don't like VCs on warriors because you'd need enhanced senses to get any of the shots to hit, and it doesn't pair well with deathspitters (they're an anti-infrintry unit).

Carnifex: Scything talons/barbed strangler , 2x scything talons, 2x devourers, are all good options.

Explodingboy
10-02-2009, 07:40
claws.

I really don't like the sniper bugs and any of that malarky, I always go with maximum claws, hormogaunts, and leaping warriors.

starlight
10-02-2009, 07:41
All of the above. :p

Magnetise the limbs and have it all for (relatively) low cost. :D

Putty
10-02-2009, 07:43
spend a bit of effort magnetising your carnifex and eventually all your TMCs. scything talons, venom cannon and barbed strangler are worthy bits to modify to fit.

warriors will be great with deathspitter + venom cannon + scything talons + toxin sacs.

spinegaunts are best value.

Hicks
10-02-2009, 07:44
Gaunts should get fleshborers.

Hormagaunts should get the spinefists (you don't want hormagaunts).

Stealers get feeder tendrills.

Carnifex gets scything talons and barbed strangler (save up the devourer for your next fex).

Warriors get death spitters and talons, or rending claws and talons.

Sleazy
10-02-2009, 08:46
Carnifex should always have talons and claws...rule of cool baby, rule of cool.

Remoah
10-02-2009, 08:47
Hormagaunts... look cooler than anything else and they're the only 'nid grunt i consider remotely fluffy.

MistaGav
10-02-2009, 10:40
hmm nice input there think I made up my mind though.

Warriors - DS + BS + ST
Stealers - Standard + FT (Need to figure out how to sculpt these)
8 Spinegaunts
8 Termagants
Rippers - Bog standard
Carnifex - Magnetise then either shooty or Close combat (Gonna find a tutorial in magnets as this is the first)
Actually what and where are the best sized magnets for this job?

Justicar Myo
10-02-2009, 13:02
i think a lot of up close and in your face wepons and then some killer range wepons. becasue that way if some one is trying to kill the ranged guys, melee kills and vice versa, but hey its your army:)