Chaos Chariot - 150
-Mark of Khorne

2 Chaos Spawn - 110

Scyla - 105

5 Warhounds - 30

5 Warhounds - 30

6 Warhounds - 36

2249 total

48 warriors, 4 chariots, 3 spawn, 16 hounds. A fairly healthy model count for a very elite army.

The warriors units are able to stand up to undead and most T3 S3 infantry with combat res from kills and MoS protecting against autobreak. They have trouble against tougher, stronger infantry on their own, but with a chariot or Valkia or a spawn helping they can beat most other blocks. They aren't all that expensive compared to the larger blocks of weaker infantry that most armies take, and are much easier to deploy. I know, warriors are not the most effective game plan, but I wanted to give them a shot.

Valkia is my sole character because I feel I have enough units to weather most magic, she provides much-needed rerollable break tests for holding after cavalry charges, is very mobile, and a powerful combat lord to boot. She is a bargain for her points and is able to assist my army wherever it needs help, which can be unpredictable at times with four frenzied chariots and 3 variable-movement spawn.

The purpose of the chariots is to support the infantry blocks. They are individually rather cheap for their offensive power, are easy to screen, and can deliver their full attacks along very little frontage which makes it easier to get them into combat effectively. Frenzy has its problems, but with three units of hounds for screening, four chariots for my opponent to worry about, and Valkia with three spawn to chase troublemakers away, I should be able to work around it. Redundancy is key here, as I know I cannot expect all of my chariots to make it into combat consistently (though it will be glorious when they do), but with four I can expect two to make it which will usually be enough to deliver some punch where I need it.

The spawn chase away march blockers, kill skirmishers in woods, stop jerks in my backfield from getting to my blocks, and can tie up opposing infantry for a little while. Scyla excels at this, with an extra point of WS to reduce the amount of hits taken, an extra wound, a ward save, and an extra movement die.

Yes, I am aware that taking carbon-copies of the same two units for the bulk of my points is a bit boring, but I got plenty of chariots and warriors I haven't had a chance to use that need their moment in the sun, and I think it would be a fairly interesting list to play against.

Axis
09-02-2009, 23:30
Your opponent does have complete control over the magic phase. Any spell they want to cast wont be dispelled. I know you say you can weather it but what if it is against VC where they dont cast at you so much but raise and move things around.

Artemis360
11-02-2009, 01:52
What if they nuke Valkia with magic? She's flying so she cant join units and if you send her ahead to plow into the enemy your warriors will be too far away to get her Ld and BSB powers. Another thing is that you only have two models on the whole board that can have anything to do with the Eye of the Gods table. Thats a big waste of one of Valkia's primary abilities. Why don't you switch at least one warrior unit out for some chosen with favour of the gods (since apparently we're not worried about having any kind of SCR anyway). Remember, they roll their EotG powers after deployment so they benefit from valkia. A warshrine would be good too...

Kalec
11-02-2009, 02:44
Valkia can join units. Its characters with flying mounts that can't.